One More Chance - Victory

IvoryKeys

Proud Member
Does anyone think this song is really the jem of Victory? It has some great qualities to it. That keyboard is really melodic and very addictive to me. I've just been putting that song on repeat constantly for the last couple of days. I'm having a love affair with it! :wub:

Now, I don't have the Victory cd yet, I ganked it off LimeWire for now. Don't fret, I do plan on buying it when I get the chance, lol! But since I don't have a booklet to look off of, is that Randy or Jermaine singing? I honestly can't tell! If it's Randy, man I wish he would've had a better solo career. He just has a fantastic voice, and is one of the more instrumentally talented Jacksons out of the whole family. He could have gone far.

I love "One More Chance". It's the best song on "Victory" as far as i'm concerned and yes that's Randy singing. He wrote the song as well. He did a great job on this one. I love Janet's cover too, great song!

I love this song, this song has to be played once a day. I think Randy did great with this song, he definately deserved a solo career when you hear this great song. Janet did a outstandig cover, the version of Janet is kinda soft. Though I love Randy's version the most:)

Woot! I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this is a killer song! Just hearing Randy's voice in it makes me wonder what could have been for him. Great talent!

And I didn't know Janet made a cover of it. I don't have all her albums yet either, so i'll have to look that one up.

Woot! I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this is a killer song! Just hearing Randy's voice in it makes me wonder what could have been for him. Great talent!

And I didn't know Janet made a cover of it. I don't have all her albums yet either, so i'll have to look that one up.
It's not on her regular albums. There was a deluxe version of the 1993 "Janet" album. It had the regular album & a 2nd CD of remixes and "One More Chance" was an extra track on it. The CDs came in a book cover with some pictures inside. Randy put out an album with his group "The Gypsies" around 1988. But I don't think it got much promotion.

Yeah it was the B side to the "If" Cd Single which i'm looking for online cause i dont have her version of that song!

Great track. I actually love the first half of the Victory album. Torture, Wait, State of Shock and One More Chance I enjoy a good deal. I love the ad-libs on Wait a ton, which is why I always listen to the track all the way through. I'm a bit indifferent to Be Not Always. I appreciate the songwriting and how different it is from most of MJ's other tracks, but its hard for me to go out of my way to listen to.

But yeah, One More Chance is definitely a hidden gem, it should've been a single.

This track from Randy is very smooth and easy listening. Great lyrics too.
He displays his vocal abilities quite well on there. I also like Janet's cover version. Great tune. :)

One More Chance

I think it's interesting that The Jackson 5, The Jacksons, & Michael solo have a song called One More Chance but are all different.

DuranDuran;4232277 said:
I think it's interesting that The Jackson 5, The Jacksons, & Michael solo have a song called One More Chance but are all different.

I think that´s interesting too! I love that song very much. I also love Torture, Wait and Be Not Always. Wait I think it´s a good surprise from Jackie, I love how he and Michael sing together.

Back