Leon Ware talks on penning Mike's first solo hit

arXter

Proud Member
legend Leon Ware talks about the creative process of writing songs and mentions MJ & I Wanna Be Where You Are ..

@ 4:40

start_quote_rb.gif
I didn't think the song was a strong track -- It wasn't a song that I loved until I heard Michael's voice on it.
end_quote_rb.gif

Thanx a million arXter. Don't know how you do it but you're really good at finding interesting musical info.

That's a huge compliment right there. I hear songwriters who don't sing say they get thrilled when their song comes alive for the second time when singers record and give it another spin. I believe he was thanking lil Mike for recreating the song with his voice.

here's an example of Ware's soulful creative songwriting - one of his lately recorded songs (co-written actually, with Marcos Valle):

Rockin' You Eternally

the song features lead vocals by Leon Ware and Dwele
and appears on the latest Jazzanova's album Of All The Things.

Last edited:
here's an example of Ware's soulful creative songwriting - one of his lately recorded songs (co-written actually, with Marcos Valle):

Rockin' You Eternally
the song features lead vocals by Leon Ware and Dwele
and appears on the latest Jazzanova's album Of All The Things.
wow.. that is a great remake. i have his original 1982 album where he sang that solo. can't believe i missed this, you're a star.

That's a huge compliment right there. I hear songwriters who don't sing say they get thrilled when their song comes alive for the second time when singers record and give it another spin. I believe he was thanking lil Mike for recreating the song with his voice.
most definitely..

wow.. that is a great remake. i have his original 1982 album where he sang that solo. can't believe i missed this, you're a star.

haha, i thought it was an entirely new song..
so as a remake it exemplifies the idea of a song in a creative process even better :)
and yes, the track is absolutely fantastic.

I Wanna Be Where You Are (The Reflex Leon Ware Tribute Revision)

Back