Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: moonstreets anything you need to know about London / The 02 thread

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: moonstreets anything you need to know about London / The 02 thread

thanks for your concern,good job i don,t like going on trains so we opted for the coaches,

elusive moonwalker

How is the Wembley Plaza hotel...how far is it from everything?
    wembley is north london its not in the centre at all. there is a tube link but i wouldnt stay as far out as somewhere like that. how much do u want to spend. being expensive means different things to different ppl. anything in the centre of london is fine. look at the address of the hotels and it willtell u what area it is in like paddington or victoria then look on the tube map if u dont now where it is it will give u an idea of whether its in th centre of not. but majority of hotels are in the centre

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Are hotels near the heathrow airport far from central london?? The sheraton?
    Oh Michael, Though I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, you have touch me like no one has ever before. I've loved you, and always will.

May your soul rest with the sweet once risen saviour, jesus christ, henceforth, now, and FOREVER MORE! I pray that you have rest, the rest that the world never gave you!

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I wouldn't recommend staying as far as Heathrow but there is a train that takes about 15 mins to get to central London. I don't know what times it runs.

moonstreet

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejoefan View Post
    Are hotels near the heathrow airport far from central london?? The sheraton?
    Heathrow is not in central London. There is a direct tube and a fast train to central London

The Picadillay Line, (Blue) runs direct from Heathrow Airport to Green Park , 45 mins journey, then you need to change to the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich for The O2, 30 mins journey.
    Heathrow Airport is in Zone 6

There is also an express train HEATHROW EXPRESS, £32 return , which takes 15 mins to get to Paddington station.
    http://www.heathrowexpress.com

From Paddington take the BAKERLOO line (brown) south to Bakerstreet, then change to The Jubilee Line to Greenwich North for The O2

I wouldnt advise staying at a hotel near Heathrow airport, try to get somewhere either in central London, eg Holborn, Russel Square area or in the Docklands.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

ok thanks
    Oh Michael, Though I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, you have touch me like no one has ever before. I've loved you, and always will.

May your soul rest with the sweet once risen saviour, jesus christ, henceforth, now, and FOREVER MORE! I pray that you have rest, the rest that the world never gave you!

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I found the Jurys Inn in Watford, it says it's about 20mins from central London, but we all know hotels will lie. So I want to know is Watfor super far or a reasonable distance? I know here in Atlanta there are suburbs that are 20mins away from downtown Atlanta driving but may take forever to get downtown Atlanta using the public transportation system..
    http://watfordhotels.jurysinns.com/
    Jurys Inn
    Watford
    Jurys Inn Watford Hotel, 31 - 35 Clarendon Road, Watford, Watford, WD17 1JA
    Tel: +44 (0)1923 422 800 Fax: +44 (0)1923 422 888
    How to find us:
    Jurys Inn Watford is located North of London, in the heart of the town centre on Clarendon Road. The hotel is just 20 minutes to Central London, Euston Station where all the citys attractions are within easy reach.

From London

Take M1 northbound at Brent Cross and exit at jnc 5 for Watford.
    At slip road roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A4008 (signposted Town Centre). At Waterfields roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A411 towards town centre and onto Watford Gyratory.
    Turn left (one-way) towards ring road.
    Get into right hand lane and bear right onto Upton Road. Keep right then turn right into Clarendon Road.

From the North

Take M1 southbound and exit at jnc 5 for Watford.
    At slip road roundabout take 3rd exit onto A4008 (sign posted town centre). At Waterfields roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A411 towards town centre and onto Watford Gyratory.
    Get into right hand lane and bear right onto Upton Road. Keep right turning right into Clarendon Road.

From Heathrow

Join M4 at jnc 4 exiting onto M25 at jnc 4b (approx 1 ½ miles). Continue on M25 (signposted Watford) and exit at jnc 20 to roundabout. Take 1st exit onto A41 (signposted London NW, Watford). At next roundabout take 2nd exit onto A411. Continue along A411 onto Watford Gyratory one-way system (signposted Ring Road). Turn right into Clarendon Road.

From Luton Airport

At roundabout take 2nd exit onto Airport Way and continue to A505 (signposted Other Routes). Continue along A505 to A1081 (signposted St Albans) and at Kidney Wood roundabout take 2nd exit onto M1 spur. At roundabout take 1st exit and join M1. Leave M1 at jnc 5.
    At slip road roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A4008 (signposted Town Centre). At Waterfields roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A411 towards town centre and onto Watford Gyratory.
    Get into right hand lane and bear right onto Upton Road. Keep right turning right into Clarendon Road.

By Rail

Exit Watford Junction Railway Station. Walking distance to hotel 0.5 miles via Clarendon Road (opposite). Hotel situated at far end on right hand side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]'76-'82 Greatest Era Ever!!!
    Tell the angels NO
    ...Heaven Can Wait...

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I have a question about the oyster card... I was originally going to get it only for zone 1 and 2 but if I have to go to the O2 then how much would I have to pay since it's in a different zone? Should i just pay separately for that trip and back? also the same for Luton, how much would it be? And how much are the rail tix? I'm guessing the oyster is only for subway, right?

Ok, just googled the Oyster thing and I found this link http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ional-rail.pdf
    Am I to understand that I won't be able to use it when i go to the O2 ( or Luton for that matter if I end up choosing the subway option)?
    Last edited by Angel; 25-06-2009 at 05:50 AM. Reason: added stuff

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 639 Posts

I dont know if anyone has asked the question before.

Im wondering if you can take a taxi to the venue?
    Lets assume I take a taxi from central London.. around Oxford Street area to the O2.
    How long will it take and how much will it cost me?

Thanks in advance
    He that filches from me my good name.. Make me poor indeed.. /Shakespeare

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Hi, moonstreet! Can you tell me If I will be able to record DVD with my photos from memory card anywhere ? As I think 4Mb wouldn't be enough for 4 days in RAW