MJ's cameo appearences in movies...why ?

Screamin

Proud Member
I just cant get my head around the fact that MJ does these little cameos in these films
He appeared in MIB 2 in a brief cameo as agent MJ but the he appeared yet again as agent MJ in a movie called miss castaway which was later renamed Silly Movie 2.
MJ is the biggest star on this planet and shouldnt be making brief cameo appearences on cheap low budget movies like Miss Castaway.
Why ?

With Men In Black 2, I guess Michael was just a fan of the film and properbly is friends with the director or producers. And I guess with Miss Castaway, which is a strange choice of a film for Michael to do a cameo in is because he's a friend of the director ?

Miss Castaway was the worst movie i've ever seen and deeply regret I bought it! :lol:

Also he was in "Free to be...You and Me" which isnt much known among fans...at least i only knew about it a few months ago..

With Men In Black 2, I guess Michael was just a fan of the film and properbly is friends with the director or producers. And I guess with Miss Castaway, which is a strange choice of a film for Michael to do a cameo in is because he's a friend of the director ?
I think what you said is probably true. Appearing as cameos has a lot to do with friendships or work relationships (past&present) in the industry. Michael has worked in the showbiz for a long long time and knows a lot of people directly or indirectly and must have been given such requests many times.

And we're long overdue for a Rush hour cameo :lol:
^^^that would be awesome

I think he does that short appearances because he loves movies and he hasn't the time to make more movies like Moonwalker and the Wizz. A day has only 24 hours and he is interested in so many things, so mainly concentrates on music on dancing, but when he has a few free minutes he uses the time to make movie appearances. He is a restless driven man

Concerning his cameo appearance in the ‘Men In Black II’ film, the reason was that Michael Jackson wanted desperately to wear that black suit in the film.

So, he asked the film’s director Barry Sonnenfeld to appear just as a cameo in that film wearing that black suit.

“… Jackson said he would love to be in 'Men In Black II' wearing the black suit, all that mattered to him was that he wore that black suit …" (Barry Sonnenfeld, BBC News, 2002)

Barry Sonnenfeld also revealed in that interview that he actually wanted Michael Jackson for his first ‘Men In Black’ film (1997) to star as one of the protagonists (alien character).

But Michael Jackson rejected the director’s offer because he did not want to appear in the first film as an alien.

Michael Jackson was feeling particularly uncomfortable and self-conscious about his physical look/face during those years, so he thought people would begin making alien jokes about him if he starred as an alien in the first film.

mj_frenzy;4272882 said:
Barry Sonnenfeld also revealed in that interview that he actually wanted Michael Jackson for his first ‘Men In Black’ film (1997) to star as one of the protagonists (alien character).

None of the protagonists (meaning lead roles) are aliens in the film. So is this your bad memory / lack of knowledge about this movie leading to false speculation presented as fact, or is it part of what the director actually said?

mj_frenzy;4272882 said:
Michael Jackson was feeling particularly uncomfortable and self-conscious about his physical look/face during those years, so he thought people would begin making alien jokes about him if he starred as an alien in the first film.

Is that a quote from someone, or once again your fantasy speculation presented as fact?

Man In Black 1 came out in 1997, years before Michael became obviously insecure about his looks (after the dramatic "adjustments" to his nose and lips made in late 1999~2000). Until October 1997 Michael was still on the HIStory Tour, so it's very possible that he simply didn't have the time to participate in the movie. (Next to possibly not liking the offered role anyway.)

See? It would really help if you would finally learn how to clearly differentiate between actual quotes and your additional fan speculation in your posts. IF it's not asked too much, that, no matter what MJ books you read, you realize that YOU are nothing but a FAN without first hand knowledge, like EVERYONE else here.

Last edited:
Michael always wanted to do movies. sadly i think why Michael didn't do a lot of movies because what was going on during the time. tours, people telling fake lies on him, and so on.

he always wanted to start in movies. while he did get that chance with the wiz,captain eo, and the moonwalker. he could of did so much more that he want it. it's sad he never got that but at least he did some movies and got some cameos.

I'm sorry but miss cast away sucked. Michael was only there for a good while and that was it. love Michael but the movie was terrible.

Back