stars of harry potter invited backstage for opening night

Screamin

Proud Member
"MICHAEL JACKSON has invited the young stars of the Harry Potter films to be access all areas guests at the opening night of his sellout summer shows.
Aren’t they a bit old for him?

DANIEL RADCLIFFE, 19, EMMA WATSON, 18, and RUPERT GRINT, 20, have been handed the chance to moonwalk through security to watch the most eagerly anticipated gig since Live 8.

Millions of ***** fans will be wishing they could borrow an invisibility cloak to help them sneak backstage at the O2 on July 8.

But the three stars — who play Harry, Hermione and Ron — can leave their Nimbus 2000s at Hogwarts for a night on the Jesus Juice with Pop King *****.

They won’t even need to take Hagrid along to keep an eye on them now that they are all over 18.

A source said: “Michael is a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and films.

“He was utterly enchanted by the magic of JK ROWLING’s novels. The tales of Harry and his pals in the books gripped him, he has followed them all religiously.

“He is a big admirer of the films too, he owns all the movies and he has bought memorabilia for his collection.

“He has also shown an interest in going to the premiere for the final instalment of the Potter films.”

***** is believed to be one of the few who own a prized first edition of JK’s debut novel Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, worth up to £10,000.

He has always had an eye for a young acting star. He became firm friends with Home Alone’s MACAULAY CULKIN when he was the most famous child actor on the planet in the 1990s.

I’m still in two minds about Jacko’s return.

My gran — at 82-years-young — is more nimble than he is, although her moonwalk needs some work.

Advertisement

If he is fit enough to perform then the gigs will be the most memorable the O2 has seen since LED ZEPPELIN reformed for a one-off special last year.

But if I had a ticket for any night after the tenth date I’d have a letter ready asking for a refund... just in case.

The guest list will be a belter, though. I know DAVID BECKHAM has been on the blower to blag tickets "

This smells like a planted article. It was intended to besmirch him. And I predict we'll have plenty more where that came from.

First off, I think HELL would freeze over before you see Michael endorsing HP. It's just not his thing (IMO). It's very UN-Michael as is body art or piercings. You won't see Michael endorsing that either.

This smells like a planted article. It was intended to besmirch him. And I predict we'll have plenty more where that came from.

First off, I think HELL would freeze over before you see Michael endorsing HP. It's just not his thing (IMO). It's very UN-Michael as is body art or piercings. You won't see Michael endorsing that either.
I thought he liked HP...
but yeah, this article SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That artice is horrible

However Michael's kids could be fans of Harry Potter and it's possible that Michael has invited the cast so that his kids can meet them.

i love harry potter, but it's not exactly a big deal to be made out of this. so many "celebrities" will be blagging tickets, who knows why they're headline news about it lol!

I found a posted a clean - no ***** in it at all in the news....figured that there had to be one out there.

hmmmmmmm mj LOVES HP. when the new books would come out, he'd change his train to the hogwarts express and have a little party for the kids. and he reads them to his kids using diff voices and accents! lol

maybe this is true. after all, they are all adults

the books are really really crap and overrated....

hmmmmmmm mj LOVES HP. when the new books would come out, he'd change his train to the hogwarts express and have a little party for the kids. and he reads them to his kids using diff voices and accents! lol

maybe this is true. after all, they are all adults

I don't recall MJ ever saying he was a fan of HP. (***Ducks to dodge HP fan fury***)

Seriously, the story smells of BULLSH** because it's mocking him and trying to malign him.

See this story for example:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25240038-5012974,00.html

They have photoshopped MJ into this pic.

Someone is INTENTIONALLY putting this out there (like they did with the Russian businessman who supposedly hired MJ to perform for him).

They are riding MJ's coattails at the same time they are making fun of him.

Oh god, I think some of us here hate Harry Potter and don't want to imagine that their Idol Michael Jackson loves the books actually. ( I am still in researches for that excerpt when MJ mentioned HP)

What's wrong with that? It's a matter of taste. As so many things in life.

Apart from the fact that MJ might be a HP fan the article is just written in a tabloid way........ always referring to MJ's relationship to children and still turning facts around without respect. BUT that's not new. We all hate these tabloid articles, but maybe he really likes the Harry Potter Books and there is nothing wrong with it.

