Sorry...I have to open up

Mariajoaosilva

Guests
My mother made the exam to her lung and after it,she fainted.After several exams,it was diagnosed that she has a brain aneurisma, in the only place of the brain that can't be removed because it makes connection to the eyes,the balance,and the behaviour.

I got a call saying my mother was in ICU fighting for life because her internal bleeding was very serious.
So the next day she has a 3 and half surgery named embolization.(A process where they glue the area that is bleeding,to try to make it stop).
The surgery went well,but she was in ICU for 15 days cause she couldn't moove without help,she was having memory and behaviour problems,and her heart was beating much to fast at times,and others much too slow.
I will never fotget the image of my mother in ICU...
After those eternal 15 days,my mom is changed to a regular room,where she stays a month making fisioteraphy,and gaining weight.

When she finally came home,she was very sick and fragille.But with a lot of treatmensts and fisioteraphy,she started to be able to do a few things on her own.
Problem is that there are some areas afected that will never recover.One of them is her emotions and behaviour.(only sometimes she is "in herself"),another thing is her balance.Because she has double vision,she dosen't have the notion where things are,so she needs help to walk and do everything.

On her lastest appoitments,last year,and some already this year,after 2 MRI,it was found that her brain aneurisma grew.
This is the same as saying that she has a bom in her head that can explode from one moment to the other,or a bomb that will slowly kill all her organs till it burstes,and she ends up dying.

These past months,my mother has been getting worst almost day-by-day,and because of it,she was making a lot of exams to her heart that sometimes stops beating,other beats much too fast,and also to her kidneys cause she has a kidney infeccion that dosen't go away no matter what she takes for it.
Last but not least,it was diagnosed that if my mother dosen't try to make a eye surgery to see if they can fix one of the muscles she has paralised,she will end up getting blind.

We were all told about the risks this surgery takes.My mom can dye in the surgery.It is a very delicated surgery because they will have to touch in the area where the aneurisma is.
To try to make things easier for my mother,she dosen't knows that she might never wake up from this surgery.If she gets too anxious and her blood pressure gets even more high, it can be fatal to her.

Since 2006 my life chaged completly.I was making plans to start my life,and all of the sudden,my mother needs me in a way that if i wasn't here for her,she would have to be in the hospital,or homeless,and i would never allow that to happen,because i love my mother more than wors can say.
I just wish i could do more than just help her doing things.

My biggest problem now,is that i am exausted phisically and emotionally speaking.
Since 2006 that i have all my life on hold and i am completly alone here doing everything because my brothers are never here.
Now next thursday,my mom will go to the hospital to be prepared for the surgery that will be next friday,24rd,and i am scared to death of what can happen cause even though i am being told to be prepared for everything,i have no idea how can i do that,because the idea of loosing my mother scares me,and it is something that i can't imagine happening so soon.
Can anyone tell me how do i prepare myself?
Sometimes i have no idea how i can still do things,as i feel so weak and without strenghs.
All i want to ask all of you, is how do i deal with something like this?
What more can i do and give to make my mother so she feels better?(i feel so useless)
If someone has an idea,if it is not asking too much,please pray for my mother so everything goes the best way possible.Her name is Elisa.
Thank you so much for everything.

I feel terrible for you :(
First of all, I don't know if you believe in Godbut praying always works for me when I'm helpless ot worried about something.
Second, I know there are support groups that help people in your situation. Try to contact such a group, share your fears and thoughts with these people and I'm sure they'll give you all the mental support in the world.
I hope all your friends and relatives realize they have to be there for you and your mom.
I think that a psychologist will probably help you deal with this difficult situation.

Please update us as soon as possible ans send you mom the very best wishes.
May your next post be a very happy one:angel:

AW honey, Im so sorry for ur mom...

I have no idea of what it might be like, what ur going through, but I would never ever wanna lose my mom or dad...
You should find a therapy group, like IrIslovesMJ said. They will help you find strength within urself to go through this.
Im sure ur mom knows how much u love her, for being the only one by her side helping her the whole time, and I think at this point all she need is love. Make sure u ALWAYS show her how u love her, give her flowers, a card, when she gets anxious about the surgery, put on some relaxing songs and give her a good massage...these love gestures can help a lot. LOVE CAN HEAL. Believe that.

