Faith Evans

TillitsGone

Proud Member
I know you don't hear much of her lately, privately publically, but she's made some great music, to me. Underrated definetly, and my fav album is Faithfully. What do you think about her music?

EDIT: I'll have to come back some other time. got problems with a couple of mp3s.

Last edited:
Tryna get these songs to work. Anyway, I know some people wil link er to Biggie Smalls, but I think it overlooks her musical talents. she has a great voice.
Faithfully

You Gets No Love

Last edited:
:clapping:Props to tillitsgone! Soon as I saw this thread, I knew I'd be jump right in and show you appreciation:) I luuuuv her debut CD a lot and dig her vocal. She does fantastic job in constructing background vocal. Very sophisticated and delicately layered and simply beautiful. She's one of my favorite female vocalists of all time.

Here's one of her songs I love so much.

Tears Away (off Hav Plenty soundtrack)
So heartbreaking...:( I cried a lot listening to it. Played it so many times so far and I remember crying more than a few times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyi-vzvXJvg

Why thank you helena. I'm love love love music so I always discover or re-discover, in this case I re-discovered. And i agree, she does some of the best harmonies I've ever heard. Oh how I wish she does another album. :yes:

faith_evans.jpg

Again

Mesmerized

I was and am glad you made this thread:D Yeah I hope she drops her own regular album. She recently recorded new songs for the Nat King Cole duet and the Biggie movie, but it's been a good while since First Lady. I love Again and several others off the album. Heard some folks call it underrated.

I love Faith. She is underrated as a vocalist and songwriter as well. All her albums are good too. My faves are her self titled first album and Faithfully.

by Angela Wilson | September 17, 2019 | BET
Lil+Kim+VH1+Hip+Hop+Honors+90+Game+Changers+7aQv2kZVKUCx.jpg

Faith Evans made a huge announcement during the Notorious B.I.G.’s Ready to Die album mural unveiling in New York City on September 13. The singer reveals she will join fellow icon Lil’ Kim in a co-headlining tour in the near future.

“We’re about to do a tour together, yall! We’re going to do a first ladies tour,” Evans said.

Official tour dates for the collaboration have not yet been announced, but that didn’t stop fans from taking to Twitter to express their excitement over the news.

Faith Evans & Lil’ Kim doing a joint tour.

Evans even presented the Queen Bee with a special award at the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors: All Hail The Queens ceremony the same year, officially burying the hatchet.

The 46-year-old introduced the “Lighters Up” emcee at the event, saying, “The posters for her debut album were unforgettable. She brought sexy to hip hop, first. Lil’ Kim’s debut album Hard Core was the beginning of a new era for freedom for female emcees. She turned sex into power and made no rules. She went toe to toe with Big, she even went toe to toe with me.”

Evans and Kim, born Kimberly Denise Jones, collaborated on “Lovin’ You for Life,” a track on Faith’s 2017 B.I.G. tribute album, The King & I.

Back