Blood on the Dance Floor

I've always loved that song. Great energy.

It was at one point my fav. It's in my Top 5 now. Great song, pretty good music video, never was a fan of the lip synced performances during the HIStory tour tho. O well, still a sickkkk song.!

Mr.Jackson & the video is absoulutely stunning...

Smiles~~~

Last edited:
It's ok, at the time I thought it sounded dated, lol. Mike's dancing partner in the video - Lori Elle was "Diamond" from Prince's dance duo "Diamond & Pearl" from the early 90s.

Susie got your number
And Susie ain't your friend
Look who took you under
With seven inches in
Blood is on the dance floor
Blood is on the knife
Susie's got your number
And Susie says its right

-I just like that part lol, Anyway yeah the song is a bit outdated, but I can still apprecitate it. I think it's a really solid dance track. I really like that whole album actually eventhough many think it's rubbish.

Awesome song! Can't put my finger on exactly what is it that I love about it, but it's there...
The video sucks IMO the only good thing about it is that delish red suit :cheeky:

at the time I thought it sounded dated
Yeah, probably because it was.:D It didn't make the cut for Dangerous, and apparently wasn't really re-worked. I didn't mind, I really like the song. Something about the "To escape the world I got to enjoy this simple dance" part is especially nice.

I love BOTDF , i remember hearing for the first time on holiday and it just brings back great memories whenever i hear it.

Last edited:
Its a pretty creative song and it is one of my favorites. I always liked the song and was the first song that had a mix that I actually enjoyed almost as much as the orignal if not more so. That being the Refugee Camp Mix. I was never a fan of the video though. It was just too plain for him.

It's a great song. You hear that CRAZY ass high note Michael hits at the end? It's like, DAMN, lol. The man has one hell of a range. Plus Michael's harmonies are outstanding. You really have to listen to it a capella to hear it clearly. No one harmonizes or arranges vocals as brilliantly as Michael does.

I love the video, personally. It's hot and like my dad says, it's something you can imagine Michael in. He's hip enough to pull that off. Being in a club, with a super hot chick all over him, lol, in a red suite and braid. Plus we got to see Michael do some salsa dancing, which was great.

I enjoy both the song and the video a lot. I dig the hanging beads...haha.

I really like the dancing, especially when MJ is on the dance floor with his partner and does a quick head tilt just perfectly with the music. And I love it also when he is dancing on his own and after a pause in the music, he claps his hands together at the perfect time; it is very sharp, very cool...loooooove it!

Not a "Love at first-ever listen" type of song, but it took only several times to really dig the song. I don't try to make a certain song grow on me. I just give it some time to grow on me. The song went through that.

I'd choose the word "thumping" to describe it. One of the songs that you got to listen real loud and if possible in a large, open area.

It's ok, at the time I thought it sounded dated, lol. Mike's dancing partner in the video - Lori Elle was "Diamond" from Prince's dance duo "Diamond & Pearl" from the early 90s.
Maybe the song was made to have a retro vibe? Can't really put my finger on what it would be, but sounds like it has something from club music of the previous era. The video makes me believe that even more.

I never used to like the song but now I love it. I think more non-MJ fans would like it if they could understand what he is saying in the verses, that's one of the reasons I never used to like it.

Great Song :D Love it... Actually... I love all of Michael Jackson songs... but I classify it into 3 groups

Good
Better
Best

Most of it is in Better... :p

In The Good group there is only abt 3 the rest is in Best :D

I enjoy both the song and the video a lot. I dig the hanging beads...haha.

I really like the dancing, especially when MJ is on the dance floor with his partner and does a quick head tilt just perfectly with the music. And I love it also when he is dancing on his own and after a pause in the music, he claps his hands together at the perfect time; it is very sharp, very cool...loooooove it!

Couldn't have said it better!

I prefer BotDF live but great nonetheless.

It doesn't exist live - how do you mean? Or you mean the playback performance?

I love, love, looooove that song! Great memories!

I have been a fan of MJ when I was a child, but during the mid-90's I have to admit that I was more into boygroups (hell yeah, shame on me). HIStory and BOTDF brought me back to the crazy MJ train LOL (hope you know what I mean).

And I still remember driving around in our city, with this song on repeat looking for Michael (hotel, near the 'stadium', etc.) ... I love these memories!

I also love this song, and the video of cause ;)
like his red suit ;)....

I love the song and video...they are among my absolute faves (the red leather pants aren't too bad either...ahem). Seriously though, I can't even listen to that song just once. When I'm listening to a CD with that on it, I have to repeat it 2 or 3 times at least. LOL I just love that song. :)

Back