Michael Jackson O2 Ticket Website Attracting 16,000 Visits a Second!

**Tink**

Proud Member
Michael Jackson O2 Ticket Website Attracting 16,000 Visits a Second!

Michael Jackson's website is receiving 16,000 visits a second as fans register for tickets to his summer residency at the London O2.

By Matthew Moore
Last Updated: 8:37AM GMT 06 Mar 2009

MichaelJacksonLive.com is struggling to cope after being inundated with hundreds of thousands of requests.

Dozens of people hoping to register for the "pre-sale" draw have posted comments on the site's forum complaining that their applications do not appear gone through.

Many say that they have not yet received a confirmation email, while others are baffled that they must sign up to Jackson's official newsletter in order to have a chance of getting early tickets.

A spokeswoman for AEG Live, which is promoting the concerts, said that they had been overwhelmed by the level of interest.

"The site is receiving 16,000 requests per second, so demand is extremely high, phenomenal is an understatement," she said.

The pop star appeared in person at the arena in Greenwich, southeast London on Thursday afternoon to announce a 10 date summer residency, telling fans that they would be his last dates in the capital.

Tickets go on general sale on March 13, but fans can apply for a chance to buy pre-release tickets by registering on MichaelJacksonLive.com or texting "MJ" to 81707.

The sheer number of people desperate to see Jackson's comeback – and farewell – shows appears to be slowing down the application process.

One fan wrote on the Michael Jackson forum: "I've tried to register like ten times now, but I don't get any confirming email. Anyone else? What can I be doing wrong?"

Another wrote: "It appears to still be having a nightmare as anything online like this does. I sent 3 text messages from 3 different phones though so still waiting."

One frustrated fan appealed for help after finding it impossible to enter his details. "I just tried to sign up for presage tickets but after entering my details and pressing the button, nothing happened. It took me back to the same page. No confirmation that I have registered." he wrote.

But the problems do not appear to be universal – many fans posted comments on the forum saying they had received confirmation emails and texts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-a-second.html

Excellent! At least demand is big! :D
I sent a text message (my network is Orange) and was sent a confirmation text immediately.

I heard this on the radio it's awesome! :eek:

I am so glad I done mine early and it went through. :D

yeah they are! the tickets will sell out in seconds =(

I'm so scared of all these people trying to get tickets tho!!!

Yeah I am pretty scared about that now too, I am confident i'll get a ticket.. But I want good one.. Like right at the front :fear: first few rows at least. :mello: That's why I liked the general admission ones Wembley used to have.. First come first to get down the front. If these are all seating then it's not gonna be like that. :bugeyed

Wowwww that's crazy!

Omg, does anyone know if it's seating or standing? I have to know! It just CAN'T be seating!!!!!!!!

Wowwww that's crazy!

Omg, does anyone know if it's seating or standing? I have to know! It just CAN'T be seating!!!!!!!!

i think its a nightmare to stand, i went yesterday and arrived at 10;30. i was standing for nearly 8 hours, and most of it ws waiting. plus 4 the concert u will have to get there like 2 days in advance, to be at the front. if your short u won't see anything and you will get cramped and your bones will acke.
whereas with a seat you can arrive at last minute and be comfortable :D

i think its a nightmare to stand, i went yesterday and arrived at 10;30. i was standing for nearly 8 hours, and most of it ws waiting. plus 4 the concert u will have to get there like 2 days in advance, to be at the front. if your short u won't see anything and you will get cramped and your bones will acke.
whereas with a seat you can arrive at last minute and be comfortable :D
I went yesterday and arrived at 8am. YES my back was killing me, and I am short, and it was a bit of a nightmare, but seating just literally won't work! At the sides and the back it will, but people are just gonna rush forwards as soon as he comes on! No way will people be able to stay in their seats! And if you get a standing ticket then it's fair for everyone. Everyone is in the same boat and it's up to you how early you wanna get there and camp out for, outside.

Hi, how do I sign up? I'm sooo confused

Go to michaeljacksonlive.com and you can sign up right on the front page, if you don't get a confirmation e-mail, try with a different address cuz some people reported problems with hotmail (mine is gmail if it helps).
Before signing up though, make sure to add mj@michaeljacksonlive.com so the confirmation e-mail doesn't get sent to spam box.

Last edited:
I hope they're ready come wednesday and friday, cuz that site is gonna crash and burn if not. lol

I went yesterday and arrived at 8am. YES my back was killing me, and I am short, and it was a bit of a nightmare, but seating just literally won't work! At the sides and the back it will, but people are just gonna rush forwards as soon as he comes on! No way will people be able to stay in their seats! And if you get a standing ticket then it's fair for everyone. Everyone is in the same boat and it's up to you how early you wanna get there and camp out for, outside.

By looking at the actual pictures of the o2 inside, it looks like it would be pretty near life threatening if everyone tried climbing down from their seats to get near the stage. Those look like some mighty steep seats in different tiers around the theater stage, depending upon where they place the stage (end or center). Perhaps they will make the entire floor standing only, someone on here has said they do that depending upon the show.

it,s not funny anymore when it really is sold out and many of us don,t have tickets.....

michael needs to know when that happens....it can,t be thta too many fans are dissapointed...don,t ya all think?

if there was a place too buy tickets i would stand there by now...but fling to londen and boying tickets is ay too much.....scheisse

By looking at the actual pictures of the o2 inside, it looks like it would be pretty near life threatening if everyone tried climbing down from their seats to get near the stage. Those look like some mighty steep seats in different tiers around the theater stage, depending upon where they place the stage (end or center). Perhaps they will make the entire floor standing only, someone on here has said they do that depending upon the show.

Yeah that's what I meant though. Make the floor bit standing. The side bits can't be cos there will literally be a few deaths per night LOL :mello:

I can't get a standing ticket because I have a form of arthritis and can't stand.

Oh God im not gonna get a ticket am I :(
do you think it's likely extra dates will ve added if these sell out fast?
I HAVE to see him, and this looks like its gonna be the last chance.
I'm actually terrified, i've been checking my email every few minutes to see if i have a code yet, i wonder when they will send those out.

Don't get stressed:p
If Michael see these concerts are going to sell a huge amount of tickets in minutes, why wouldn't he give more concerts?
Although, if you want to make sure you have those tickets, you should be on 7 am on the internet. Next Friday I will be at 7 am on the internet to get those tickets.

oh yeah im definately going to be online for 7.
But its completely down to luck whether or not you get tickets, if you press the refresh button on the page at the right time :S
I'm sure tickets will be gone in seconds, and theres always the chance of the servers crashing because its gonna be so busy.

ticket master accepts credit and debit cards.
not sure about paypal

wau
tii.png

Back