Inside the O2 Arena: Size, Pics, Videos... [All threads merged]

Re: Plz post pics of the 02 arena

is it me or the stage is huge ? :mello: plus i cant tell which section is which. it seems bigger than a stadium. are we sure that it takes 20,000 ppl and not 2 million ? lol

yea its huge lol,the upper tiers look like luxury boxes lol

^ i hope we wont be needing a telescope to see michael

O2ARENA.jpg

the stage can be anywhere, any size:
takethat_630x390-9796.jpg

there can be either floor seating or floor standing.

Led+Zeppelin+-+O2+Arena+London++%5B2007%5D+front.jpg

inside the 'dome' (has loads of restaurants, bars, cinema etc):
O2_Sport_22_ready.jpg

this shows the dome interior (the arena is in the centre):
442528.jpeg

lzpr4.jpg

2862861614_4384976b74.jpg

I would so like to have standing tickets on the floor. It's SO much better than to sit!!

it looks similar to the Acer Arena in sydney in terms of size, acer holds 21 000 people.

I was to the side and pretty much counting the rows from the back lol. I was there for a stevie wonder concert. I can't say I could see stevie's facial expressions, but you won't need binocules or anything unless you want to see the shoes Mj's wearing. haha. It is very intimate.

So i don't think anyone has to worry about view. it won't be like those concerts we see in his DVD's where there's like people 1km away from the stage. haha.

I would so like to have standing tickets on the floor. It's SO much better than to sit!!

i didnt know there was an option for standing tickets :mello: i thought there were only seating tickets on the floor but ppl could stand if they wanted.

Jesus! Those pictures make me so excited!:wild:

Yay wrestling :D haha

i didnt know there was an option for standing tickets :mello: i thought there were only seating tickets on the floor but ppl could stand if they wanted.

There were no standing tickets for MJ. But some concerts at the O2 have been known to have standing on the floor (all seats removed).

There were no standing tickets for MJ. But some concerts at the O2 have been known to have standing on the floor (all seats removed).

not sure i like that idea, that would be one huge mosh pit....lol

I know. I just had a wishful thinking. I have never been on a concert where I had to sit before LOL. How do you do it? Beats me :punk:

I know. I just had a wishful thinking. I have never been on a concert where I had to sit before LOL. How do you do it? Beats me :punk:

btw darling.
you do no you dont have to sit.
lol
we all have seats but we wont be sitting down.
its michael jackson lol
everyone will be standing.
i been there before seen quite a few different people there.
you wont be sitting everyone will be standing and dancing.
its gunna be a MASSIVE RAVE!
:D

Can someone please post the view from BK 107??
thanks in advance!! ^_^

so i guess our seats and rows wont really matter since we will all be standing ? am i right ? :unsure: its just the section that we will be at that counts i guess ?

photos are good! wish i could see where i was sitting rather then a boxing seating arragement though

Just go to flickr and type in o2 arena in the search box. There are a lot of pictures there.

Thanks to everyone for the pics. What are short areas between the lower tier and upper tiers? Are those more seats? Looks like ppl are standing or sitting there as well.

boxes i presume. business ones

Thanks, elusive. I wonder who, if anyone, will be sitting in those? Special/Invited guests, maybe? It's weird how those seats don't even appear on the arena map.

I saw those as well in the pics. First thing that crossed my mind was family, very close associates/friends, Sony execs, etc.

Unless there would be special steps/precautions taken, I can't imagine Michael's children/family either having to stay backstage or even sitting in the VIP or lower tier seats. That would be a security nightmare for Michael, especially for his children. There well may be high placed political figures there as well, like the Prime Minister, etc. It just seems like "box" seating would provide the necessary pre-requisites in this case.

Of course I'm just surmizing all of this, but sounds reasonable in my mind.

Back