Thriller 25 - Sucess. More to follow?

King

Proud Member
Dear Members,

I wonder what you guys think but does anyone have the sneaking suspicion that Sony and Michael are going to do the same anniversary packages for all his other albums?

I think that if this was to happen, it would definitely signal the end of MJ for me.

Since 2003, there has been re-release after re-released of albums and singles.

Michael's recent 'catalogue' can only be compared to someone like Elvis. He's a dead megastar whose record label churns out re-release after re-release.

The difference is that Michael is still alive and needs to either announce retirement or do something.

Hopefully that 'something' won't be Off The Wall 30 or anything like that.

I think it's a shame with all the re-releases, BUT MJ is not finish yet!

I feel very sure he will release atleast one more album!

signs... they're all around us... but which one will you follow?

signs... they're all around us... but which one will you follow?

I will follow MJ, he said we haven't seen the last of him - and that I choose to believe!

Dear Members,

I wonder what you guys think but does anyone have the sneaking suspicion that Sony and Michael are going to do the same anniversary packages for all his other albums?

I think that if this was to happen, it would definitely signal the end of MJ for me.

Since 2003, there has been re-release after re-released of albums and singles.

Michael's recent 'catalogue' can only be compared to someone like Elvis. He's a dead megastar whose record label churns out re-release after re-release.

The difference is that Michael is still alive and needs to either announce retirement or do something.

Hopefully that 'something' won't be Off The Wall 30 or anything like that.
Okay, here's the thing:

Sony is a record label. Most of these compilations and re-releases are for casual listeners.

Although I despise them, they serve a purpose. There was a lot of damage to Michael's reputation from 2001 to 2005 and only now that the repair is beginning.

And Sony is doing anniversary albums for only Thriller and OTW because those are truly landmark albums.

You really have to understand the methods and practices of the music industry.

Back