Craig David

King

Proud Member
I thought I'd start a thread about the British R&B singer - Craig David.

I think for someone who is so under-rated he's had an incredible career so far.
He's sold over 13 million records and has just released a Greatest Hits.

His first album 'Born To Do It' sold 7 million copies and I think that's an incredible achievement.
Album number two sold 3.5 million albums, a slight dip from the debut but still quite an achievement.
The Story Goes... and Trust Me (his last two albums) have both sold around 1.5 - 2 million albums each.

As his Greatest Hits is in the shops worldwide (minus America) what do you all think of his music?
Does he have a good enough catalogue to grant a best of collection?
What's your favourite song of Craig's?
What do you expect from this man in the future?

If some of you are un-aware of who he is go to:

www.craigdavid.com
www.youtube.com/craigdavid
www.myspace.com/craigdavid

.King.

I have two of his album, Born to do it and Slicker than your average.
I like his music I think he can sing :D I don't have any specific favourites since I only listen to his music few times a year..... but he's ok.

Craig David was very overrated when he first started. He's now underrated because of the over estimation of his talent and music at the start of his career. His music is ok, I think like all UK urban and R&B music it's very flat. He does seem like a decent person and is a really good vocalist.

His songs are awesome; I especially like: Spanish, Rise & Fall, Unbelievable, Officially Yours, Hotstuff and 6 of 1 Thing and his new one; Insomnia(?) :D
He's a great artist; doing very well so far.

NOTE TO THE MODS: See, I am trying to change my behaviour on here :yes:

I have his Slicker Than Your Average CD which I think is a pretty good album from him. He definitely has the talent to continue making music and good vocals.

Craig David was very overrated when he first started. He's now underrated because of the over estimation of his talent and music at the start of his career. His music is ok, I think like all UK urban and R&B music it's very flat. He does seem like a decent person and is a really good vocalist.

I disagree, early on he was miles better than he his now. "7 days" and "fill me in" are his best songs.

his debut album was brilliant, sounded really fresh when it came out and deserved all the attention imo. the next one, Slicker... had also quality music on it. i have yet to check his more recent stuff, but i think that overall he’s rather underrated and not as popular as he should be.

I disagree, early on he was miles better than he his now. "7 days" and "fill me in" are his best songs.

You've misunderstood my post. I never said Craig David is better now than he was when he first started. I said I feel that Craig David being "overrated" when he first started, in that it backfired on him. In a way that now in 2008 Craig David is underrated in that many people will say he's a crap artist. I'm not comparing his past and present work. I think he was just an average artist that was over hyped, though he did have a good following in the early 2000's until Lee Frances Bo Selecta parody of Craaig David runined his career.

I love his first 3 albums, especially the story goes... great album.
I wish he would get more attention on the radio and stuff so people would know about his songs more.

new remake of Walking Away featuring German girl-group Monrose:

I love Craig's work. I still have Born To Do It in heavy rotation. My least favorite album is Slicker Than Your Average, but The Story Goes and Trust Me are way better.

i used to like criag david when he first come out but to me hes aggroant now

Back