Hello

workingdayandnight

Proud Member
New member and lapsed MJ fan here.I was a HUGE fan in the 80's,but sort of drifted away from it after Bad,but I heard the new track with Akon and it showed he still has"The Voice".
Although I still blast out Off The Wall and Thriller every now and again,I don't really know much of his more recent stuff,bar the chart hits.
So any recommendations from the more recent stuff?

Dangerous - Best album ever
Specific songs: Jam, In The Closet, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, Dangerous, Black Or White, Remember The Time
Just an overall spectacular and amazing album.

HIStory is a great album. More of an angry Michael. Scream, They Don't Care About Us, This Time Around Stranger In Moscow, and 2 Bad are amazingly great songs.

Invincible (most recent album) is a masterpiece as well. I recommend Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, Whatever Happens, and Threatened.

One More Chance from the Number Ones hits collection is pretty good. The Girl Is Mine 2008, PYT 2008, Wanna Be Startin Something 2008, For All Time, and Got The Hots from Thriller 25 (25th anniversary edition released in February) are great. For All Time is a really beautiful song.

Since you seem to like to oldies (me love some OTW too :D ) I'd recommed Invincible, especially the ballads: Butteflies, heaven can wait, don't walk away, whatever happens...
Also my personal favorite is Dangerous, it has everything in perfect mix.

Welcome back :)

Dangerous - Best album ever
Specific songs: Jam, In The Closet, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, Dangerous, Black Or White, Remember The Time
Just an overall spectacular and amazing album.

HIStory is a great album. More of an angry Michael. Scream, They Don't Care About Us, This Time Around Stranger In Moscow, and 2 Bad are amazingly great songs.

Invincible (most recent album) is a masterpiece as well. I recommend Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, Whatever Happens, and Threatened.

One More Chance from the Number Ones hits collection is pretty good. The Girl Is Mine 2008, PYT 2008, Wanna Be Startin Something 2008, For All Time, and Got The Hots from Thriller 25 (25th anniversary edition released in February) are great. For All Time is a really beautiful song.
That's plenty to be googling! I'm not really feeling the angry Michael stage,I prefer the funky/soulful Michael tbh.
Since you seem to like to oldies (me love some OTW too :D ) I'd recommed Invincible, especially the ballads: Butteflies, heaven can wait, don't walk away, whatever happens...
Also my personal favorite is Dangerous, it has everything in perfect mix.

Welcome back :)
I've recently been 'rediscovering' a lot of J5 tunes that I'd forgot about like the Destiny album (technically The Jacksons I know) and I'd forgot how good they were.Also,as much as I love Thriller,it doesn't come close to the genius of Off The Wall,in my humble opinion of course:D

What is the song with the lyrics something like "Hold me,like you were my brother....you were my friend"?

What is the song with the lyrics something like "Hold me,like you were my brother....you were my friend"?

I believe you are talking about "Will You Be There" from the Dangerous album (also was on the Free Willy soundtrack). I would also recommend Butterflies from the Invincible album as well. :)

I believe you are talking about "Will You Be There" from the Dangerous album (also was on the Free Willy soundtrack). I would also recommend Butterflies from the Invincible album as well. :)

Thanks.

I've heard Butterflies,well a remix with an Eve rap on it anyway.The closest I've heard to 'old skool' Mike in years:)

The nice thing about Michael is that he doesn't have that many albums so if you lapse in your fandom, it's easy to catch up. After "Bad", there's only four albums, really, to get. "Dangerous", "History", "Blood On The Dance Floor" and "Invincible". They're all brilliant pieces of work. "BOTDF" is a remix album but it's first five tracks were original material and some of Michael's best and most innovative work. I would recommend you check out all of it, because whether it's your prefered taste or not, it's all the highest quality in modern music available. "History" in particular has some amazing work on it, and is Michael's most personal album. If I were you I'd get em' all. "Invinicible" would be good for you to start with as that's majority wise filled with R&B ballads. But get em all, I would say. It's only four albums. The work will grow on you in time I think.

The nice thing about Michael is that he doesn't have that many albums so if you lapse in your fandom, it's easy to catch up. After "Bad", there's only four albums, really, to get. "Dangerous", "History", "Blood On The Dance Floor" and "Invincible". They're all brilliant pieces of work. "BOTDF" is a remix album but it's first five tracks were original material and some of Michael's best and most innovative work. I would recommend you check out all of it, because whether it's your prefered taste or not, it's all the highest quality in modern music available. "History" in particular has some amazing work on it, and is Michael's most personal album. If I were you I'd get em' all. "Invinicible" would be good for you to start with as that's majority wise filled with R&B ballads. But get em all, I would say. It's only four albums. The work will grow on you in time I think.

Cool.I've brought up the complete discography,so what is this then? rarities or unreleased stuff?
I've never heard of it.

2s0ecfk.jpg

Apart from the tune from the wizz:D

.Also,as much as I love Thriller,it doesn't come close to the genius of Off The Wall,in my humble opinion of course:D
I agree.

Even though Invincible is not my favorite MJ album I do consider it as the Thriller of the 21st century.
Oh yeah and I too recommend For All Time. It was supposed to be on the Dangerous album, wasn't it?
You gotta listen the album version of Butteflies. And Break of dawn :wub:

Keep the faith from Dangerous!!!!

