A million tickets registered so far! 10 more shows to be announced

Tom

Proud Member
Michael Jackson adds 10 more dates to comeback tour

6/03/2009
this-is-it-michael-jackson-press-conference-450-943437956.jpg

Jackomania gripped the world again yesterday, and we can reveal the comeback star is to stage a further 10 London concerts.
The dates, in addition to the 10 already confirmed by the singer this week, will be announced to fans imminently.
The news comes after nearly a million people registered for tickets – enough to fill the 20,000-capacity O2 arena at the former Millennium Dome 50 times over.
And the website to register for pre-sale tickets is reporting 14,000 hits a minute.
A source said: “There is no question Jackson has still got what it takes. The fact that he has been away for so long has only added to the clamour for tickets.”
Meanwhile friend and business manager Dr Tohme Tohme has spoken about the star’s planned comeback.
Tohme, who is staying with ***** at the Lanesborough Hotel, West London, said: “He has come back to put an end to all the bulls**t rumours about his health. I think he has answered his critics.
“He is back to his old self – he’s fine, and couldn’t be in better shape. He was away for all this time because he was dedicating his life to his children and being a single parent. This is the reason he took a break from music.
“It was his idea to make a comeback because he misses his fans and his fans have missed him.”
*****, rumoured to have caught MRSA and have respiratory problems, has always denied that he is in poor health. Last night, he was set to go to the theatre with friend Mark Lester to see Oliver!
Lester, 50, played the title role the 1969 film adaptation of the Lionel Bart musical.
At the launch on Thursday ***** vowed: “The Moonwalk is coming back.” His O2 residency begins on July 8 for 10 nights. The 10 extra shows are expected to run soon afterwards.
Randy Phillips of promoter AEG Live said that the dates are the first step of a three-year tour with plans for concerts in New York, Mumbai and Paris.
It is estimated the London shows and merchandise could net ***** up to £50million, and with a tour to follow this could rise to £280million. Tickets go on sale at 7am on March 13.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...-more-dates-to-comeback-tour-115875-21177334/

omg i was like wow when i read this one!
I would love to get some new michael shirts :D
and ofcourse some new touring
does anyone know if hes coming to the netherlands?

man..i've so gotten used to people speaking for Mike, and being wrong, that the first time i truly believed anything, regarding MJ, was when he held that press conference, and spoke for himself. it's hard for me to believe the good doctor, or anyone else...

but if it's true...it's a clever way to have a final curtain call, in London, and not have a final curtain call, in London, at the same time. lol

i do believe the part about the millions who registered tho..

that's easy to see...all i gotta do is look around me. lol..and feel what i'm feeling too. :D

10 in july, 10 in august , 10 in september and possibly more in october

fingers crossed

From the way this is working with the presale etc, they're obviously using it to guage demand...so with any luck, everyone who wants to be there will be :)

I just hope we all get tickets! :wild:

It seems that if the applications can fill the venue 50 times, those who just plan on buying on the day they come on sale wont have a chance. Hope not though, I REALLY want to go! :'(

I'm going to be cautious since this is coming from The Mirror and they are not particularly reliable but if its true then its awesome news.

I remember reading somewhere that they the shows could go up to 50. So maybe their calculations were correct! LOL Otherwise MJ might need to book the O2 for the whole year! Maybe when he said "last concerts in London" he meant he'd stay here forever! LOL

I remember reading somewhere that they the shows could go up to 50. So maybe their calculations were correct! LOL Otherwise MJ might need to book the O2 for the whole year! Maybe when he said "last concerts in London" he meant he'd stay here forever! LOL

Dream come true!

Well what did you all expect. The man hasn't been on tour since the Clinton Administration :laugh:

I never thought i'd see the day when The Mirror (A tabloid) would print something positive about Michael! Yeah the J**o comments were annoying but this is the most postive i've seen a tabloid in a long time

if its true then i don't think there is any chance me getting pre-sale tickets

Never say never. Everybody is in the same boat right now, so its all down to luck and you never know you might be one of the lucky ones :).

I never thought i'd see the day when The Mirror (A tabloid) would print something positive about Michael! Yeah the J**o comments were annoying but this is the most postive i've seen a tabloid in a long time
Yes, yesterday and today the Mirror had very good articles! The Sun today was not too bad either IMO. The Daily Mirror has mixed (half-positive, half negative) and it has also posted a couple of new photos of MJ at the hotel with his kids at the hotel window.

Back