HIStory of the Armbrace

mickyj007

Proud Member
I thought I'd start a thread to find out the history of Michael Jackson and his use of the Armbrace. I'd like to know:

- When he first started wearing the white Armbrace, ala the "Black or White" Music Video. I know there is a story behind this, as I have read it years ago before. If I remember correctly it had something to do with one of the staff on set - he/she had a broken arm, Michael saw the arm brace, was intrigued by it, and wanted a replica made for himself to wear in the video.

Is this right? If people can post info on this, that'd be great!!

[url='http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=47543727.jpg' t=_self]
47543727.jpg'
[/url]

Last edited:
Yes your right about the story of someone on the set, at first I belived in it but then again, he used almost simliar black ones in Dirty Diana video, and a similiar one in the Bad video....

Yes your right about the story of someone on the set, at first I belived in it but then again, he used almost simliar black ones in Dirty Diana video, and a similiar one in the Bad video....

I was going to say he used armbraces in the BAD era. So what's the story behind him using them in BAD?

I was going to say he used armbraces in the BAD era. So what's the story behind him using them in BAD?
Vitiligo since it had the most noticeable change during that era (same thing for the finger tape).

The reason I started this thread really is because I've been told by a contact someone has (and is interested in selling) MJ's actual Arm Brace from the Black Or White video.. Apparently MJ gave his own [arm brace] back to the guy who he originally got the idea from, on set.

I'll be looking in to it..

Last edited:
Ok.. I got sent this e-mail from my contact:

Hi again,

Yes, I am looking to sell Michael's armbrace. It's been with me since '91 when his assistant handed it to me behind set. I've treasured it since then, but have decided it should go to a serious collector, someone who has a deeper interest in MJ and his musical memorabilia than myelf.

To answer your questions: yes, it is in worn condition (it has some light brown marking on it). This might have been from the makeup he used during the video shoot. The armbrace is in excellent condition however, and comes with a note from Michael saying thankyou, as you are already aware, he did get the idea off me originally to use this peice to accessorise his black and white outfit! I was very honoured!

If you have any more questions, or know of anyone that may be interested in it, please get back to me. I plan to put it up for auction some stage in the next few weeks.

Kind regards,
Andy.

Back