Miley Cyrus - She will be interesting to watch!

Minnie

Proud Member
A small disclaimer here... I'm 28 LOL I'm not a young pre-teen or nuttin LOL

But seriously, though. I sorta stumbled upon the Disney show Hannah Montana a few months ago (I'm behind... I know) and kinda did a bit of research on Miley Cyrus' music, and I have to say, this'll be interesting to watch!

She is soooooo young (16), but so talented. I just now listened to "The Climb" which is I guess a track from her upcoming movie, Hannah Montana - the movie, and she is really good!

I wish she would dress a bit more conservatory, and in some of her videos she moves and acts like she's 25, but then again, which teen doesn't if they can get away with it?

I know she's had quite the controversy connected to her name because of suggestive pictures and uhm... interesting wardrobe, but let's not forget she's 16... At 16 ALOT of young girls act like they're all grown up and ish... I just think she's VERY talented, very pretty, and I believe she can become a star in her own right and not just another Disney star...

What do you guys think?

By Jon Blistein May 11, 2017 Rolling Stone
[video=youtube;8j9zMok6two]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j9zMok6two[/video]
Miley Cyrus unveiled her spritely new pop-rock sound with "Malibu," the first offering from her as-yet-untitled LP, which is expected to arrive later this year.

The stripped-down song boasts a plucky guitar vamp and steady thumping drums that buoy Cyrus' simple vocals and lovestruck lyrics. "I never would've believed you if three years ago you told me," she sings. "I'd be here writing this song/ But here I am, next to you/ The sky's more blue in Malibu." Cyrus also shared a video for "Malibu," in which she performs the song and dances along the beach and other sunny locales.

Cyrus recorded her new album with producer/multi-instrumentalist Oren Yoel. In an extensive interview with Billboard, the musician discussed returning to her rock and country roots after her hip-hop heavy 2013 effort, Bangerz, and her 2015 psych romp with the Flaming Lips, Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz. Cyrus noted that the deliberate aesthetic shift was partly inspired by the current political climate – there are reportedly songs about Hillary Clinton and women in the workplace – but also a desire reach those outside her bubble.

"This record is a reflection of the fact that yes, I don't give a f---, but right now is not a time to not give a f--- about people," Cyrus said. "I'm *giving the world a hug and saying, 'Hey, look. We're good – I love you.' And I hope you can say you love me back."

Miley Cyrus, Mark Ronson, Sean Ono Lennon - Happy Xmas (War is Over)

If you ignore some of her past stage antics and focus on the music she is very talented. I did watch her show as a kid but never really listened to her music until recently. She has grown as a performer. Younger now is an underrated album tbh. She is coming EP sounds great also.

Oh, didn't know there was a Miley thread. :)

This from 23 Jan 2023:

The latest single by pop sensation Miley Cyrus (USA) has smashed the record for the most streamed track on Spotify in one week with 96,032,624 plays for the week ending 19 January 2023. "Flowers", the first single from Cyrus’ eighth studio album Endless Summer Vacation, had over seven million more streams than the previous record holder, Adele's "Easy On Me".

Last edited:
Melanie Safka and Miley Cyrus / Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma

(song written by Melanie Safka and H.M. Saffer)

Very proud of how well Flowers is doing. Considering how well Plastic Hearts was I cant wait for the new album. These are some of my top recent covers by her :

Last edited:
Back