Need some info about prices in London

Remyisme

Proud Member
Can anyone of people, that live in London, tell me about prices of things? Is it possible, to find things like I donno, soup, deodorants... shirts for girls, panties may be, for cheap, like up to 5 GBP maximum, even less? What are the usual prices of this things?

Also are there any good restaurants that you can eat only up to 15.80, or at least 23.71? or is it only in Mac?

Last edited:
It just depends on what you want really.

In terms of clothing you could go to somewhere like Primark and get something really cheap, and completely reasonable for the price. You can get a shirt here for like i dunno £3 and a pair of jeans for about £8. The you could go to somewhere like Next or H&M and pay anything from £10 for a shirt to £30 for a pair of jeans. Panties/briefs/knickers you can get from these places too and also a whole heap of others.

As for foods and all of that you can go to any Tesco, or Sainsbury, Asda or whatever for basic food and toiletries and that. You can pick up a spray can of deodorant for something like £1.50. Food isn't all that expensive if you know where to look.
A lot of places have sandwiches for sale but I personally feel they charge way too much for them as theyre usually about £2.80 or something. Whereas you can go to Subway and get a nice freshly made roll there for about the same.

Theres the usual McDonalds, KFC and Burger King. To give an around about price for these. mmmm you can get a regular fries for 99p. A meal can be from £3.50 to £5 or £6 depends on what you get. You can also get salads and stuff from McDonalds, a friend of mine went and got one the other day.

It's all up to what you want to buy really. But there is the cheaper options there if you want them.

Also for food, it is nice to go to a restaurant and everything and some places - I know theres a really nice Italian pasta and pizza place near the Embankment tube station which is rather cheap. I got a pizza there once and I think it was only about £7. Don't forget you have to add a tip though.

Hope this was of some help

Last edited:
thank you that was helpful, but, about the tips in restaurants, is it like a must? do you have to do it in every restaurant?

I always ever thought this was only an American thing but no they do tip here as with the majority of Europe.
Generally its only about £3-5.

You don't have to I suppose but it's up to you.

And also remember that its only restaurants and perhaps cab's. This does NOT include places like McDonalds etc

CLOTHERS = go to primark( cheap but bloody good)
everywhere else is over priced.

Bloody england. lol

FOOD = subway (really well priced)

KFC isnt too bad or MCdonalds

TESCO is good, really good prices and really good stuff.

:)

Thank you Laura and diviantalana, I hope the Primark store has petit sizes, I wear shirts, like XS, glad to know, that it's not a must to leave a tip.

hank you that was helpful, but, about the tips in restaurants, is it like a must? do you have to do it in every restaurant?
no you dont really tip as much in the uk like in the usa or in europe where its seen as the norm. its not seen as something u must do. if u get good service and want to tip then fine do it if u dont want to tip then u dont. some places include a service charge anyway which is the tip already put on your bill.

TESCO is good, really good prices and really good stuff.

:)

Hehehe when I was there, most of the times my lunch would be those cups with pasta. As I love pasta, that was a cheap and delicious option for me to eat at low prices. :p

The funny thing is I still keep one of those plastic bendable forks as a "souvenir" :D

Back