There is no reason to react so exaggerated.

Or do you envy their luck that MJ invites them backstage?

About the way this article is written we all agree, but about who is fan of whom is not our business.
And what certain stupids do with HP graphics is simply SICK.

It was in the Vibe magazine March 2002 not Ebony, my fault, okay, here you are:

Vibe: You seem to be enjoying life as a single parent.

MJ: I never had so much fun in all my life. Thta's the truth. Becaus I am this big kid, and now I get to see the world through the eyes of the really young ones. I learn more from them than they learn from me. I am constantly trying things and testing things on them to see what works and what doesn't. Children are always the best judges to monitor something. If you can get the kids, you've got it. That's why Harry Potter is so successful - it's a family-oriented movie. You can't get wrong there. We want a wide demographic, and that's why I try not to say things in my lyrics that offend parents. I don't want to be like that. We weren't raised to be like that. Mother and Joseph wouldn't say stuff like that.

Well, he doesn't actually say that he is a fan, but the context implies that it is something he agrees with.

Last edited:
Oh god, I think some of us here hate Harry Potter and don't want to imagine that their Idol Michael Jackson loves the books actually. ( I am still in researches for that excerpt when MJ mentioned HP)

What's wrong with that? It's a matter of taste. As so many things in life.

Apart from the fact that MJ might be a HP fan the article is just written in a tabloid way........ always referring to MJ's relationship to children and still turning facts around without respect. BUT that's not new. We all hate these tabloid articles, but maybe he really likes the Harry Potter Books and there is nothing wrong with it.

There is no reason to react so exaggerated.

Or do you envy their luck that MJ invites them backstage?

About the way this article is written we all agree, but about who is fan of whom is not our business.
And what certain stupids do with HP graphics is simply SICK.

It was in the Vibe magazine March 2002 not Ebony, my fault, okay, here you are:

Vibe: You seem to be enjoying life as a single parent.

MJ: I never had so much fun in all my life. Thta's the truth. Becaus I am this big kid, and now I get to see the world through the eyes of the really young ones. I learn more from them than they learn from me. I am constantly trying things and testing things on them to see what works and what doesn't. Children are always the best judges to monitor something. If you can get the kids, you've got it. That's why Harry Potter is so successful - it's a family-oriented movie. You can't get wrong there. We want a wide demographic, and that's why I try not to say things in my lyrics that offend parents. I don't want to be like that. We weren't raised to be like that. Mother and Joseph wouldn't say stuff like that.

Well, he doesn't actually say that he is a fan, but the context implies that it is something he agrees with.

That says ABSOLUTELY nothing about him being a fan. He is using that as an example of why you need to court a family audience. :doh:

Plus, the source of these stupid HP stories is tabloid which has jumped now to the mainstream.

They are putting out a series of stories (some VERY troubling like the RF article from yesterday) to harm MJ.

I mean, what if tomorrow they say, MJ invites HP fans to take a ride with him on an elephant underwater on his way to the concert? Would you believe that one too? These stories are caustic.
(***I just realized that the Elephant article has to have been ripped from a scene in Ace Ventura***). They are trying to make MJ look comical.

Last edited:
Michael just invited ME backstage..

*sigh*

It doesent work!!!!
I thought that when you wrote something it automaticly became the truth!

That says ABSOLUTELY nothing about him being a fan. He is using that as an example of why you need to court a family audience. :doh:

Plus, the source of these stupid HP stories is tabloid which has jumped now to the mainstream.

They are putting out a series of stories (some VERY troubling like the RF article from yesterday) to harm MJ.

I mean, what if tomorrow they say, MJ invites HP fans to take a ride with him on an elephant underwater on his way to the concert? Would you believe that one too? These stories are caustic.
(***I just realized that the Elephant article has to have been ripped from a scene in Ace Ventura***). They are trying to make MJ look comical.

I have already admitted, that the quote doesn't actually say that he is a fan but AT LEAST it's something he agrees with.
Boy, you really spend a lot of energy on this news...... nobody, including me, said "THIS IS A TRUE STORY PERIOD" but some of us don't make such a fuss out of it and wouldn't have a problem if MJ had invited these guys.

