Recommend a nice, clean HOSTEL in London

raingirl

Proud Member
Or a cheap hotel.
I've been to some hostels in London and they're basically all I need for a short trip (like 5days max) but I wouldn't want to end up in a dirty, unfriendly place.

The only hostel i've been to was Rotherhithe Youth Hostel in London. We went with the school a few years ago. It wasn't too much money, it was clean, the staff were friendly and the rooms were ok (we had one ensuite, which was good, but they didn't supply towels - think this is fairly standard for a hostel though). The only thing i'm not so sure about is how safe the area is if you're on your own - as i say, i was in a group of about 25.

The other thing they have to offer is motels where you use your credit/debit card in a machine (I believe) and then you're given a key to a room for the night. I think this is good if you're going for one night, but you have to go back and do the same thing the next, so wouldn't be good if you're wanting to stay for a longer period of time. I haven't really looked into this though, so you might want to do a bit more research into it.

Hope I've helped! :)

i'd also say regents palace, not great, but cheap..

I would suggest a room with its own facilities though, they are slightly better than the ones with shared facilities.

Regent Place Hotel is no longer open. It closed in 2006:

"[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Regent Palace closed on the 31st of December 2006 having first opened in 1915".

I found out the last time, I was going to London and had to find a hotel.
Too bad. Regent Palace was cheap and in the center of London.

[/FONT]

kis, last year in august i was in londen and it was still open...
yhe are building at the outside of the building, but it wa sopen for guests....

Someone on another MJ forum recommended Novotel London Excel.

Seems to be a nice hotel, they charge around 120 pounds for a 2-person bedrooma nigt.
Its Located near the O2.

Looking for a hostel to stay one or two nights too. Preferences: near the o2 and internet access. Anyone help?

kis, last year in august i was in londen and it was still open...
yhe are building at the outside of the building, but it wa sopen for guests....

Hm.. :scratch:Was it called "Piccadilly Backpackers"??
Going by what they say (link), Regent Palace is closed. You can't book a room. They recommend other hotels on that site.

Last time i went to London i stayed at the youth hostel Wake Up London. It was clean, cheap, had internet acces, a kitchen, videoroom and a small bar. The beds where hard tough (but i find that everywhere i go anyway). Unfortunately they are closed now for full refurbishment otherwise i might have booked a room there again.

i liked The Royal Bayswater Hostel. Excellent location, clean and every dorm has own bathroom and shower. Nice :)

easyhotel.com

this is a budget hotel - with nights from as low as 32GBP ..this is really good price..but this is a budget hotel - halfway between a hostel and a cheap hotel like Travelodge (45-50GBP per night)
good luck

I'm staying here, I hope it's gonna be Ok...
Smart Russell Square
Address : 71 Guilford Street,
London, England.
Phone Number : +44 207833 8818
Fax Number : +44 207221 9444

Hello

do you think that I should book a hotel as soon as possible, specially that I'll come in late september,

does the hotel have to be near of O2 ?

Hello

do you think that I should book a hotel as soon as possible, specially that I'll come in late september,

does the hotel have to be near of O2 ?

Best to book the hotel as soon as possible. You can choose whichever hotel you want. One near the O2 is better because less money is spent on travel on tube or buses.

I'm staying at the Antigallican Hotel. It's a hotel/ hostel with great facilities. It's only a short bus ride from the O2 or a 30 minute walk.

http://www.antigallicanhotel.com/

Best to book the hotel as soon as possible. You can choose whichever hotel you want. One near the O2 is better because less money is spent on travel on tube or buses.

I'm staying at the Antigallican Hotel. It's a hotel/ hostel with great facilities. It's only a short bus ride from the O2 or a 30 minute walk.

http://www.antigallicanhotel.com/

yeah I saw their website, but 50GBP per night is a high price

I'm looking for a hotel near of hyde park, in central london.

I guess I don't need a place near O2 since I'm going to O2 one night only !

and I'll pay tube costs only once !

maybe in your case, I mean staying only for one night, would be better to book near of O2 !

I'm staying a week, and I'm still looking :s

Back