Any cheap train fares?

swirly

Proud Member
Hello :) I would be so grateful if somebody could help me please.

I need to get a train from Wolverhampton to London (Euston) on the 16th July. We are travelling as a group of 4, I've been on websites The Train Line, National Express and Virgin, and the cheapest tickets I can see are about £40.00 for a return the same night for each of us.

I'd love to get a coach down as I know how cheap they are, but I'm going with a school teacher who cannot get the time off school and we won't be able to leave until about 15:45.. where a coach would be no good.

I have also considered getting a travel card, which would cost me £24.00 for a year and it says that you can get up to 1/3rd off. But would there be much point in me doing that as then my ticket would cost £60+ instead.. I don't generally use trains very often so it's not like I'd be saving any other time.

Does anyone know any other cheap websites for train tickets?

Please help :) Many thanks!!

Hey, not to be a pain in the ass with this reply, but £40 return from Wolverhampton to London is pretty damn exceptional. But if you ask at the desk they sometimes do group discount, and if any of you have student railcards it will bring the ticket down a 1/3 of the price.

that ticket is DIRT cheap. seriously! even if you had a YPT (which i have) it would still cost more than that! it costs about the same as that for a single ticket for a 2hour journey through london to where i live (from where i goto uni) so i'd snap them up fast!

I never realised they were cheap!! Maybe I will then..! I think buying in a group of 4 is knocking the price off a fair bit :) Thanks :)

Well £40 is certainly not 'cheap' but for the prices of trains today all the way from Wolves (congrats on getting promoted by the way) is pretty damn good. Definately ask about group discounts when ur there too :)

I think I will :) Thank you, my boyfriend was off celebrating hardcore last night :lol:

did u put in 2 singles fares or one return? singles are always cheaper

I got a return for July 8th with Virgin Trains from Stoke-on-Trent for £15! ... Bargains are there to be had :)

I got a return for July 8th with Virgin Trains from Stoke-on-Trent for £15! ... Bargains are there to be had :)

I used to go to Staffs uni, for some reason it was always so cheap from there to London! Kind of makes me wish I was still there! From where I live now to London it's about £35 return and I'm so much nearer! Doesn't make sense.

yeah theres lots of deals at the mo. for once with an mj trip we can book in advance instead of him just turning up lol .i have train tickets to london for £9. coming back ill prob just get a funfare on N express as im not sure exactly will ill go home depending on being able to pick tick up for other shows.

God, those tickets are cheap!! Thanks very much for your help, I'll check on LondonMidland :)

Book in advance -you can book 3 months ahead
I have just booked my train ticket for 11AUG London to Leeds 11am in the morning ----13GBP!!!!

anyone wana buy a leeds- london for the 4th july lol dont need it now. at least it only cost me 9 quid

anyone want a leeds to london train tickets for the 17th july?

Back