How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters

iboz75

Proud Member
Also, What made you become a fan?, and why are you still a fan today?

Last edited:
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I've been a fan for a loooonnnnggtime. I grew up with listening to MJs music, since my mom is a fan. Oh yeah I'm 21 yrs. old.

Last edited:

im 22 now, been a fan since i was like 6 or so. first i was obsessed over his music and dancing and after a few years i became a hardcore fan and supporter of him as a person too.

I´m 27 now and I became a fan when I was just 6 years old - in the beginning of 1988. I´ve just listened to a Michael Jackson song in the radio. I asked: "Who the heck is that phenomenal singer????!!!"
That was the beginning of a big fanship. But I didn´t get a CD for a few years. My first MJ-CD was "Dangerous". Until today this is my favorite album.

Why I´m still a fan?? Because I think that MJ is one of the most talented and amazing popstars in the world. He really means what he sings. This is what I love about him.

im 16 although 17 in march! ive been a fan for 11 years :)

probably because of my mum's influence

I'm 33 (will be 34 in about 2 months) I bcame a fan after the airing of Motown 25 (I think I was actually a fan before then, but that performance sealed the deal). I remain a fan because I stll believe in him, and I love and respect him greatly

30 - I have been a fan since I spun BAD on my record player which I stole from my sister! The melodies were infectious - this was shortly followed by a search in my local library for other albums by Michael Jackson where I found Dangerous. I was hooked on "Why You Wanna Trip On Me." The first album I bought on release was HIStory and to date is still my favourite album (DISC 2!).

I'm 70. I knew Michael "existed" LOL----but during the 70's/80's, I was raising my family.
In the Dangerous era---I listened to that album via a 13 year old grand--daughter.
I also read Moonwalk around that time---and didn't believe Michael was guilty of any molestation charges, even the first time,
Then in 1996, History Tour came to Brisbane Queensland---and I went to see Michael, at 58 years old-----and he changed my life-----I have learnt so much from Mr Michael Jackson----and here I still am.
Dawn

I'm 30. It really depends on your definition of FAN. I have admired Michael's music for as long as I can remember, but I don't think I really started paying more attention to it till early 90's. My admiration has simply grown over the years, going beyond just his music in recent times and truly appreciating who he is as a person. I would not consider myself a screaming, running, fainting, dying fan. More a person who has a quiet, deep appreciation and respect for who he is and what he does.

ive been a fan for 18 long years

i'm 18 and i've been a fan since 1999 :wild:

I'm 31 and I've been a fan since I was in the womb. True story, my mom was 21 when she had me and was at a neighbors card party (1977, back then that's what they did,lol) and they were playing "Show You the Way to Go" by the Jacksons and from what my mom's best friend said, my mom was "trying to dance:dancin: while 9months preggers" and low and behold I wanted to dance too but not in her belly so she went into labor. 8:32pm on Oct. 18th I was born:baby:.. So that is why I tell people that I have been a fan since I was in the womb.. To this day I tell my parents the 2 best bday presents they ever gave me was tickets to the Victory Tour(I went a month before my 7th bday in Philly) and the Bad Tour(the day after my 11th bday in D.C.). So my parents don't even bother to say anything about the fact I am 31 and still have MJ posters,my doll that's still in the box, and other stuff, and how I am "patiently":timer: waiting for him to return to the music scene.

Im 35 and ive been a fan for 26 years on new years day.

Even before i knew who MJ were i vent cracy over his music and my father told
me i used to have " can you feel it " on video that i watchet all the time and i cried
when he erased the tape.

I used to watch Thriller when I was 4 but I never knew who Michael was all I remember was that I loooooooooooooooved it and I played it over and over though my mom always thought I'd get scared!! lol I never did!

then I was 10 one of my relatives brought Dangerous world tour in Bucharest....
IT BLEW MY MIND........................
You get the rest baby!!

I'm 21 and I don't remember ever not being a fan. Even my parents told me that I always liked Michael even when I was really young. I remember being like 4 years old and knowing every word to "Rock With You". I've just always loved him.

I'm 31 and I've been a fan since I was in the womb. True story, my mom was 21 when she had me and was at a neighbors card party (1977, back then that's what they did,lol) and they were playing "Show You the Way to Go" by the Jacksons and from what my mom's best friend said, my mom was "trying to dance:dancin: while 9months preggers" and low and behold I wanted to dance too but not in her belly so she went into labor. 8:32pm on Oct. 18th I was born:baby:.. So that is why I tell people that I have been a fan since I was in the womb.. To this day I tell my parents the 2 best bday presents they ever gave me was tickets to the Victory Tour(I went a month before my 7th bday in Philly) and the Bad Tour(the day after my 11th bday in D.C.). So my parents don't even bother to say anything about the fact I am 31 and still have MJ posters,my doll that's still in the box, and other stuff, and how I am "patiently":timer: waiting for him to return to the music scene.

