Richard Marx

I'm just starting to get into his music. So far, I have "Paid Vacation", and one of the two albums he released this year, "Sundown". Both are absolutely fantastic, great songwriting hooks and fantastic singing. I used to own "Repeat Offender", too; I loved that album. :)

Anyway, are there any other fans of Richard Marx on here? The kind of music he writes reminds me a little of MJ.

I'm a Fan!!!!!......Repeat Offender was a great album..my favourite album by him is Rush Street though...many many great tracks on that one!

I didn't know he still made records, lol. The last music I heard from him was about 1991. I know he wrote something on Luther Vandross' last album, but that's it. "Don't Mean Nothing" doesn't remind me of MJ, lol.

I didn't know he still made records, lol. The last music I heard from him was about 1991. I know he wrote something on Luther Vandross' last album, but that's it. "Don't Mean Nothing" doesn't remind me of MJ, lol.

Yes, he recorded two studio albums, and they both came out late this year. They're self released from his official website; you can only order or download them from there.

Last edited:
Here's his discography, for those that don't know much about what he's done in recent years:

1. Richard Marx (1987)
2. Repeat Offender (1989)
3. Rush Street (1991)
4. Paid Vacation (1994)
5. Flesh and Bone (1997)
6. Days In Avalon (2000)
7. My Own Best Enemy (2004)
8. Emotional Remains (2008)
9. Sundown (2008)

Also, he's released an album called "Duo" with the lead singer/songwriter from Vertical Horizon. I haven't heard it yet, but I've heard snippets and it sounds good.

Great!!!I was about to make a thread about him..Im a big fan of him since 90's..but honestly I didnt know if he is still making new records..Its really great to know that he is still active musically..Is there no way for us to get his new cds on ebay or in record stores???I love so many tracks from him,my fav Richard Marx songs will be Fool's Game,Right Here Waiting,Now and Forever,Hazard,Angel's Lullabay,Endless Summer Nights,Take This Heart and there are few more..List is big..lol

Great!!!I was about to make a thread about him..Im a big fan of him since 90's..but honestly I didnt know if he is still making new records..Its really great to know that he is still active musically..Is there no way for us to get his new cds on ebay or in record stores???I love so many tracks from him,my fav Richard Marx songs will be Fool's Game,Right Here Waiting,Now and Forever,Hazard,Angel's Lullabay,Endless Summer Nights,Take This Heart and there are few more..List is big..lol

No, but both albums are available to buy/download now (in 256 kbps, so CD quality) from Richard Marx's official store, and you can purchase Emotional Remains in cd form from his website, too. Sundown is going to have a wider release (should be in stores), and will come out to purchase as a cd in Feburary or March 2009.

Right now, though, neither of the albums are available anywhere except Richard Marx's official website. Sorry. :(

www.richardmarx.com

No, but both albums are available to buy/download now (in 256 kbps, so CD quality) from Richard Marx's official store, and you can purchase Emotional Remains in cd form from his website, too. Sundown is going to have a wider release (should be in stores), and will come out to purchase as a cd in Feburary or March 2009.

Right now, though, neither of the albums are available anywhere except Richard Marx's official website. Sorry. :(

www.richardmarx.com

Thanks for info..I checked his website..but that cd is really very expensive,i mean 11.99$ for cd but 24$ for shipping which is too much money to ask for shipping..Its just a cd and maximum shipping shud be like 5-10$$..Cuz paying 36$ for just one CD is really impossible for me:(..Maybe I can wait so that I can find some good deal on ebay:yes:

Thanks for info..I checked his website..but that cd is really very expensive,i mean 11.99$ for cd but $24 for shipping which is too much money to ask for shipping..Its just a cd and maximum shipping shud be like 5-10$$..Cuz paying 36$ for just one CD is really impossible for me:(..Maybe I can wait so that I can find some good deal on ebay:yes:
You must not be in the USA, because shipping isn't that much for a CD, not even for overnight. Now if you're overseas, then it will cost around there, because it's an import and air or boat frieght comes into the price.

You must not be in the USA, because shipping isn't that much for a CD, not even for overnight. Now if you're overseas, then it will cost around there, because it's an import and air or boat frieght comes into the price.

Ya im not in USA but still 24$ for shipping really very much to ask no matter in which part of the world I am..:(

I'm really loving Richard's music lately. I have 7 of the 9 studio albums so far, and I just ordered Flesh & Bone from Amazon. It's really sad that his career just fell off, he is such a talented songwriter and singer.

I first heard Richard's music about 4 yrs ago, the first one being "Until I Find You Again" second being "Right Here Waiting" & finally "At The Beginning" with Donna Lewis!!
However, I just got into his AMAZING music even more, especially with some of his songs that I hadn't really heard about a month ago in September & I honestly didn't realize how incredibly GORGEOUSLY Handsome he still is to this day at age 50!! He's aged so well....
I can't believe I fell head over heels for him, sorry but I can't help myself...I listen to his music alot on my Ipod, since I mostly burned some of his songs, but I'm definetly going to plan on getting some of his albums!!
He's still pretty active...he even keeps in touch with his fans on his Facebook page which is https://www.facebook.com/richardmarxmusic

Plus, this is his YouTube page as well, which he uploads videos of himself or vlogs more like it, and/or his what you would call "Ask Richard" where he would answer questions from fans, he uploads alot of great videos of himself
www.youtube.com/OfficialRichardMarx

And here's his official Twitter as well too if you wish to check it out
http://twitter.com/RichardMarx

And he still does shows(as what he calls them, instead of tours)from time to time too...so he still has it NAILED!

Some of my personal fave songs by him are:

Right Here Waiting
Until I Find You Again
Hazard
Should've Known Better
Ready To Fly
Wait For The Sunrise
Endless Summer Nights
At The Beginning(with Donna Lewis)
Suddenly(with Toni Braxton)...etc.

So I'm pretty much(besides being an MJ fan)now I'm a RICHARD MARX FAN 4LIFE! ?

Last edited:
And oh yeah, here are a few of my Richard Marx videos that I've made & I have to admit, they weren't exactly that easy to make, but I did the very best I could & am currently working on my 4th RM video
Hope you enjoy them :)

Drop The Mic: Kenny G vs Richard Marx

This is from the rap battle show Drop The Mic hosted by Method Man, where celebs do raps dissing each other

Back