The London Paper - Views about buying tickets

benscarr

Proud Member
I read this negative article by a girl who's bitter about not getting a ticket for Michael's O2 concerts. She's using all types of negativity such as rumors of ill health and Michael being 50 to feel better about not getting a ticket. Please reply to her article, as some will be published in the paper on Monday. http://www.thelondonpaper.com/talk#

Satellite
The London columnist: Insurance worker Amy Dyduch reckons Michael Jackson is past it despite desperately trying to get tickets for his show by Amy Dyduch. Friday, 13 March 2009 "THIS IS IT.” But as I sit at my computer at 7am, (and I’m not a morning person) waiting *desperately to buy a ticket for the singer’s last ever London show, I can’t help but wonder what “it” really is – and more importantly, does he still have it? My initial answer would be yes, this is Michael Jackson we’re talking about – the moonwalking, shape-shifting, legendary King of Pop... or at least he used to be.

As I come to the unsurprising realisation that I haven’t been quick enough, and am met with the “all the tickets for this show are currently unavailable” message, I *become bitterly optimistic about the situation – *reminiscent of the day I failed my first driving test (best drivers pass second time), and of course the classic, “I don’t believe in Valentine’s Day” on 14 February. Yes, Jackson is a superstar, but can he still pull off a *moon-walking 360 spin, *followed by a grab of the crotch and a tip of the hat at 50? Somehow, I doubt it.

The last time Jackson *performed in London in 2006 he disappointed fans by singing only a few lines of Heal the World, so what is it that makes people think he’s going to be any better just a few years later? Are people expecting the black shoe, white sock-wearing icon from the 80s to dazzle with spectacular display of dancing and vocally outstanding singing?

The more likely outcome is we’ll be met with the *past-it pop star who’ll recite a couple of lines from Billie Jean, do a half-hearted two step, then fall and break his back while attempting the signature moonwalk which gave him his big “break” in the first place, leaving fans utterly disappointed and paramedics frantically rushing to his aid.

Jackson is on the verge of creating music history and with more dates being added by the second, he’s set to make a pretty hefty wad. It’s clearly no secret that Jacko’s a bit strapped for cash at the moment and with the way ticket sales are going there’s no doubt that this little piggy will be singing “hee hee hee” all the way home. The Bank of England ought to turn to Michael Jackson during this time of financial upheaval. Credit crunch – he sure knows how to Beat It.

Amy Dyduch, 18, works in insurance

MORE or BORE?
Should Amy write for us again?
Text More or Bore to 88855.
Texts cost 25p plus standard network

Heal The World? welcome to the land of good journalism, where research is the last thing they do!

I read that article too on the way home. I'm surprised how bitter she sounds despite the fact she made an effort getting up early to try to get tickets like a true fan.

Bitter much? She'd be singing a whole different tune if she had gotten tickets. Glad she won't be at the concerts with that kind of attitude.

I'm surprised anyone would print something this bad lol. It's based on absolutely nothing.

Somehow I don't believe this woman even went to get a ticket and I seriously doubt she's even a fan to begin with. Nobody who's a real fan of ANY artist writes such nasty things in an article when they don't get a ticket to a concert. She sounds more like a little girl throwing a pretend temper tantrum over something she most likely didn't really want then an 18 year-old woman. She writes this like Michael is supposed to know that she even exists and how allegedly bad she feels over not getting "a ticket". when really she doesn't like him to start with or some bullish thing like this wouldn't even be on the net. Writing about an artist being "past-it" and bitterly predicting that they'll fall and break their back while dancing does not paint a picture of a fan in my book. The woman sounds like hateration personified. Pathetic.
And on the off chance she was a fan, Yes. She can be unhappy about not getting a ticket. But to write an article picking on Michael and posting it on the net is disgusting.

Last edited:
Somehow I don't believe this woman even went to get a ticket and I seriously doubt she's even a fan to begin with. Nobody who's a real fan of ANY artist writes such nasty things in an article when they don't get a ticket to a concert. She sounds more like a little girl throwing a temper tantrum then an 18 year-old woman. Writing about an artist being "past-it" and bitterly predicting that they'll fall and break their back while dancing does not paint a picture of a fan in my book. The woman sounds like hateration personified. Pathetic.

Exactly !

I wrote a reply to the article, saying that she should have spent more time trying to get a ticket and not wasting her time writing such a stupid and negative article.

Unfortunately many fans are bitter. And I understand both sides: Michael's and I do understand fans who are disappointed. I'm disappointed myself.
It is always, no matter what he does or what he doesn't, enough room far complaints. He will always leave his fans begging for more, even if he is working 24 hours a day. When one only man has that amount of fans he just can't satisfy every single fan. That is impossible for one person. One can't satisfy the whole world.
It just makes me upset, when fans say they don't believe he loves them, they think it's all about the money. When he in fact has sold the tickets so cheap, even if he would earn not much.
Also, he donated 60 tickets for the WMA's to his fans. No other artist would do that, but I never hear any fan of them complain, because they know they don't have to ask their stars for anything, never ever.

Michael is risking his health for us and he gets no "thank you" for it. I knew he wouldn't, why should anything change? It is simply sad that Michael is always generous and faithful and at the end of the day, as kind as his intentions were, he gets hate for being a pal.

I read that article too on the way home. I'm surprised how bitter she sounds despite the fact she made an effort getting up early to try to get tickets like a true fan.

Because

Its a London Paper conspiracy, (and other tabloid junk newspapers)

They are not PRO MICHAEL, So they have to act like it and give their readers the impression that they should do the same!!!

As Aphrodite Jones put it in an interview The American media resulted in not wanting ANYTHING pro Michael, this is after he was proven free and clear of any wrong doing.

SO, This is why they always slate his image by using such titles as "***** *****" and "freak"

MJ being back is not a good thing for the majority of London papers readers and this is the image that they want to express wholeheartedly even if the facts speak from them selves.

That Michael is as popular as he ever was and all of the bad press they have "DELIBERATELY" and sometimes maliciously put out there has almost been canceled out by the weeks past events.

So they have to result in playing a cheap tricks to try mind wash some of it readers...

This is the next chapter of Michael Life.

I've found many rude comments of fans which have all similar tenors, one for example:

Why did you let it happen? Why did you agree? Are you one of them now? Do you do ANYTHING for money now!? Its not the first time your fans were ripped of and you know it! I was once one of your biggest defenders but now I am only very very angry, sad and dissapointed in you! You let us down in the past few years and you are letting us down again. You were once my most important rolemodel - but now...I don't know you anymore!
But don't be afraid, cause you won't see me again - be sure of that!
Hope you come to your senses nevertheless and good luck!

XXX

^^^^
I don't believe those people won't see him again they always come back. Despite their complaints they'll be back at all times. Soon, soooner than they think...

Back