MJ n' Gangsta

alexcat321

Proud Member
so... yah, I just recently heard that song with MJ Gangsta. I'd been always ignorin the song's existence but I got bored and I popped it on. Man o man was I beside myself. The song was good--- actually only Mj's part of course. He did an Excellent job in doing his thing they way he sung. I think someone here should make an edit of the song, making it a purely mj, cutting out the rap. I'd love that and so would everyone else! What're u guys thoughts about gangsta!?

I've always wondered who DJ Tempamental (or whatever his name is) was, still don't know, lol. I don't think the song would make any sense without the Pras rap. It would be like one of those smooth jazz remakes of a hit record with some girls singing just the title over and over. :p

the instrumentation (esp. live brass section and rhythm) is also very good. Tempamental seems to be a good producer-engineer. not so sure about his rapping.

Mike's layered background vocals are beautiful, can't deny that. an instrument by itself - it's all about the sound.

I think someone here should make an edit of the song, making it a purely mj, cutting out the rap. I'd love that and so would everyone else! What're u guys thoughts about gangsta!?
you can always count on fans messing with tracks the second new material leaks out..

there are already many 'edits', this is one of them:

http://www.mjmedia.musialek.boo.pl/dl.php?id=3976

Gangsta aka no friend of mine is a great track !!!!! i love it!!!!!

Oooh! I absolutely love the song. Love the back vocal and main vocal. The rap, I can take it or leave it.

One question, I heard 2 slightly different versions. One starting with "Refuge babe~" (so I knew this is Wyclef-produced or -associated) and the other DJ Tempremental shouting, the way many DJs do on mixtape songs. So, I thought maybe the song was one of Invincible album outtakes and DJ Tempremental used it for his own mixtape track. What's the truth???

The song itself is not great, but Michael's vocals are excellent. He layers his voice so well. Michael is really the only reason I listen to that song.

I have no clue, but he still sound awesome no matter what time it was recorded, the editted version with just him is the best version!!!

I really like it. I can't stand the first rap verse. The guy who does it just has an ugly voice, but Pras' rap is nice. He's got a nice, even tone. Michael's the only real thing that makes the song stand out though. His vocals on it are amazing. But it's a fun song either way.

yeah, I like it too. I think there's actually 2 or 3 versions of it.

Back