The press most of the time tries to make Michael look comical, but if this is the only thing they can do to feel satisfied it's sad enough!

People like you who make those stories such a big thing are those who amuse the tabloids the most.

haha when one of the books came out, he changed the name of his train station to the hogwart express and had a hp party. sorry if it wasn't in a darn paper. but it happened.

v just ask mjo, he would know since he claims to be an 'insider' lol

Last edited:
i dont see the problem if this article tells the truth though? i know it's ment to harm him in a way, but thats just silly.

Why is it suddenly bad to like the Harry Potter univers? Theres nothing bad about it. I heard some rumors about that young actor playing Harry, but he's was just a teenager backthen and we as MJ fans know everything about the credibility of the sources they use in the tabloids.

So really I don't see the bad thing in this at all? I'm a little jaloux that it's always famous people that is allowed backstage though. I know it's unfair to be jaloux about, but the famous people can meet him at the awardshows and stuff like that.:blush: I know it's unfair to think like that..

I have already admitted, that the quote doesn't actually say that he is a fan but AT LEAST it's something he agrees with.

Agrees with what? He also agrees with adopting kids (he's said it himself), but that doesn't make the new kid adoption stories true. He loves animals, but that doesn't make the animal story any more truthful. Min. Farrakhan is his friend, but that doesn't make the new threat allegations truthful. Or I guess based on your logic, it does. He must "agree" with it cause afterall, he's been seen with NOI bodyguards.

The point is, he hasn't said ANYTHING about agreeing with anything and it's a stretch to say he's saying ANYTHING to anyone about HP,tix, backstage passes, NOI, kids, threats, animals, boats, setlists, etc. It's all spewing from the same source.

I honestly think Mike hasn't uttered one word to the press through his agents since the press conference. I think everything since then has been put out there to distract EVERYONE.

My opinion of course.

:doh::scratch::*****:

aaaah let me explain to you *sigh*
people are freaking out because they think the tabloids are writing this to hurt his image. Like "he's even MORE freaky: HE'S FAN OF HP!!!!"

and my point iiiis: I don't get the problem with him being fan of HP. Thats not a bad thing imo..

>>>>>> I KNOW IT'S VERY VERY POSSIBLE THAT THIS IS JUST TABLOID JUNK THOUGH

aaaah let me explain to you *sigh*
people are freaking out because they think the tabloids are writing this to hurt his image. Like "he's even MORE freaky: HE'S FAN OF HP!!!!"

and my point iiiis: I don't get the problem with him being fan of HP. Thats not a bad thing imo..

>>>>>> I KNOW IT'S VERY VERY POSSIBLE THAT THIS IS JUST TABLOID JUNK THOUGH

NO. It's Not "a possibility". IT IS TABLOID JUNK.

I submit to you exhibit A:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2336699.ece

That's WHERE that story originated from.

Don't believe me? Google it and you'll see that a majority of the media outlets cite the SUN as their source for the article.

And if you're willing to believe the SUN on that, then I guess you also believe MJ will be getting Plastic Surgery before the concert, too, right? Cause the SUN was the source of that crap, too!

The SUN is a Tabloid.

Someone is feeding the SUN. Who could it be?

yea but RELAX dude!!!! I'm not from england or america or wherever that paper is printed. I don't read it! I don't really care what they write about Michael! Screw it if it's true - screw it if it's not true!

I don't see the big deal? The tabloids is like air to me.. And if Michael wanted to invite Arnold Swartzenager (sorry if I spell wrong) backstage - I don't care! It's not a problem to me weather he do it or not or weather some lame rumors are printed in the sun or not..

Thats my point!

so r u mad that he's a hp fan or that this article is bollocks?

I'm not mad. I'm personally not a fan of HP, but I'm not mad. Thank God this is a MJ forum (so I don't have to be a fan of HP). I'm not a fan of Oliver Twist either if it matters (uh-oh, I'm offending a lot of fans on this board)

seriously, if MJ put out a statement (or the promoter for that matter) and said he invited the HP cast backstage, I will shut up. I think I said that before.