Also, believe in God, He is capable of anything. Miracles do happen, u just got to keep the faith. Put on "Keep the Faith" and sing it to her. Pray. A lot. With and without her. Ask Him to have the best for her to happen, and if its her time to go ask Him to take her peacefully and without pain or suffering. Ask Him to send an angel to greet her. Ask Him to send an angel to guide you.
God will never disappoint you, trust him, He's listening to ur every prayer. No tear is shed without his awareness. No effort is in vain.
Give the best u can give to ur mother, she'll always be thankful and so will God.

I will pray for both of u! :angel:

Deus te abençoe! God bless! :flowers:

I want to thank IrIslovesMJ and Telha,for the support and help.

I am having help of apsychiatrist and myfamily doctor because i am at point that i go to bed tired,and i wake up even more.

Tomorrow,thursday,my mom will go to the hospital to be prepared for surgery that will happen on friday.

I will let you know how everything is doing,but i have no idea at what time,because i will stay next to my mother till i'm sent home.

Once again,thank you so much for your prayers and support.
They mean a lot more than words can say.

I've been thinking about you and your Mom, Maria. I pray that everything will go ok on Friday. I'll be checking back for an update. Sorry I haven't been available much but I got alot of stuff going on myself. Take care girl. *hug*

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles Maria. I hope you find the strength to work through them and that everything turns out ok. During such horrible times you might find that you're stronger than you think - I hope you find a way to cope (and people to help you) and that you get lots of rest to recover from the fatigue once the crisis is over.

*Hugs*
Raylo

i'm so sorry to hear that about ur mother. i wish her all the best and a speedy full recovery.
God bless you :flowers:

Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Today me and my mother spent the all day in the hospital where she is now.She was making exams to make sure that she could have the surggery.
Just returned home and i am completly exausted.
Tomorrow her surgery is around 11am my time,and if all goes well,the surgery will last 1h and half.
The main thing is,she might not wake up from the surgery,and just that thought...

Cass sweetheart,i ahve been thinking a lot about you as well.Today in the hospital you wereso often in my thoughts my dear friend!
I hope you are doing well and you father too.You are always in my prayers,you know?love you so!

Anyways...thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers.They are so needed!

I want to thank IrIslovesMJ and Telha,for the support and help.

I am having help of apsychiatrist and myfamily doctor because i am at point that i go to bed tired,and i wake up even more.

Tomorrow,thursday,my mom will go to the hospital to be prepared for surgery that will happen on friday.

I will let you know how everything is doing,but i have no idea at what time,because i will stay next to my mother till i'm sent home.

Once again,thank you so much for your prayers and support.
They mean a lot more than words can say.
Dear God, please give maria the strength to go through this, just like you gave me the strength to go through my mothers illness and just like you comforted me when i needed all the comfort in the world. this is a lonely journey, and only you know how it feels. please give her mother comfort and assurance and strength to ease her suffering. Amen.:angel:

I have just read ur post and Im so sorry to hear about ur mother, you must be so worried tonight as well as exhausted. I will pray for you and your mother and hope with all my heart that the surgery goes well. Try to take care of yourself, do not be afraid to ask for help, you cannot do this all by yourself. If you do not take care of yourself you will become ill and then you will not be able to support your mother.
Take care and God Bless.....Big Hugs
Please let us know how the surgery goes and keep us updated about her recovery.

My mother made the exam to her lung and after it,she fainted.After several exams,it was diagnosed that she has a brain aneurisma, in the only place of the brain that can't be removed because it makes connection to the eyes,the balance,and the behaviour.

I got a call saying my mother was in ICU fighting for life because her internal bleeding was very serious.
So the next day she has a 3 and half surgery named embolization.(A process where they glue the area that is bleeding,to try to make it stop).
The surgery went well,but she was in ICU for 15 days cause she couldn't moove without help,she was having memory and behaviour problems,and her heart was beating much to fast at times,and others much too slow.
I will never fotget the image of my mother in ICU...
After those eternal 15 days,my mom is changed to a regular room,where she stays a month making fisioteraphy,and gaining weight.

When she finally came home,she was very sick and fragille.But with a lot of treatmensts and fisioteraphy,she started to be able to do a few things on her own.
Problem is that there are some areas afected that will never recover.One of them is her emotions and behaviour.(only sometimes she is "in herself"),another thing is her balance.Because she has double vision,she dosen't have the notion where things are,so she needs help to walk and do everything.

On her lastest appoitments,last year,and some already this year,after 2 MRI,it was found that her brain aneurisma grew.
This is the same as saying that she has a bom in her head that can explode from one moment to the other,or a bomb that will slowly kill all her organs till it burstes,and she ends up dying.

