Wham!- Blue (Armed With Love)

mj_brainiac

Proud Member
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvjGEkte0sE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvjGEkte0sE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've never heard this version, I only know the live version from the "Music From The Edge Of Heaven" album. It reminds me of the song "Tonight Is The Night" by Betty Wright in that I didn't even know there was a studio version until years later. I had only heard the live version of Betty's song. In the case of "Blue", I didn't know the song was this early, the "Edge Of Heaven" came out in 1986. This must be a b-side or something, because it's not on any of their albums.

I stumbled upon this clip about a week ago, first time ever I've ever heard the studio version with the verses included:)

Blue was the B-side to Club Tropicana back in 82-83, Wham!'s 4th single - it is included on the vinyl version of "The Final" too - thing is thou, the studio version is pretty much a Dub version (no verses, just the back vocals and it ends off with the chorus repeated until fade out).

George has done this track live thou several times, one of my favorite tracks:)

"The Final" wasn't released in the USA. There was a VHS tape called "The Final" that had a few music videos on it though, but not an album.

^^

Too bad it wasn't released, not that anyone was missing out thou - it was basiclly a compilation of their 12" mixes, including the tracks from "Music from the Edge of Heaven"..

This is the version on the "Edge Of Heaven" album, but on the album he says "This is a song that's very personal to me. It's called Blue" at the beginning.

^^

I know :) I have that mini vinyl set too. Been a huge Wham!/George fan since my early teens..

"The Final" wasn't released in the USA. There was a VHS tape called "The Final" that had a few music videos on it though, but not an album.
Yes it was, but under "Music From The Edge of Heaven"

For the US release, they removed all of the greatest hits and added Blue

The Final (Vinyl Version)

• Side One

1. "Wham Rap! (Enjoy What You Do)" (Michael, Ridgeley) - 6:43
  2. "Young Guns (Go For It!)" (Michael) - 5:09
  3. "Bad Boys (12" Version)" (Michael) - 4:52
  4. "Club Tropicana" (Michael, Ridgeley) - 4:25

• Side Two

1. "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" (Michael) - 3:51
  2. "Careless Whisper (12" Version)" (Michael, Ridgeley) - 6:30
  3. "Freedom" (Michael) -5:20
  4. "Last Christmas (Pudding Mix)" (Michael) - 6:47

• Side Three

1. "Everything She Wants (Remix)" (Michael) - 6:30
  2. "I'm Your Man (Extended Stimulation)" (Michael) - 6:50
  3. "Blue (Armed With Love)" (Michael) - 3:50

• Side Four

1. "A Different Corner" (Michael) - 3:59
  2. "Battlestations" (Michael) - 5:27
  3. "Where Did Your Heart Go?" (Was, Was) - 5:45
  4. "The Edge of Heaven" (Michael) - 4:37

Music From The Edge of Heaven

• Cool Side

1. "A Different Corner" - 4:30
  2. "Blue (Live In China)" - 5:43
  3. "Where Did Your Heart Go?" - 5:43
  4. "Last Christmas (Pudding Mix)" - 6:44

• Hot Side

1. "The Edge of Heaven" - 4:31
  2. "Battlestations" - 5:25
  3. "I'm Your Man (Extended Simulation)" - 6:05
  4. "Wham Rap '86" - 6:33

Eight Days A Week

Here's George appearing on a review show in 1984 with Morrissey

1983 interview

Here's an early audio interview from the Fantastic era.

Andrew Ridgeley, Shirlie Holliman, Pepsi DeMacque - 2017 Brit Awards

Re: Andrew Ridgeley, Shirlie Holliman, Pepsi DeMacque - 2017 Brit Awards

release: October 8, 2019
tumblr_py6wwcTsM51rw606ko1_r1_540.jpg

For the first time, Andrew Ridgeley—one half of one of the most famous bands in the world—tells the inside story of Wham!, his lifelong friendship with George Michael, and the formation of a band that changed the shape of the music scene in the early eighties.

In 1975 Andrew took a shy new boy at school under his wing. They instantly hit it off, and their boyhood escapades at Bushy Meads School built a bond that was never broken. The duo found themselves riding an astonishing roller coaster of success, taking them all over the world. They made and broke iconic records, they were treated like gods, but they stayed true to their friendship and ultimately to themselves. It was a party that seemed as if it would never end. And then it did, in front of tens of thousands of tearful fans at Wembley Stadium in 1986.

Andrew’s memoir covers in wonderful detail those years, up until that last iconic concert: the scrapes, the laughs, the relationships, the good, and the bad. It’s a unique and one-and-only time to remember that era, that band, and those boys.

by Claire Shaffer | December 16, 2019 | Rolling Stone
Wham!’s Last Christmas has gotten a holiday makeover. A 4k restoration of the music video for the iconic Eighties Christmas song is now available on YouTube, provided by the original director Andy Morahan.

The clip for Last Christmas was originally filmed in 1984 at a Swiss resort called Saas-Fee, and features Wham! members George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley alongside backing singers Pepsi and Shirlie, model Kathy Hill, Spandau Ballet bassist Martin Kemp and many of their friends.

The Wham! YouTube page has also shared a 35th anniversary “behind the video” feature.
This year saw the release of Last Christmas, a romantic comedy starring Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding that was inspired by the Wham! classic. The soundtrack for the film features songs by Wham! and George Michael, including the never-before-released Michael song, This Is How (We Want You to Get High). To celebrate the film’s release, Clarke helped lead a live sing-a-long of Last Christmas in London’s Covent Garden earlier this month.

Last edited:
Loose Women: Andrew Ridgeley on His Friendship With George Michael

new 4K videos
The little dialogue part at the beginning of The Edge Of Heaven is left off. I still have the old VHS compilation of their music videos.

Back