Tube info

StaceyMJ

Proud Member
Does anyone know what time the Tube from the O2 Greenwich station runs til at night? I'm just thinking whether I could get away with getting home instead of staying over in London. :unsure: I know we won't know what times the show finishes etc but just for a general idea to see if it might be possible.

Also this is for everybody else as well, on weekends the Jubilee line does experience delays because of engineering works and sometimes, some lines are closed because of this. Jubilee line being a popular line to close.

It's not a good idea to get a ticket for the 30th august (bank holiday sunday) unless you're planning on driving or staying in a hotel, is it?? I'm not very happy about trying for tickets on that date in case i can't get home! My friend and i would be more than happy to camp outside if we had to, but we preferably need to get to Bromley after the show!

Will the transport to the 02 be dodgy on August 30th??

id look on the underground website id expect any delays/closures to be posted on there. they tend to do work on bank holidays if theres any to be done

I've decided to stay the night, we will be too tired to make the journey home if it's quite far out from London.

It's not a good idea to get a ticket for the 30th august (bank holiday sunday) unless you're planning on driving or staying in a hotel, is it?? I'm not very happy about trying for tickets on that date in case i can't get home! My friend and i would be more than happy to camp outside if we had to, but we preferably need to get to Bromley after the show!

Will the transport to the 02 be dodgy on August 30th??

Well I actually live in Bromley. :lol:

If all hell breaks loose, you can easily get back on the night bus. :yes:

What's the night bus?? And where does that go to? :)

FYI: PLAN AHEAD! Have a great time y'all.

David Lister: Beyoncé's transport blues

Saturday, 30 May 2009

The workings, or non-workings, of the London Underground system at weekends are discussed far too seldom. If, like me, you live in outer London, then there are numerous Saturdays and Sundays when you can't get into the capital by public transport. So I'm grateful to Beyoncé, pictured, that this state of affairs has been noticed at last. Her gig at the O2 last Monday was a success in the arena but a nightmare outside.

Thousands of her fans were left with transport difficulties, as it was a bank holiday and the Jubilee line was closed for engineering work.

That all sounds terribly parochial – one concert hall, one Tube line, and couldn't the fans have driven anyway? Actually, no. Many Beyoncé fans are teenagers and don't drive. The O2 isn't exactly easy to reach by car, and the £15 to park isn't exactly cheap. Besides, it's not any old venue. It's the biggest in the country. Soon Michael Jackson will be playing there, and the same transport problems are likely to occur for some of his gigs, with the train line so conveniently next door to the venue out of action once again. Once more, fans can expect to queue for hours for a riverboat service or wait till midnight in a line for taxis, and pay plenty on top of the expensive ticket price for the privilege.

It could be worse, of course. In fact it has been, according to one Independent reader who blogged this week that when he saw Metallica at the O2 a few months ago the Tube line was again closed and he could see only two people directing 23,000 concert-goers on the best way to get home. He was stuck there until 3am.

Not our fault, said AEG, owners of the O2 after the Beyoncé concert. A spokeswoman told this paper that engineering work during major concerts was "frustrating" but added that the venue was working closely with Transport for London to give music fans as many travel options as possible. "It's not an ideal situation, but unfortunately there's not much we can do about it apart from working with TfL and putting a robust plan in place."

That spokeswoman should be arrested for abuse of the English language. What is this "robust" plan? Queuing for a cab till midnight? What has this "working closely" achieved? As is so often the case, the needs of the paying public attending an arts event are ignored. It happened last year when the Royal Shakespeare Company ended its shows so late that there was no public transport to take people back to London. But after that was highlighted on this page the RSC to its credit did work closely with the rail authorities and laid on a late train. It can be done where there is a will.

Of course it would be nice if these frustrating weekend line closures came to an end. But in the meantime let's not forget that the O2 is owned by a very wealthy multinational company, AEG. It has a moral responsibility to look after its audiences. When the Tube is not running it should make its car park free. It should subsidise the riverboats so that they are free and it should lay on a fleet of coaches to take people back to the centre of London, where they have more options for continuing their journey.

It's time that those who run arts venues realise that the evening does not end with the final encore.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...d-lister-beyoncs-transport-blues-1693174.html

So could any kind soul that knows about transport to and from the O2 give useful alternatives to get from the O2 to Heathrow aiport after the concert ? As the Jubilee Line won't be accesible, what's the best way to get there ? I read there are buses and river boats, but which would be best to connect it with a Picadilly Line back to Heathrow airport ?

guys theres a sticky thread with regards to london transport, post your questions there (if not already answered) and I or someone else can answer you, and then its easy reference for people looking for the same answer! :)

Back