KING OF POP - French Edition: YOU make HIStory!

mjdatabank

Proud Member
October 14th, 2008: KING OF POP - French Edition: YOU make HIStory!

Coming soon: KING OF POP - the Voting Page.

Sony BMG France & MJ data bank will soon give French fans the opportunity to vote for their favorite Michael Jackson's songs that, hopefully, will make it on the final tracklist of KING OF POP - the French Edition.

Fans will have to pick 5 songs from the list and submit their vote.

Please note that Carousel (Full Version) and Got the Hots are included in the one hundred plus selection.

KING OF POP - the French Edition will hit the stores on December 8, 2008.

Stay tuned...

Source: Sony BMG / MJ data bank
This news can be reposted with a credit to MJ data bank

http://mjdatabank.com/english_version/news/news_main_current.htm

October 22nd, 2008: KING OF POP - French Edition: the Vote !

Michael Jackson is the King of Pop.

Michael turned 50 on August 29 and SONY BMG and their media partners are giving French fans the chance to congratulate Michael on this great success and celebrate his birthday by choosing the track list for Michael's French "The King Of Pop" Album that will be released on December 08.

Two editions of King of Pop will be available:

- Regular 2CD Set

- 3CD Deluxe Limited Edition - with rare tracks.

French fans can vote [here - page available in French only].

Rare tracks??? - I wonder what that means!!

the rare tracks are taken from NO, TUC, T25 Japan and Pipes of Peace by McCartney.
;)

I voted for

Carousel
Liberian Girl
One More Chance
Got The Hots
Say Say Say

I'll buy it if those make it to the tracklist.:D Or if the packaging looks good..:smilerolleyes:

I voted for

Carousel
Liberian Girl
One More Chance
Got The Hots
Say Say Say

I'll buy it if those make it to the tracklist.:D Or if the packaging looks good..:smilerolleyes:

That's very good voting!!

Hopefully everyone will vote like that. Would be awsome if thriller, beat it and billie jean DIDN'T make it to the final tracklist! we have them over and over again!

I'll buy the french edition too.

October 23rd, 2008: KING OF POP - Coming soon...

mjdnews1116.jpg

The French Edition of King Of Pop will be released on December 08th, 2008.

The artwork of the CD is currently being designed... Stay tuned for more details.

Also: On Monday, October 27, Sony BMG France will launch a special webpage as the starting point of the official French King Of Pop campaign.

October 30th, 2008: King of Pop - Rock With You (Original LP Version)

KING OF POP - The French Edition arrives !...

... And fans will be happy to learn that the French CD set will include the now rare Original Version of Rock With You as included on the OFF THE WAL album original pressings.

This track can be found on the original Epic LP's and tapes and also on the rare Japanese [first] CD pressing of OFF THE WALL released in 1983.

Now, this rare version is back...On December 08.

Stay tuned...

VOTE FOR THE KING OF POP AND WIN A MJ iPOD

^^^^^

That's great. Then I'll have to buy this version too!! :lol:

October 30th, 2008: King of Pop - Rock With You (Original LP Version)

KING OF POP - The French Edition arrives !...

... And fans will be happy to learn that the French CD set will include the now rare Original Version of Rock With You as included on the OFF THE WAL album original pressings.

This track can be found on the original Epic LP's and tapes and also on the rare Japanese [first] CD pressing of OFF THE WALL released in 1983.

Now, this rare version is back...On December 08.

Stay tuned...

VOTE FOR THE KING OF POP AND WIN A MJ iPOD

So what exactly is different about this original version of Rock With You?

The covers (2CD & 3CD versions) arrive...soon !

Last edited:
I just listened to my old cassette tape of Off The Wall and it had the version without the hand claps. Cool!

you don't have handclaps in the choruses.

it's a little more than that!

the original versions have a different mediocre rhythm guitar throughout.. Get On The Floor is also VERY different. they just weren't as polished or slick. the original GOTF can be found on the Liberian Girl CD single.
same too with the single version of Off The Wall - it was remixed - it's never been released on a compilation.

Last edited:
it's a little more than that!

the original versions have a different mediocre rhythm guitar throughout.. Get On The Floor is also VERY different. they just weren't as polished or slick. the original GOTF can be found on the Liberian Girl CD single.
same too with the single version of Off The Wall - it was remixed - it's never been released on a compilation.

you are just so right, and all good things come in due time :)

you are just so right, and all good things come in due time :)

not me. i'm not fussed.
i have the mixes on the very first Off The Wall CD 35 8P-2 released on the official CD launch day, October 1st 1982.

GREAT SLEEVE DESIGNS THOUGH!

Last edited:
Great covers!:D Looks a bit like some 90's action movie, though.:rolleyes2:

is there a link from some online shop where I could order it? :flowers:

Back