Tupac Shakur Appreciation Thread

MAKAVELIDAKING

Proud Member
This thread is for pac. I'm a big fan of his music and movies. Plus i think he was great actor as well. Plus his poetry was timeless. I truely feel like he is 2 hip hop what mike is to pop music. Plus he is a global icon to.

Re: tupac shakur apprecition thread

I have 86 Instrumentals :)

i agree hes the michael jackson of rap music. i dont get why they have to put him on equal levels with biggie besides that fact they they were shot. i never looked too deep into Biggies career and why im even bringing him up! sorry..but i thought Tupac was extremely talented on his own and should stand on his own even in death and not mention them together all the time!

because his writing was AMAZING, and his acting wasnt bad either. i love his albums and movies. he was attractive and had great style other guys copied.

Hail Mary and Thug Passion are songs i never get sick of. he had the best beats.

Brenda got a baby, Wonda why they call you b*, Life goes on, Dear mama, Gotta keep ya head up
all had messages. unlike what modern rappers have to say thinking they are Tupac themselfs.

he was great but he got in too much trouble too.

Last edited:

marlyin why do think people compare 2pac and mike so much. plus pac had alot of unrelesed music why u guys think he recoreded so much . think any of this material would see da light of day

Even though I think Biggie was a more complex and darker rapper than Tupac, I think Tupac had the most lyrics that can "touch" you.

I'm glad we still have Jay-Z though, he's one of the few that has that "monstrosity" in his rap.

what do you mean by darker. pac raps were very dark inretrospect just listen to outlaw or 16 0n death row

Yes, Tupac's music wasn't really "happy" but I think there was this incredible darkness over much of Biggies stuff. (mainly because of his voice)
Like when you listen to "Suicidal Thoughts", that shit is like out of this world dark.
Just look at Biggies first album, who names their first album "Ready to die", hehe?!

Even an uptempo song like "Hypnotize" sounds like it is has this dark cloud over it.

What I mean't about Tupac is that he had joints like "Dear Mama" & "Baby Don't Cry" where people can relate to. (which is a good thing).
On the other hand Biggie had tunes like "Juicy".

In the end of the day, Tupac and Biggie are incomparable since they're so different, I dunno why I even brought Biggie up in this thread.

It's a hell 4 a hustler...

Even though I think Biggie was a more complex and darker rapper than Tupac, I think Tupac had the most lyrics that can "touch" you.

I'm glad we still have Jay-Z though, he's one of the few that has that "monstrosity" in his rap.

Making a movie about Biggie was a waste of time. Nothing interesting about him at all..His music isn't even played like Pac's is...nobody even cares about Biggies music, not even his so called friend Sean Combs keeps his memory alive. Because he only had interest when Biggie was making him some money....So I'll wait for a movie about Pac's life...lol @ bigges music being more complex, when majority of his music was about selling drugs on street corners...but since you live in Sweden i see why you think that way...:bugeyed

pac rhymes could have been very complex at times to just listen 2 if i die 2 nite or me and my girlfriend. by the way can any body break down to what 2pac was talking about in blasphmey on the makaveli album

i'm back sorry 4 the wait. but pac was very deep. the man has such a huge fanbase especially for a dead guy lmao. but pac is just amzingly talented.

^ greatest diss song ever

^ one of my favorite car jams

Making a movie about Biggie was a waste of time. Nothing interesting about him at all..His music isn't even played like Pac's is...nobody even cares about Biggies music, not even his so called friend Sean Combs keeps his memory alive. Because he only had interest when Biggie was making him some money....So I'll wait for a movie about Pac's life...lol @ bigges music being more complex, when majority of his music was about selling drugs on street corners...but since you live in Sweden i see why you think that way...:bugeyed

Oh please. Biggie is one of the greatest story-telling MCs ever and his rhymes were for a fact more complex. I know nowadays no one really gives a fuck about the technical aspect of it, but it used to actually matter. People who admire the "sport" of rapping appreciate Biggie's skill. The rawness in his voice is what created a darker undertone in most of his songs, and that's what the other poster was probably referring to. As for subject matter, he grew up in a poor neighborhood and really did sell drugs to make money, so what's wrong with incorporating that in his music? If you can listen to Juicy and Suicidal Thoughts and tell me he was just your typical gangsta rapper, though, then all right. I guess that's your stupid opinion.