Have you heard Scared of the moon? I think you should look for it. A released rarity. There was the box set (2004) with 4 CD's and a DVD (the Bucharest concert). Maybe if you want you should get just that box. It has all the oldies but also the best of the new stuff.

Last edited:
Cool.I've brought up the complete discography,so what is this then? rarities or unreleased stuff?
I've never heard of it.

2s0ecfk.jpg

Apart from the tune from the wizz:D

I had that same torrent. If I remember right, it's unreleased songs, demos, and songs from other artists featuring Michael Jackson.

Oh and uTorrent is awesome ^_^

No, those I listed are his four main solo albums after "Off The Wall", "Thriller" and "Bad. Only three of which have completely new material from beginning to end. "History" is my favorite album of Michael's, and I wouldn't classify it as an "angry" album because I feel that's a misrepresentation of what it is and what it has to offer. It's got some heavy, emotional work on it. The songs in the list you just posted, the first three are two songs from his solo albums as a Motown artist, when he was in his teens, and the first song on that list is a song by Brandy, produced by Rodney Jerkins and just featuring background vocals from Michael. The next two songs, "Beautiful Girl" and "Cheater" are both from "Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection", which is a 5 disc box set released in 2004 and which included several unreleased songs and demos from Michael. All of which were really worth the buy and excellent work. "Dapper Dan" is another solo Motown song. "Ease On Down The Road" is from "The Wiz", from 1978 and can also be found on the "Ultimate Collection" set. So can "Fall Again", and that's a great song, though it's a demo. "For All TIme" was released this year on the "Thriller 25" release, but the song itself was actually recorded sometime in the early 90s, probably for "Dangerous".

"The Ultimate Collection" is a great buy, and you could get that to start with instead of buying the other four solo albums since "Bad". Though I would start with buying the solo albums myself. But I'm hard core, lol. So whatever's most financially convinent for you.

I'm getting bombarded with song titles, album titles and box sets here lol
I think I'll have to bookmark this thread and revisit it a few times.I'll never remember all that!

lol, sorry. Just remember these three albums: "Dangerous", "History" and "Invincible". If you're in to that, you can check out the other stuff mentioned I think.

New member and lapsed MJ fan here.I was a HUGE fan in the 80's,but sort of drifted away from it after Bad,but I heard the new track with Akon and it showed he still has"The Voice".
Although I still blast out Off The Wall and Thriller every now and again,I don't really know much of his more recent stuff,bar the chart hits.

yep..that happens. lol..welcome. the Invincible album is a great album.

Welcome back.

I would recommend you to actually buy the albums instead of downloading them!

Invincible is a true masterpiece, if you like OTW you'll propably like that one.

There's really no problem with downloading them if he plans on buying them eventually. He doesn't even know if he likes them or not.

Not like Michael really needs that 10 dollars anyways. He's gonna be making millions on these auctions.

G'day and welcome to MJJC :wild:

I'm going to move this thread to General Discussion v3 as this section of the board is reserved for Discussion Michael Jackson General News and affairs :)

Please enjoy your stay we're all a lot of fun and there is definately something for everyone on here :flowers:

he still has"The Voice".

Although I still blast out Off The Wall and Thriller every now and again,I don't really know much of his more recent stuff,
You got that right! Lol! The voice is still awesome. :)

That's plenty to be googling! I'm not really feeling the angry Michael stage,I prefer the funky/soulful Michael tbh.

I've recently been 'rediscovering' a lot of J5 tunes that I'd forgot about like the Destiny album (technically The Jacksons I know) and I'd forgot how good they were.Also,as much as I love Thriller,it doesn't come close to the genius of Off The Wall,in my humble opinion of course:D

Aaah! a poster after my own heart! ^_^

If it's his more soulful stuff that you like, then you cant go wrong with any of the Jackson/J5 recordings.
Since you're re-discovering, I suggest you get aaaaLll of the songs and ENJOY! Lol!
It's always so hard for me to name a fave or best song/album. I enjoy them all.
But here's a few anywayz....

From 1978's DESTINY album...PUSH ME AWAY. DESTINY, BLESS HIS SOUL and
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET (for being polite).

From 1980's TRIUMPH album....YOUR WAYS (for a taste of MJ's falsetto or high C)
EVERYBODY, THIS PLACE HOTEL (this song is off the chain) TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

GOOD TIMES, BLUES AWAY, SHOW YOU THE WAY TO GO, DREAMER & STYLE OF LIFE
from The Jackson's 1976 self-titled album.

And numbers 1 thru 9 on the 1977 GOIN' PLACES album. Hahaha!

I'll tellya, they're all worth your time. :D

Sorry. I got a lil carried away. :blush:

Welcome Back....
Personally I think the best way to get up to speed with Mr.Jackson musically, and theatrically check out the officially released films...

"MICHAEL JACKSON LIVE IN BUCHAREST: THE DANGEROUS TOUR

"MICHAEL JACKSON HISTORY ON FILM Volume II"

That should at least get you started...

Welcome! :)

I also was a fan of Michael in the 80s, although I was only a kid. I didn't become a real hardcore fan of Michael's until "Invincible" came out when I was in high school.

I suggest you go to the iTunes music store and listen to whatever.

Back