These past months,my mother has been getting worst almost day-by-day,and because of it,she was making a lot of exams to her heart that sometimes stops beating,other beats much too fast,and also to her kidneys cause she has a kidney infeccion that dosen't go away no matter what she takes for it.
Last but not least,it was diagnosed that if my mother dosen't try to make a eye surgery to see if they can fix one of the muscles she has paralised,she will end up getting blind.

We were all told about the risks this surgery takes.My mom can dye in the surgery.It is a very delicated surgery because they will have to touch in the area where the aneurisma is.
To try to make things easier for my mother,she dosen't knows that she might never wake up from this surgery.If she gets too anxious and her blood pressure gets even more high, it can be fatal to her.

Since 2006 my life chaged completly.I was making plans to start my life,and all of the sudden,my mother needs me in a way that if i wasn't here for her,she would have to be in the hospital,or homeless,and i would never allow that to happen,because i love my mother more than wors can say.
I just wish i could do more than just help her doing things.

My biggest problem now,is that i am exausted phisically and emotionally speaking.
Since 2006 that i have all my life on hold and i am completly alone here doing everything because my brothers are never here.
Now next thursday,my mom will go to the hospital to be prepared for the surgery that will be next friday,24rd,and i am scared to death of what can happen cause even though i am being told to be prepared for everything,i have no idea how can i do that,because the idea of loosing my mother scares me,and it is something that i can't imagine happening so soon.
Can anyone tell me how do i prepare myself?
Sometimes i have no idea how i can still do things,as i feel so weak and without strenghs.
All i want to ask all of you, is how do i deal with something like this?
What more can i do and give to make my mother so she feels better?(i feel so useless)
If someone has an idea,if it is not asking too much,please pray for my mother so everything goes the best way possible.Her name is Elisa.
Thank you so much for everything.

Dear Mar,
I feel your pain, exhaustion, and worry. Both of my parents (age 72) were eventually put into a nursing home when it became a safety issue, and my sister Deb and I were unable to take care of their medical needs any longer. To make a very long story short, I, we lost our dad (Pops) on August 13, 2008 due to a sepsus infection. I was very close to my dad and was absolutely devastated when he passed.

I, we always knew one day that day would come; of course the age factor, but we were more concerned with his (health issues)...

No one can prepare you for what may or may not happen. The best advice I,we can give you is to "ALWAYS" Keep The Faith~~~and God will guide you through.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with your Mom and You...

God Bless~~~

As some of you in here said ,i am exausted but somehow i can't sleep.I'm so scared...ithink i never felt this scared in my life.

I lost count of how many rosaries i prayed and for some reason that i can't understand,i can't stop feeling sad and very scared.

Again i want to thank all of you for your love and support that it has been my strengh lots of times.

Sdeidjs...i am so sorry for your lost.I can't imagine how it must feel and to be honest,i don't want to.

My mother and i are very close since i was a baby,as she was my mother and my father at the same time because my father never wanted to have me.(he only wanted boys).

God Bless all of you and the ones you love as well.I'm very toutched and in a way speachless,to see and feel so much love and support.

As some of you in here said ,i am exausted but somehow i can't sleep.I'm so scared...ithink i never felt this scared in my life.

I lost count of how many rosaries i prayed and for some reason that i can't understand,i can't stop feeling sad and very scared.

Again i want to thank all of you for your love and support that it has been my strengh lots of times.

Sdeidjs...i am so sorry for your lost.I can't imagine how it must feel and to be honest,i don't want to.

My mother and i are very close since i was a baby,as she was my mother and my father at the same time because my father never wanted to have me.(he only wanted boys).

God Bless all of you and the ones you love as well.I'm very toutched and in a way speachless,to see and feel so much love and support.

Your very welcome...Our thoughts and prayers are with You & Yours....

God Bless~~~

stay strong, i cant possibly imagine what you are going through Maria, however I know you have been stronger than you have thought. As you said you have put your life on hold to care for another life and not just any other life, the person who cared for you, loved you and raised you to be the woman you are. A sweet, loving, caring person. You have all my love and prays my love xxx

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbr5r9m-noY just the last 17 secs ;)

Last edited:
Oh my god. I feel so bad for you.....what a story you told. I wish only the best for you and your mother. I hope to God that she gets better. If you need any emotional support, just come on here....we're here for you. Take care...

