Why 2 different versions of the video from Who is it?

wasnt it because the song was released early in the usa because of mj beatboxing on oprah so they had to rush a video. the proper video was done for the rest of the world release later

wasnt it because the song was released early in the usa because of mj beatboxing on oprah so they had to rush a video. the proper video was done for the rest of the world release later
That's what I always thought also.

Also the full production video of "Who is it" is not displayed on Michaels youtube_ only the edited clip version _ so there has to be a reason.

I think that it was only released in the UK. Is that right ??

from Wikipedia
In the United States, the music video was never aired on MTV or VH-1. Instead, the video was replaced with montage footage of various music videos by Jackson, as well as live performances during the Bad tour and Motown 25.

Also the full production video of "Who is it" is not displayed on Michaels youtube_ only the edited clip version _ so there has to be a reason.

I think that it was only released in the UK. Is that right ??
We got it in the USA on the Dangerous DVD, but I don't think the video channels ever played it.

I always laugh when I watch WII cuz I know that most of that isnt MJ but the impersonator.

This song was first released after the 1st allegations and didnt get much attention.

Last edited:
Most of Who Is It is Michael, some short sequences were shot with E'Casanova... so basically it's Michael singing in the video, just some back shots of E'Cas in the end of the music vid.

This video is not available in your country - the US version! :(

It was a hit in England in July 1992. That was before the allegations.

I always laugh when I watch WII cuz I know that most of that isnt MJ but the impersonator.

This song was first released after the 1st allegations and didnt get much attention.

Back