Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Smooth Criminal

Votes: 112 48.1%
  • other (explain) if left any out

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

iboz75

Proud Member
So which music video do you love the best as far as the dancing? I like RTT. I love the beat, and the dancing. It's kind of styled like hip hop with Michael's touch.

Last edited:
Re: best choriography in a music video

Tough one. Too bad Dangerous doesn't count because it's not a music video because I would have picked that one. But as far as innovative ideas, I'd say Ghosts tops the list. I remember seeing the "making of" specials on VH1 and saw just how much work he put into it. A lot of great ideas went into Ghosts.

Next best for me would have been Smooth Criminal, which is still my favorite music video!

Gosh darn love Ghosts its like no other music thing ever. Its sort of a cross between classic MJ story based music film and a musical. Flames it grabs you. And the making of it is as impressive

I'd say technically Ghosts is the best, the choreography is very technical and a lot more complicated than other pieces. Smooth Criminal is a masterpiece though. There is not one moment in that video where someone is not doing anything. There dancing on that balcony bit, on the bar, everywhere, great video.

I love beat it. That backwards slide hands thing he does?

Fantastic.

Also the chicken having a seizure.

Remember The Time, Ghosts, and Smooth Criminal. RTT is the best though.

Ghosts is phenomenal. I watch Ghosts and think that those moves are still tight, still so fresh. That can be said for a lot of MJ's work, but Ghosts is intensive. I agree with Jabz though - Smooth Criminal is a real masterpiece, and will always be a favorite, but I think Ghosts has to win best choreography hands down.

sooooo mine go in this order:
1-thriller
2-beat it
3-smooth criminal
4-remember the time
5-ghosts

Ghost
Smooth Criminal
RTT
Beat it

I'd say,:

Smooth Criminal
RTT
Ghost

Hmm. Its between Ghosts and Smooth Criminal for me. The choreography for Ghosts is intricate and detailed and Michael makes it look so easy. But Smooth Criminal's choreography is so.....smooth lol and cool and that video was pure genius from beginning to end. So, I'll go with Smooth Criminal with Ghosts as a close second and YRMW in third. Oh and Bad in fourth lol.

Smooth Criminal FTW!

Hmm. Its between Ghosts and Smooth Criminal for me. The choreography for Ghosts is intricate and detailed and Michael makes it look so easy. But Smooth Criminal's choreography is so.....smooth lol and cool and that video was pure genius from beginning to end. So, I'll go with Smooth Criminal with Ghosts as a close second and YRMW in third. Oh and Bad in fourth lol.

Agreed lol. You said everything I wanted to say.

I'd have to definitely say...the Panther vid. Yes, I know it wasn't a music vid per se, but I believe it used to be part of Black or White, didn't it? I adore the dancing he does in that video.

ugh i already mafe this thread lol but RTT SC and GHOST

thriller and smooth criminal then remember the time. scream is tight as well.

This is my order:

Ghosts
Remember the Time
Thriller
Captain EO
Smooth Criminal
Bad
Beat It
The Way You Make Me Feel
You Rock My World

I'd have to definitely say...the Panther vid. Yes, I know it wasn't a music vid per se, but I believe it used to be part of Black or White, didn't it? I adore the dancing he does in that video.

But its not choreographed.

Tough one...I went with Smooth Criminal. But Bad and RTT tie with it.

A bit off topic, but who chrographed RTT? Fatima Robinson was one of those in charge?

But its not choreographed.

I know...perhaps that's why I LOVE it so much. Spontaneous "choreography". Motown 25 performance was apparantly spontaneous for the most part as well, and it went on to be highly acclaimed as a result.

But as for a planned dance in music video, I don't know. I'd have to watch them again.

Ghosts :) Doubt we'll ever see such an amazing music video / short film from any artist ever again.

In a way I don't like the Thriller video because of how much praise it gets. That probably sounds totally weird to all of you on here but you know where things get milked for all their worth and they lose their novelty? That's kinda how I feel about Thriller.

I am in no way taking away from the masterpiece that Thriller truly is but that's the reason it's not my favourite.

'Milking' aside, my top 5 Michael Jackson videos would have to be:

Ghosts
Smooth Criminal
Remember The Time
Earth Song
The Way You Make Me Feel

(Note: Earth Song may have very little dancing but the sheer impact and 'goosebump' effect it has is worthy of my top five).

YRMW IS HORRIBLE... LAUGHABLE EVEN!!

-Dal

Agreed.

Back