I so disagree with this. Tupac and Biggie were THE BEST OF THE BEST. "Juicy" will forever remain one of my favorite rap songs ever. I just prefer Tupac because I feel he was/is more influential. But once again, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

i really don't believe anybody is the Michael Jackson of their genre...i think Mike stands alone. but..i do believe Tupac is equal with Biggie as the two most powerful forces in hip hop history....and i believe that is why people were jealous enough to off them.

Biggie is for the east coast what pac was for the west coast (although pac was from the east coast! :p). Yes pac sold a lot more records that Biggie but pac had more to him. I'll admit this now but Biggie was a better "rapper" than pac. His flow in his rhymes were just almost flawless. Juicy is the prime example of how good he was with his flow. But that his only strong point.

Love him.... Him and MJ make up the majority of the music I listen to. I wished that they put out a track together

I was up late last nite listing to Pac. Just took me back to my teens, when i used to kick it back listen to Pac all nite. I wasn't much a fan of biggie smalls back then. Pac and Biggie
where and still untouchable right up to today. Even though the rap scene was tough with too many good rappers during the 90s on both sides of america.

Love him.... Him and MJ make up the majority of the music I listen to. I wished that they put out a track together

Same here! Shame being pac & MJ fans that Michael has 2 songs with Biggie :p

I've searched all over for any references 2pac makes of Michael and the only one I can find is a studio interview where he's ranting about people having too many houses etc. This was during the Thug Life era.

Same here! Shame being pac & MJ fans that Michael has 2 songs with Biggie :p

I've searched all over for any references 2pac makes of Michael and the only one I can find is a studio interview where he's ranting about people having too many houses etc. This was during the Thug Life era.

lol yeah I did the same, all I found was that interview. MJ was mentioned in some of his songs though, and of course Letter 2 My Unborn Child sampled Liberian Girl

Re: Tupac Shakur apprecition thread

I thank you so much for this thread. Godbless you.

I do agree somewhat that he was the "Michael Jackson of Rap" because Tupac was really just trying to change the world & make things better. And when you listen to his lyrics, it really says that. 2 pac studied religion, buddism, spirituality... hes a saint, a profett. (spelling)

I was watching something today that I tivo'd last night on an extra channel and its very heartbreaking. He really was someone that was trying to change teh world and make it better. Change politics..etc. Some of his ashes were scattered in the ocean. I didn't know he was cremated.

I want to make it clear not to judge Tupac off his "dark" stuff - the stuff he wrote about was real life. His mother being in the Black Panthers, politics, I think he even had to sell drugs off the streets at some point to help his mother out. Please don't make any judgements. When you get to know the real Tupac Shakur you will def. have a deep appreciation for all that he has been through- being shot once before and lived, being accused of rape..etc. I am not going to go into detail about it all but it makes me sad because I took him for just another "gangsta rapper" and didn't think too much of him.

BTW what are some good biography books on him??? I'm looking at amazon but I don't know whats 100% accurate.

Godbless you for making this thread.

p.s. heres A FAVE song of mine hope you like it as well....

Last edited:

@ tupac legacy is really good book to read on pac

lol yeah I did the same, all I found was that interview. MJ was mentioned in some of his songs though, and of course Letter 2 My Unborn Child sampled Liberian Girl

Damn. I'm running loads of songs through my head and can't remember which songs :mello: Letter 2 My Unborn is a great track. I'm trying to look for the OG version but can't find it yet.

I thank you so much for this thread. Godbless you.

