MJ's a "businessman"?

Shamonee

Proud Member
What the hell... I was just reading up on his wiki and it said:

Michael Joseph Jackson (born August 29, 1958) is an American recording artist, entertainer, and businessman.

Since when was he a businessman? Surely it should be replaced by singer-songwriter? :/

He's both :)
To be succesfull you have to be a good businessman how do you think he came up with the largest contract deal in history (pepsi)

Since when was he a businessman? Surely it should be replaced by singer-songwriter? :/

oh yeah..right co-owning one of the biggest music publishing companies in the world..is not really business..

He is a very intelligent businessman and has the cream of the crop on his team...:punk:

yeah hes a biz man but how good depends on whether u listen to his QC in the bahrain case lol

The fact is that great businessmen never talk about their businesses that much. That's how it is with Michael, too. He wants to separate his businesses from his music career.

Also Neverland has actually nothing to do with his music career so I'm not wondering why he thinks he doesn't have to give any statement of it. He has hardly ever given any statements if it hasn't anything to do with the music.

there will prob be a satatement of some kind re nev when something actually happens with it.

The fact is that great businessmen never talk about their businesses that much. That's how it is with Michael, too. He wants to separate his businesses from his music career.

Also Neverland has actually nothing to do with his music career so I'm not wondering why he thinks he doesn't have to give any statement of it. He has hardly ever given any statements if it hasn't anything to do with the music.

i totally agree. i remember it being recorded that MJ once said that talking about these things is 'tacky'. that was his word he used. MJ has been noted to be better than steel when keeping his word. so...what he says about talking about business will never change. so..it's safe to say, that whatever we think about what's going on in his life is offbase from what's really happening. we're only guessing. all that matters that we know is, he's still going strong. also..people in the media tend to be envious of someone who is able to be so secretive, so the media tends to paint the worst case scenario for him cus people tend to hate secrets. and they're envious. people don't sue people this way and this often unless they're envious. and they have to have something they're envious of. and MJ has something they're envious of.

Last edited:

That is so true.... I'm glad they have the businessman on there. If you owned part of a music catalog that is worth billions, I say you are a bonafied businessman.... Go ahead Michael with your BAD self...:punk:

omg yeh hes obviously an amazing business man that explains why hes been living off other random sheiks charging 2 grand a ticket for fan parties whilst failing to pay off millions of dollars of debt, almost losing his ranch and being sued every other day.

omg yeh hes obviously an amazing business man that explains why hes been living off other random sheiks charging 2 grand a ticket for fan parties whilst failing to pay off millions of dollars of debt, almost losing his ranch and being sued every other day.

and that's why he's been around for a long time, and still going.:smilerolleyes:

Of course Michael is a businessman. There's no way for anyone to know the scope of all of his business deals, and what's involved, the worth, etc...it's not our business anyway. I'm sure there are people that think Michael's a terrible businessman because of lawsuits, etc., but you know, every businessman makes a bad decision at times....that doesn't make them a bad businessman though. Some things work, other things don't. Like I said...there's no way for any of us to know what all of Michael's business affairs are. There could be tons of them that we haven't or won't hear of. The only major ones we hear of are the beatles catalogue and his lawsuits, etc. It's best not to judge what you don't know...shouldn't judge anyway. Michael doesn't have to, and shouldn't, tell everyone or broadcast each and every business deal, etc. he has ever made. It's his life, his money, his career.

Of course Michael is a businessman. There's no way for anyone to know the scope of all of his business deals, and what's involved, the worth, etc...it's not our business anyway. I'm sure there are people that think Michael's a terrible businessman because of lawsuits, etc., but you know, every businessman makes a bad decision at times....that doesn't make them a bad businessman though. Some things work, other things don't. Like I said...there's no way for any of us to know what all of Michael's business affairs are. There could be tons of them that we haven't or won't hear of. The only major ones we hear of are the beatles catalogue and his lawsuits, etc. It's best not to judge what you don't know...shouldn't judge anyway. Michael doesn't have to, and shouldn't, tell everyone or broadcast each and every business deal, etc. he has ever made. It's his life, his money, his career.
yep. that's why there are rules on this site to govern that.

no thats because hes a good entertainer. my mums been around a long time and is still going that doesnt make her a good businesswoman

no thats because hes a good entertainer. my mums been around a long time and is still going that doesnt make her a good businesswoman

we're talking about being around a long time IN the business.
a lot of good entertainers are no longer in the business, because they don't have the smarts to remain.

Last edited:

You are kidding, right? Technically, every recording artist is an independent contractor. Any artist who starts or owns a production company, publishing company or incorporates their name in order to profit off of it is in business.

It's not called 'music business' for nothing.

He a good businessman with stocks on musical publishings, he was great with some deals he made with companies to promote their products and such.

Other than that, he hasn't had any other successful business ventures, really.

l've just post french MJJ forum that Michael is a businessman for me it's not something new l always see him as a businessman and when he sold Neverland he has his reason for that maybe he wants to make something better for his children more interissting than Neverland.

He's an amazing businessman. He knows how to make the biggest deals ever and manipulate things and come out on top with just about everything. He's got smarts. I think he learned this from Joseph and from Barry Gordy, and applied it to how he does things. Best part is, he's so quiet about it. Someone above said he thinks talking about those things is tacky. So, okay. That makes sense, especially whenever he makes business deals that turn out to be a flop (like LA Gear, and whatever clothing line he tried to put out). If the public doesn't know about them hardly anyway, they go away quietly with no fuss.

If Michael's not a good business man then how the heck did he end up owning 50% of Sony music publishing?

He's very smart. Most business men have an area of expertise. Donald Trump, for example, is in hotels and resorts, etc... Bill Gates is in computer software. Michael is in music. He's a good business man. And any successful business man will tell you that there are a few good business ventures and many failed ones along the way.

yeah...i saw some info posted either in here or somewhere else that was frankly, none of our business, whether or not it was true. lol..maybe it was rightly deleted. i won't say what it was.

Lol thanks for the replies guys.

And yes, this was a serious question.

I didn't know anything about it and haven't really been a fan for very long, soo..

Back