However, what we have here is bunch of HP fans who are so happy to read the SUN article (because they WANT to believe MJ invited the cast backstage and to the concert) that they believe it.

HP fans may find it "cute" and "ok" but the SUN did this not to promote MJ's like or dislike of HP, but to malign him. I can't seem to understand how anyone can read that article and NOT see it as clear as day.

Like I said before, Michael HAS NOT invited the HP cast to his concerts and has NOT invited them backstage (in my opinion of course) because (a) he has NOT put out any statement about it (b) the promoter has not put out a statement about it and (c) the source for this was the SUN.

So, hate to bust everyone's bubble, but this is as true as the story as MJ performing for the Russian Billionaire (which is false as we found out).

I LOVE Elephants and animals. And I loved the story about him featuring animals in the show, but then I went back and re-read the source for that trash and realized that they are doing this to malign MJ -- NOT to highlight his love for animals. Making him sound like Ace Ventura. Plus, Michael has not put out that statement. That CRAP was fed to us by the tabloids! So, what, should I simply believe the stuff just cause Michael has animals, loves them and SHOULD have them in the show?

The tabloids are smart. They are using things to bait us.

Oh and before I forget, if you go to Youtube, there's a MJ sound-a-like singing "Islam in my Viens". Sounds just like MJ (if you're the general public -- you'll probably think it is him). If MJ converted to islam, I have no problem with it (he may even be Muslim, but that's his own decision). However, that song is FAKE. It doesn't matter if I agree with it, if it sounds plausible or if it sounds good. It's a fake no matter what cause he's NOT singing it (some will find it believable though).

Last edited:
yea but RELAX dude!!!! I'm not from england or america or wherever that paper is printed. I don't read it! I don't really care what they write about Michael! Screw it if it's true - screw it if it's not true!

I don't see the big deal? The tabloids is like air to me.. And if Michael wanted to invite Arnold Swartzenager (sorry if I spell wrong) backstage - I don't care! It's not a problem to me weather he do it or not or weather some lame rumors are printed in the sun or not..

Thats my point!

Remember the setlist leak?

I was so bummed out when I read the original reports of the set list (I hated it cause it was too focused on all the "poppy" material from OTW & Thriller). Anyway, the source of that leak was also a tabloid. We later found out, MJ is still working on the set list (hence the voting on the setlist at MJLive).

So, bottom line is tabloids are trash. We want to believe some of them (and some we do not). In the end they are just unreliable.

Remember the setlist leak?

I was so bummed out when I read the original reports of the set list (I hated it cause it was too focused on all the "poppy" material from OTW & Thriller). Anyway, the source of that leak was also a tabloid. We later found out, MJ is still working on the set list (hence the voting on the setlist at MJLive).

So, bottom line is tabloids are trash. We want to believe some of them (and some we do not). In the end they are just unreliable.

I don't see what it has to do with this conversation though.. I think you put even more effort to this than MJ himself would. Yes tabloid is trash but - I don't read it so why would I bother.. If people are stupid enough to buy everything they write then it's more their problem than Michaels. And you can see now that people don't care about the tabloid trash as all 50 concerts sold out so fast.

So why bother? really.. screw the tabloids! dont waste your time on them at all!

I don't see what it has to do with this conversation though.. I think you put even more effort to this than MJ himself would. Yes tabloid is trash but - I don't read it so why would I bother.. If people are stupid enough to buy everything they write then it's more their problem than Michaels. And you can see now that people don't care about the tabloid trash as all 50 concerts sold out so fast.

So why bother? really.. screw the tabloids! dont waste your time on them at all!

Chill out. It's all good. Seriously :D

yea i do! lol and i like hp and don't give a rat's tail if mj did but he does but it doesn' tmake me enjoy it any more than before. it's just something we like just like millions out there.

the article is bs it seems but it' snot a big deal. they're all of age

remember what chris colombus said when the first hp came out ? he told mj to stay away from dan radcliffe cuz chris was the director of home alone and obviously mj and mac became great buds but it started then.

so he made some stupid comment saying he hopes dan rad stays away from mj and doesn't get sucked in like mac did. grrrrrrrrrr

Back