50,000 Australian fans want Michael Jackson Oz concerts!

**Tink**

Proud Member
50,000 Australian fans want Michael Jackson Oz concerts

April 02, 2009 12:48pm

A WHOPPING 50,000 Michael Jackson fans in Australia have signed a petition to bring the king of pop Down Under - and more are signing up every day.

After Jackson announced he would hold 50 comeback shows in London, it prompted an online appeal from Aussies eager to see their music hero.
Facebook fan Christos Winter, 19, decided he would use the social networking site to launch the petition and was stunned by the response.
He said: ''In just one week more than 50,000 people have signed up, and each day thousands more are adding their names.''
The man responsible for hit albums Thriller and Bad has been in hot water over recent years for his child sex trial and an incident where he dangled his infant son over a balcony.
Winter says he hopes to match the 80,000 signatures Bob Francis collected in the 1960s to bring the Beatles to Adelaide.
He said: ''I've noticed that a lot of the (petition) members are part of Generation Y, who have seen Jackson on sites such as YouTube, but who have never seen him live in concert.
''Jackson is a natural born performer and I really feel that these fans deserve to live this experience.''
Jackson, 50, has indicated the London shows which start at the O2 arena in July, are the last chance to see him perform but Winter continues to obtain signatures to see if that will change the Superstar's mind.

SOURCE: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003421,00.html

n74566912600_4876.jpg

SIGN PETITION HERE: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74566912600&ref=ts

Last edited:
Aw wow! I hope he does go all over the world, so everyone gets a chance! It's a once in a lifetime thing. :wub:

Its been 12 years since I saw MJ here in Oz and I was only a teen then. Now nearing 30 it would be great to enjoy an MJ show as an adult and with my kids.

I want MJ to come to Oz :boohoo: LOL the British fans are so spoilt! :head_bang:

Last edited:
WOW it would be awesome if similar countries did the same thing, how one for the USA, Japan, Germany?etc

Back