MJ complains to BBC over IRA jibe??

sunnyday81

Proud Member
Michael Jackson fury at BBC over IRA jibe

By Tom Bryant, Showbiz Reporter 20/03/2009
michael-jackson-pic-getty-101190380.jpg

Furious Michael Jackson wants an apology from the BBC after two comics compared his comeback to the IRA.
Comedians Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis, speaking days after three murders by IRA splinter groups, said both ***** and the terrorists were “80s celebrities”.
They said on Radio 4’s The Now Show: “I can’t believe which 80s celebrities I want back less. Michael Jackson or the IRA.”
The BBC website compounded the insult by saying on their website: “Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis discuss the return to Britain of undesirables, from Michael Jackson to the IRA.”
***** was horrified when he heard about the joke. A source said: “Michael was told about the comments and was appalled. It was a disgusting slur. To compare him to cold-blooded murderers is not funny, it is highly offensive.”
***** has complained to AEG Live, the promoters who are behind his 50-night UK comeback.
They are deciding whether to lodge an official complaint with the BBC.
It also received complaints from listeners about the comments on last Friday’s show, broadcast six days after the Real IRA murdered two soldiers in Northern Ireland.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...on-fury-at-bbc-over-ira-jibe-115875-21211605/

:huh:

shouldn't this be in the news thread...posted by the news team?
and if they haven't then this must be a tabloid.

BBC comedians have been in hot water recently again, i.e. Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand. His insulting jokes were headlines in the UK and received many complaints. We should do the same regardless of what MJ does. But I hope he does take action indeed.

that is disgusting! not the first time the BBC have been in trouble for not being able to censor their talent, unbelievable!

can someone post the contact details here so we can all complain, thanx.

I think Michael and his team should ask The Royal BBC to do something about those creeps. This is suppose to be a glorious time for Michael and his fans. London is very Lucky to have the first of his comeback shows. He thought it would be good for his London fans to see him perform first but to get backlash from comedians with no sense in the heads to down play this wonderful event is just plain wrong and It should make Michael and his people start thinking of a way to punish these uncaring people and believe me,this will not be the first time that Michael will hear or read about unsavory comments about his comeback.Some people are still not convinced that Michael is not guilty,Well guess what,he is Still found Not Guilty and people should get over it and let this man be and do his job.This man has suffered enough and should be given a chance to get back to his groove. I just wish people would stop making Michael's comeback into a not so wonderful occassion so we fans can enjoy listening to his songs and seeing him enjoy and sharing his true pure talent with the world..

What a horrible thing to say, regardless of whether or not you're a fan of Michael. And honestly, aren't most (if not all) of these radio broadcasts reviewed before they are aired? :no: I don't know how they could think it appropriate or funny in any way, especially after the recent shootings in N. Ireland. I thought the BBC would have the sense to be more cautious about these kind of comments after the huge fuss over the Brand/Ross show got so many complaints. :(

It upsets me to know Michael knows of this especially after him crying in joy at the response of his sell out...

I dont see anything wrong with this comparison. Why make a big fuss over this when there are more things MJ should fight over?

It upsets me to know Michael knows of this especially after him crying in joy at the response of his sell out...
I know...but maybe it's good in a different way...MJ is finally trying to put rumours to rest, maybe because of the new team he has. I'm sure he's gonna hear more in the coming months. But it may finally be for his greater good. :yes:

IRA is an organisation (terrorists actually) fighting for the independence of N. Ireland from Britain...or something like that. Bottom line they're cold-blooded murderers. Not someone to compare yourself with...

I dont see anything wrong with this comparison. Why make a big fuss over this when there are more things MJ should fight over?

Being compared to murderes is a big deal. How would you like it if someone put your name in the same sentence? Fuck these asshole comedians. Michael has a right to be pissed.

Being compared to murderes is a big deal. How would you like it if someone put your name in the same sentence? Fuck these asshole comedians. Michael has a right to be pissed.
I don't know but I feel more offended if someone call me a derogatory nickname. I think MJ should in the 80s sue the tabloids that nicknamed him w a cko jaCk*, it's more offensive from my perspective.

Well, it is the same thing they did to him here in the states. They put him in the same category with O. J Simpson....an accused murderer. And then they threw Sadam Hussein in there for good measure. That was the worst thing I ever saw.

If this really is true, I hope he moonwalks all up and down their *bleeeeeeeep*

It's already been disgusting enough how most of these comics continue to portray him as a child predator and now cold blooded murderers?!?!

I'm going to move this to enough is enough section since it is a call to action :yes:

I'm just sad Michael had to hear about this. This is highly offensive, and I'm not just mad at them for putting Michael Jackson in the same catorgory as these terrorists, but also at the fact that these comedians have shown a complete lack of respect to the victims and victims' families of the N Ireland killings. It's not something to be joking about. It just shows how unprofessional these people are. Comedians should be able to make an audience laugh without upsetting and offending people.

Wow that is so vile. People are so heartless these days towards people, not even considering that person feelings and who it will affect them when it comes out there mouth. I don't Michael, i would be f*cking pissed off too. hat is just terribly cruel......

Utterly disgusting....

Oh for the love of..... Can't the guy just have his moment for ONCE?!?! He's been though enough ish in his life.. All he's trying to do is come back to what he loves, his music and his fans, but noooooooooo, there's always gotta be some jack-ass that has to come along and rain on his parade. Ugh... This just makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh for the love of..... Can't the guy just have his moment for ONCE?!?! He's been though enough ish in his life.. All he's trying to do is come back to what he loves, his music and his fans, but noooooooooo, there's always gotta be some jack-ass that has to come along and rain on his parade. Ugh... This just makes me sick to my stomach.

People don't care about one another these days, or care about there feelings.....

Back