OMG, I had to comment on your post, I am 32 years old and I also went to the Victory concert in Philly, I was eight, and I went to see the Bad concert in D.C (at the capital center) when I was 12!! Small world huh?:D

. I would not consider myself a screaming, running, fainting, dying fan. More a person who has a quiet, deep appreciation and respect for who he is and what he does.

nice post , yep thats me too .
im 31 going on 13 ~
been a fan since nov 14th 1991 @7 30 pm

OMG, I had to comment on your post, I am 32 years old and I also went to the Victory concert in Philly, I was eight, and I went to see the Bad concert in D.C (at the capital center) when I was 12!! Small world huh?:D
SHUT UP!!! :wild::wild: this world is just to damn small.. The first show in Philly got rained out so they did a make up show at the end of September (28th I believe), I know it's sad I remember that..My mom always said that if my memory worked that good during chemistry class as it did remembering MJ's music then I would be a doctor by now..I had 4th row floor seats at the Philly concert, and 2nd row seat at the DC concert..

Im 23
Ive been a fan of his music since I was 8 or so coz mum used to play his and the jacksons music all the time coz she was a fan since the 70's...I was never a 'hardcore' fan back then though...I hardly knew anything about him except for his music and what I had heard about him from the tabloids (which I never believed much anyway)

I didn't become a fan of michael as a person until about 2005 around the time of his trial when the media were doing alot of coverage on him...i decided to do little research on him to find out more about him to see if he was really capable of the things the world was accusing him of...obviously i found out the truth and realised michael was a most humble, caring and generous human being...

around the same time I really got into youtube and through the vast mj family found out more and more about his past and his music and have been a huge fan ever since!!

I'm 70. I knew Michael "existed" LOL----but during the 70's/80's, I was raising my family.
In the Dangerous era---I listened to that album via a 13 year old grand--daughter.
I also read Moonwalk around that time---and didn't believe Michael was guilty of any molestation charges, even the first time,
Then in 1996, History Tour came to Brisbane Queensland---and I went to see Michael, at 58 years old-----and he changed my life-----I have learnt so much from Mr Michael Jackson----and here I still am.
Dawn

thai's really interesting

I have admired Michael's music for as long as I can remember, but I don't think I really started paying more attention to it till early 90's. My admiration has simply grown over the years, going beyond just his music in recent times and truly appreciating who he is as a person. I would not consider myself a screaming, running, fainting, dying fan. More a person who has a quiet, deep appreciation and respect for who he is and what he does.

Exactly! me too

SHUT UP!!! :wild::wild: this world is just to damn small.. The first show in Philly got rained out so they did a make up show at the end of September (28th I believe), I know it's sad I remember that..My mom always said that if my memory worked that good during chemistry class as it did remembering MJ's music then I would be a doctor by now..I had 4th row floor seats at the Philly concert, and 2nd row seat at the DC concert..

I swear!! I also remember that the concert in Philly was rained out, we had tickets for the second show, and I remember being glad that ours wasn't rained out, cause we were traveling and staying in a hotel. Our seats in Philly were horrible, we were all the way in the back of the stadium with binoculars!!! I didn't care though, I was so excited. I went to two Bad concerts at the Capital center on Oct. 13th and Oct. 17th, and then we drove up another night just to watch him leave, lol. We did get to see him too, so it was worth it! I still have some of my stuff from my MJ collection as well, and so does my Mom :D

I'm 35 and I've been a fan since...hum...I was 7,8 years old!:)

I'm 18 years old and I've been a fan since 2004 :)

I'm 15, and I liked Michael when I was like five and my mom made us watch her HIStory DVDs, but I don't know what happened, but I didn't really listen to his music or anything until sometime last year when I was 14 and I kind of "rediscovered" Michael and I guess this time I was able to see just how AMAZING he is.
I guess it was because when I was little, I just kind of relied on my mom to have me watch the videos, etc. and after awhile, she didn't show them anymore. And last year I was able to "pursue my interests" (haha) and have access to Michael whenever I want, lol.
But yeah. I've been a real fan since.. I don't remember when my rediscovery happened. Almost a year, at least.

Im 17. I have been a fan for about 4 years :)

I first became a fan when my mum bought me the number ones dvd for Christmas 2003. I was like....I wonder why she has bought me this, it wasnt till September in 2004 that I actually tried to watch the DVD...so it was 9 months later.

Im glad I did watch it because it changed my life. I was absolutely amazed, I watched it one day after school which turned into everyday after school, which turned into listening to the songs, which turned into searching his videos on youtube, and learning to dance like him etc etc.

Then June 13th 2005 was my birthday and I knew that I was meant to be a Michael Jackson fan ;P

Its funny, one of my earliest memories is watching the Earth Song video on TV :) It was 1995 so I must have just turned 4.

Back