The "what hotel are you staying at" thread

MJfan82

Proud Member
This thread is for fans to see where other fans are staying and also for feedback on the hotels and the distance from the o2 arena. You might also make new friends if you're staying in the same hotel :)

I'm Staying at novotel excel on the docklands on july 8th for 3 nights.

Ibis London Excel, with 278 rooms, is located adjacent to the Excel Centre and Custom House Station. Ibis Excel just 2 stops on the Docklands Light Railway to the O2 Dome and the Indigo destinations. Good base for attending concerts at the O2 or exhibitions at Excel. Restaurant and WIFI available. London City Airport, University East of London, Docklands and Canary Wharf nearby.

(upper deck restaurant you can see the 02 in the background I think)
novotel-excel-10.jpg

(front of hotel)
novotel-excel-18.jpg

(bedroom)
novotel-excel-16.jpg

(bathroom)
novotel-excel-19.jpg

Last edited:
Millenium Hotel Gloucester
4-18 Harrington Gardens
London, EN SW7 4LH
United Kingdom
Check in:*Mon 7/6/2009
Check out:*Sun 7/12/2009 Nights:*6

So excited!

I'm looking at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands. Very nice hotel with a decent location in proximity to the o2. I will be in town from August 31st-Sept. 3 :)

I'm in the process of looking for hotels now, maybe you could all post the prices too if you don't mind, just so we know if we can afford them right off. Thanks!

It's a hostel - St Christopher's Inn, Greenwich with my friend on the 15th, 16th and 17th of July. yeywew!

Hey,

im staying at a beautiful 5star hotel called The Grange Hotel in Coopers row near the tower bridge, it is literally a river boat ride over to the o2, i got told about it from ppl that work down there, its very plush but because its not directly in Greenwich its got offers on.

Im staying > 28/08/2009
till 30/08/2009

with 3 other fans who are close friends of mine.

hope to see u all there.

Terry

It's a hostel - St Christopher's Inn, Greenwich with my friend on the 15th, 16th and 17th of July. yeywew!

So did you get a twin room? Do you know by any chance how you can book a room for 6 ppl if you're only 3? Can you book like that and then they put 3 more ppl in your room or what?
:no: It's difficult to find something...

me and my friends will stay in the london home stay hostel in eltham. since we are always broke that was the cheapest place to stay. and we are only there to sleep, so i dont think its a problem! its quite cheap, we booked a 3 bed room für 30 euro a night...

So did you get a twin room? Do you know by any chance how you can book a room for 6 ppl if you're only 3? Can you book like that and then they put 3 more ppl in your room or what?
:no: It's difficult to find something...

yeah i got a twin room. so you wanna book a 6 room for 3 people only? You should probably contact the hostelworld website. I did to adjust my date and they were very helpful. Here is the email: bookings@hostelworld.com

Me and my friend are staying at the costum house hotel. Simple hotel with our own bathroom, breakfast included and near the o2. What more to wish for since we are only there to sleep anyway.:D If i bring a laptop i think we can also use free internet since there is WiFi aswell hehehe.. Not that i have time for that but it is possible i think.

Journey's Greenwich in London, England
86 Tanners Hill, Deptford
13th july-16july
4 bed dorm for €16.48 per person per night.
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Journeys-Greenwich/London/14746

On google map it's about 40 minutes walking from o2. On bus it's 20 minutes, but I don't know if there will be bus at night as we will go to aftershow party. So I guess we will walk, 40 minutes is not so far

Journey's Greenwich in London, England
86 Tanners Hill, Deptford
13th july-16july
4 bed dorm for €16.48 per person per night.
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Journeys-Greenwich/London/14746

On google map it's about 40 minutes walking from o2. On bus it's 20 minutes, but I don't know if there will be bus at night as we will go to aftershow party. So I guess we will walk, 40 minutes is not so far

Without trying to worry you too much, I would not recommend walking from O2 to Deptford late at night, you will pass through some rather dubious neighbourhood, and Deptford is one of them. I have lived close by to this area all my life, my kids went to school up the road from where your hostel is located, the area is what is probably classed as one of the ghetto areas, and not somewhere I would recommend for tourists.

If you or anyone needs advice regarding local areas to the o2, just ask me, I know my way around here well and can let you know the bad areas from good.

Without trying to worry you too much, I would not recommend walking from O2 to Deptford late at night, you will pass through some rather dubious neighbourhood, and Deptford is one of them. I have lived close by to this area all my life, my kids went to school up the road from where your hostel is located, the area is what is probably classed as one of the ghetto areas, and not somewhere I would recommend for tourists.

If you or anyone needs advice regarding local areas to the o2, just ask me, I know my way around here well and can let you know the bad areas from good.

How about the walk from St Christopher's Inn, Greenwich to The O2. It is only about 1 1/2 miles so not too bad a walk. It looks like if you aren't walking you have to cross the river and loop back. You can get to it from the back by walking can't you?

How about the walk from St Christopher's Inn, Greenwich to The O2. It is only about 1 1/2 miles so not too bad a walk. It looks like if you aren't walking you have to cross the river and loop back. You can get to it from the back by walking can't you?

It's quite a long walk, there are buses that go from o2 arena into the main area of Greenwich, and then it is about a 5 min walk to the hostel. If you are staying out late, past midnight, I not sure if there are night buses from the o2 arena into Greenwich, but a mini cab from o2 arena to your hostel will only cost about £5, and considering the bus fare is £2 per person, if there is two of you, then you may as well get a taxi.

I'm staying at the Wellington "Hotel", 24-28 July... From what I've heard is more of a hostel... and a bad one as well :S But well, since I'm only staying there to sleep, it's cheap and has a good location I don't really care...

(I think it's about 40 minutes travel+walking to the 02, but I'm gonna be there for a few days, so I rather be close to everything else, you know... tourist attractions and stuff... it's only my second time being in London :D)

Back