I want to thank ,IrIslovesMJ,Sdeidjs and elusive moonwalker,for the prayers.I have the feeling that if it wasn't all the prayers i am having and my mother as well,that i wouldn't make this far.

big DB...you are always so kind and sweet.Thank you so so much for your love and support.It means a lot more than words can ever say.I hope you will never have to imagine or go throught what i am going now my dear friend.I don't wishthese mix of feelings i have,the stress to my worst enenmy.HUGS

LindaC781 Emotional support is one of things i need a lot.But i am having it more than i thought i would.In fact,i think that it wasn't my friends,(more than my family unffortunately),i don't know with whom i would talk to,or how to find strenghs to mooveon everyday.But linda,thank you so so much for your words and prayers.I don't know if you can imagine how it is to be in a situation like mine,but from what you said,i have the feeling that you do understand somehow.
Thank you so so much for your care

Ok...i just returned home from the hospital.
The surgery went well,but only on monday doctors can tell how the brain is responding to the surgery she had.
These first 24hours are some how the most important, cause of the after surgery complications that she can have,not only because of the anestisia she had,but also because of all the problems she has,and if her blood pressure gets out of control again,it can be fatal.

Again i want to thank you all for all the prayers,love and support.
Thanks to all of you,i have a bit of hope that my mother will make it.But these 24hours are very scary to me.
I'll keep you all update onj what is going on,when i have more news.
God bless all of you and thank you so so much from the botton of my heart.

It's good that the operation went well. My prayers are with you and your mother and if you need to talk with someone feel free to PM me and I will be there for you. God Bless you

I'm happy to hear it went well :)
Please update us when you get the latest from the doctors.

I will pray very hard for you!! Hope that operation did what it was supposed to do....it is too early for your mother. God doesn't want her right now.. She needs you and you need her....and she will be a grandmother one of these days...to YOUR CHILDREN. Believe me.

(hugs) to you and your mom. i am reading this a bit late, but will pray for you all. i hope all your family comes and helps you some, will pray for that as well. God bless all of you.

Last edited:
Raylo,dona77,IrIslovesMJ,friend...Thank you so so much for your prayers and support.
This night she was doing well.
Doctors said that it was maybe because she was still under the effect of the anestisia.
Today,untill i left her,she was starting to be more aware and couldn't open her eyes as she would feel pain.I was told it is normal as the surgery was only yesterday.
I can't wait for monday as well.It's on monday that doctors will havethe possibility to say if the brain accepted the changes made in her eye or not.
Again i want to thank all of you for your love and support.You have been amazing,and i had no idea i could have so much support in here as i don't post much,as i am not as much as online as i wish because my schedule is ruled bu mother's needs.

LindaC781...you have no idea how much i wanted that to be true.I'm affraid that will not happen.Not now,not ever i think.
My bf is from USA and i am in Portugal.Plus with my age,(35),i think it is dangerous to have a baby,specially if it is the first one.I would love a lot to be a mother.I love children,and my dream was always to marry and have a family.But right now i gave up beliveing that it will ever happen as anytime i tried to make a dream come true,something always happened,that made me change my plans.
Now i don't make plans anymore,and i try to live a day at a time.
I prefer not to dream because like this,i don't suffer if i can't have time for myself.
Thank you anyways for your sweet words.

God Bless all of you

Tomorrow it will be a big day for my mother (and for me as well).
we are going to find out if the surgery was worth it or not.
Basically what doctors will do is some tests to see how her vision reacts and also how her brain is acepting (or not),the changes that were done.

This night was a painfull night for her.She feels pain when she tries to open the eyes,and it is also very red as well.
plus she is very anxious and i was told that all night she was talking,so the other ladies in the same room had some trouble to find peace.

I feel like i am returning to the begining of all this.Like if it was a circle,and no matter how i try to find a way,it has no way out.

I'm again very scared and nervous.Her eye looks so bad...Maybe it is a good sign,but i don't know ,and then she is always in pain...i just wish there was something i could do to help her,and take her pain away!I feel so useless...so helpless...

Anyways i just want to thank all of you for your prayers and support.
God Bless you all
HUGS

Dear Maria, Im glad that the operation is over and pray that everything continues to go well, you still have a long road to follow but I pray that all will be well at the end and that your mum will feel better.
Please take care of yourself because this is very hard for you and you must try to stay well in order to help your mother.
My prayers are with you and your mother, take care and stay strong. xx

Back