Queen (Roger Taylor) Talks about Michael Jackson

SIDEWALK

Proud Member
This is a very old interview with Roger Taylor, the drummer from Queen, but i thought it was quite interesting :)
if only he had done it , would have been AMAZING.

Sounds: What sort of musical differences are there between you all?

Roger: "Well, John (Deacon) is into funk and pure pop while I prefer more abrasive things. Freddie likes all sorts of weird things and at the moment he's really into Michael Jackson. Michael was going to come on stage for an encore at one of our shows to do 'We Are The Champions' because it's apparently his favourite song, but he
chickened out. Brian (May) just likes heavy metal.

© Sounds Magazine - 1980

Ohhhhhh my gosh, that would have been so amazing! I love Queen so much!! And I can totally see Michael wailing with Freddie on We Are The Champions!!

Man Michael, why didn't you do it!!!!!!

awwww!!!!!!!!! That woulda been HOTTTT :yes:
oh well, lol.
MJ did go to a couple of Queen concerts, though. LOL, MJ and Freddie- what a pairing!

He also defended Michael on his website during the trial.

that would have been the ultimate performance to me. My 2 fav entertainer would have shared the stage...*dreaming*

That's really a shame that he never came on stage. Queen are amazing, they're one of my favorite bands.

That would have been awsome the two greatisit entertainers in the History of Music singing on stage together, would have been mindblowing

arrrghhhh that would have been tight. mj doing we are the champions

Queen IMO is the greatest rock band ever......I like them a hell of a lot more than The Beatles. No disrespect for the Beatles, but Queen was great...and Freddie is greatly missed.

Ehmmm.... sorry guys, I was talking about Brian May indeed. Got them mixed up.

Didn't Queen and MJ work together on some songs in the 80s? I remember reading a book about Queen shortly after Freddie died and MJ was mentioned in it too. If I quote it from heart is was something like Freddie taking some drugs at the time Queen and MJ were in the studio, but out of respect for, as the book called it, "the childish popstar", Freddie took the drugs on the toilet.

Didn't Queen and MJ work together on some songs in the 80s? I remember reading a book about Queen shortly after Freddie died and MJ was mentioned in it too. If I quote it from heart is was something like Freddie taking some drugs at the time Queen and MJ were in the studio, but out of respect for, as the book called it, "the childish popstar", Freddie took the drugs on the toilet.

Freddie did take Cocain but wheather he took it around Michael is a mystery

Queen IMO is the greatest rock band ever......I like them a hell of a lot more than The Beatles. No disrespect for the Beatles, but Queen was great...and Freddie is greatly missed.

Agree with you!

I've read about this too.

freddie was the original singer for " a state of shock" theres a demo of this and more to life than this as has already been said

yeah brian may has always been a big fan of mjs gave an interview to the old king magazine back in 97 when he attended mjs history concerts at wembley.

Man, Michael and Freddie on stage together would've been one of the neatest things!

Michael "chickened out" , lol. Wonder what happened...

That would have been awesome if Michael had sang We Are The Champions on stage with Queen. After The Beatles, Queen are my favorite band.

I like Queen, not actually a fan but they've got some of the best songs ever! Plus THEY ARE AMAZING LIVE :wild: :wild: Freddie's got to be one the best live performers ever :yes: :yes:
It's cool that Freddie likes Michael, I read somewhere that Michael's a Queen fan too :D.

It's cool that Freddie likes Michael, I read somewhere that Michael's a Queen fan too :D.

It's so cool that they appreciate each other! They both are brilliant!

My ultimate performance would have been if Freddie had been singing Another one bites the dust while Michael had been dancing to it!!! OMG!

that would have been so cool!!!! i absolutely love queen :)

i just love to see them together :)
l_ada575150661e7e3409b70984d4921d3.jpg

Freddie_Mercury_John_Deacon_Michael.jpg

It's so cool that they appreciate each other! They both are brilliant!

My ultimate performance would have been if Freddie had been singing Another one bites the dust while Michael had been dancing to it!!! OMG!
Speaking of "Another One Bites the Dust", it was apparently Michael who told Queen that they should release that song as a single. :)

Back