Don't Stand Another Chance...with Michael?

I didn't know whether to post this in the General Discussion forum or Jackson Family News...if this is the wrong place, please move it.

Anyway, I just downloaded a track I didn't know existed: a version of "Don't Stand Another Chance" with Michael on vocals. He barely sings at all, but he's singing background vocals at times, and it's clearly Michael who's singing them. I can't tell, though, if this track is actually real, or if it's just MJ vocals from a MJ song mixed in with an extended version of the Janet song.

Anybody know what's up? Is this a legitimate track, or is it a fake mashup?

According to 'For the Record'

Song written by Marlon, for Janet's 'Dream Street' album, released in 1984.
Backing vocals by Michael, Jackie, Marlon and Tito.
Reached no.9 in the R&B singles chart and no.101 on the 'bubbling under' section of the Hot 100.

That's probably the maxi single. I have it, bought it when it originally came out. But they're on the regular version also, but the long version just has more vocals of the brothers in the mix. 2 of the songs on Dream Street are by Marlon, 2 are by Jesse Johnson from The Time (plus he did two of the B-sides) and the rest are by Giorgio Moroder & Pete Bellotte (who did a lot of Donna Summer's 70's stuff).

Thanks for the info, MJJHIStory and Duran Duran. That's really interesting, I never knew that they were featured on that track.

Back