I do agree somewhat that he was the "Michael Jackson of Rap" because Tupac was really just trying to change the world & make things better. And when you listen to his lyrics, it really says that. 2 pac studied religion, buddism, spirituality... hes a saint, a profett. (spelling)

I was watching something today that I tivo'd last night on an extra channel and its very heartbreaking. He really was someone that was trying to change teh world and make it better. Change politics..etc. Some of his ashes were scattered in the ocean. I didn't know he was cremated.

I want to make it clear not to judge Tupac off his "dark" stuff - the stuff he wrote about was real life. His mother being in the Black Panthers, politics, I think he even had to sell drugs off the streets at some point to help his mother out. Please don't make any judgements. When you get to know the real Tupac Shakur you will def. have a deep appreciation for all that he has been through- being shot once before and lived, being accused of rape..etc. I am not going to go into detail about it all but it makes me sad because I took him for just another "gangsta rapper" and didn't think too much of him.

BTW what are some good biography books on him??? I'm looking at amazon but I don't know whats 100% accurate.

Godbless you for making this thread.

p.s. heres A FAVE song of mine hope you like it as well....

We gotta talk a hella lot more cos it sounds like you appreciate pac as much as I do! :D Over the years I've watched almost every documentary (including KRS-One's shoddy attempted one!), every interview possible (Yo! MTV raps lol) and feel him for what he truly was. My favourite interview is the one he did with Vibe magazine (I think its in 4 or 5 parts on youtube).

@ tupac legacy is really good book to read on pac

The Rose That Grew From Concrete is definitely a must read too! It contains a lot of his peotry from his teen years. I love the album based on that book :)

If anybody here is looking for a great 2Pac site then visit "www.notorious-makaveli.com". Many new songs have leaked recently. Check 'em out!

:ninja:

I just had to stir things up a bit, and ask this very old and classic question in here out of sheer, genuine curiousity. Is there anybody who believes Tupac is alive? Why do you believe this?

Okay, I'm done kthanxbai.

*runs and hides*

:ninja:

I just had to stir things up a bit, and ask this very old and classic question in here out of sheer, genuine curiousity. Is there anybody who believes Tupac is alive? Why do you believe this?

Okay, I'm done kthanxbai.

*runs and hides*

*Seek, Kill, Destroy!!* :p

No I don't believe it :(

There's been countless interviews with people who visited him in hospital during the week he was in there before he died (Snoop Dogg, Mopreme, Treach, Afeni, I think even Shock G & someone else from Digital Underground visited too) saying he was non responsive (snoop) & his brother Mopreme said he pac wanted to tell him something "...and he was shaking the whole bed. He was a soldier, you know. To the end." Shock G also detailed what they did at the private funeral and what they did with his ashes.

But also, and I can feel myself getting upset already by this, a certain photo exists of pac after a post mortem :( Extremely distressing picture which I'm convinced is real due to scarring, tattoos & surgical scars.

:angel:

I'm watching a documentary on BIGGIE & Tupac together & its very interesting. Theres allegations that the LAPD, or some officers, were not very cooperative in the investigation/s. One officer was even sleeping with Shug Knight's wife dyuring this time. Its very sad to know that the officers did not even care about two very talented people to follow up 100% their deaths. Very sad.

Is the guy /s, responsible for having the hit on both BIGGIE & Tupac, in jail??? Are both these cases still unsolved???

Last edited:

^^
The case(s) are still unsolved.
I still fail to understand how they can not catch the two murderers of the two most well know rappers of all time. i mean it happend it Los Angeles & Las Vegas, and not even a witness?!! damn..

Last edited:

^^
The case(s) are still unsolved.
I still fail to understand how they can not catch the two murderers of the two most well know rappers of all time. i mean it happend it Los Angeles & Las Vegas, and not even a witness?!! damn..

ya not neccessarily wout a 'witness' but someone knows he / she /they are just too scared to come forward. But were still waiting.... I'm just waiting to hear on the news, the suspect/s came forth with information...etc.

Back