I am nervous and angry to death.... please pray that we get our votes back...

I am assuming it is this. (yes, the election in Iran)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/17/iran.elections.rallies/index.html

This is an incredible and dangerous situation where it seems that an election was stolen and the people's voices were NOT heard. People are risking their lives to protest an election that seems not to have been legitimate. It is an international scandal, and I do think that we should stand behind the Iranian people in spirit.

I also hope that MichaelsGuardianAngel will be careful, and safe. Please hold her in your prayers.

I am assuming it is this. (yes, the election in Iran)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/17/iran.elections.rallies/index.html

This is an incredible and dangerous situation where it seems that an election was stolen and the people's voices were NOT heard. People are risking their lives to protest an election that seems not to have been legitimate. It is an international scandal, and I do think that we should stand behind the Iranian people in spirit.

I also hope that MichaelsGuardianAngel will be careful, and safe. Please hold her in your prayers.

Oh! that's what this post is about....yes, I hope that everyone in Iran will get their voices heard. It is a scandal...!!

Yes the election in iran.
not only were the votes stolen but we are humiliated. 1 to 2 million people protested on monday peacefully but the president called us "a bunch of dirt and dust!"

:eek:

Iran has been ruled by liars for 30 years but this man lies as huge as this world.

also hope that MichaelsGuardianAngel will be careful, and safe. Please hold her in your prayers.
but please be careful and take care of yourself? OK?

thank you.
OK. I will do try to be specially because i have :heart:Michael Jackson's concert to visit. I do try not to be arrested cause then all will be loooooost.

however i do not have much hope that i will get the visa.

ANYWAY, in God be believe :yes: :flowers:

Yes the election in iran.
not only were the votes stolen but we are humiliated. 1 to 2 million people protested on monday peacefully but the president called us "a bunch of dirt and dust!"

:eek:

Iran has been ruled by liars for 30 years but this man lies as huge as this world.

thank you.
OK. I will do try to be specially because i have :heart:Michael Jackson's concert to visit. I do try not to be arrested cause then all will be loooooost.

however i do not have much hope that i will get the visa.

ANYWAY, in God be believe :yes: :flowers:

I am praying that everything works out for you. God bless.:angel:

:angel::angel:please stay safe MichaelsGuardianAngel....know that we are all praying for a swift and safe conclusion to this mess in Iran....please take care and keep us updated ok?

You're in my prayers, hun :better: Please, please stay safe. I can't believe the stuff that's going on over there. It's outrageous!

What is happening in Iran is quite extraordinary! Anyone over there, please be careful and stay safe? (News coverage is censored there, but CNN online has news.)

Blessings,

Victoria

think we should merge the two threads in the support forum about ppl in Iran? basically the same topic, isn't it?!

That's only what evil ppl want you to believe... but don't ever let them fool you, don't let them win because there's always hope. If you give up hope, they would win.
If you do not give up, you will finally succeed. In your darkest hour you need to look into your heart, I know it's there, lots of hope. Keep the faith!!!

No, because they can't. They can and do kill ppl and that's heartbreaking.
But they can't destroy hope.
Those ppl who've died, died because they've believed in their rights and their freedom. Those ideas didn't die with them.
Even if this protest should be turned down violently, believe me there will come a new one.
Because those ppl who've been killed yet, will not be forgotten and that's why their ideas and ideals and values will live on forever. They didn't die senseless... they didn't. Really keep the faith.
They want to scare you and yes they want to kill you because they want to break them. Don't risk too much MichaelsGuardianAngel! But please know also they can't take away the spirit, they can't destroy they spirit those ppl who are dead now left to the world. Keep the faith, always.

thank u.... u made me feel better... :yes:

i really am loosing hope, i am forgetting how hope looks like but i try not to.

:pray:

First of all you should know how much impact what your people have already done is having both in your country and the world. Iran is changed forever by what you/your people have done. Ahmedinejab will never be able to be quite as reckless or extreme again. If Khemenei is not replaced he will still always feel he is about to be. It is because of the courage of your people to speak out.

As to what you have done: I printed out your description of "what you did last night" and showed it to some friends of mine. I wanted them to be fully aware of what was happening. They were stunned, even though these were intelligent people who are usually very aware of what is going on in the world they were not as aware as they should have been until they read it. "It is very powerful" is what one of them said after reading it. I could see on their faces how effected they were by what you wrote because now it was no longer abstract. So you see, you are very important. You have done a lot. The people shouting on the roofs at night are also doing a lot. I know some have died. There are always some. When my country fought its civil war 34,000 men died in one battle alone so that everyone could be free. Hopefully there will be no more in your country than the few who have already died (even one is too many) but I do not believe their actions were in vain.

I would like to share two things I read today. They are from people who have felt impacted by what they have seen and felt a need to write about it. Both articles made me cry, but as you said about what you wrote I am not trying to make you cry. I want you to know how powerful what has happened already and the sacrifice and bravery of your people is. What Mechi said about hope is very very wise. If you keep your hope you have won. Your leaders know that. So should you.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/6/21/745286/-why-neda-matters-(updated)
why neda matters (updated)
by sunspark says
Share this on Twitter - why neda matters (updated) Sun Jun 21, 2009 at 03:58:22 PM PDT
I hesitated to click on the link.

Warning, it read: graphic video.

And I know myself, the woman who still, to this day, has tremendous difficulties with images of 9-11. But half a world away there were people who were suffering. Half a world away there were people whose peaceful demonstrations against a dictatorial regime that had stolen what had had been alleged to be a democratic election was suddenly turning violent, was suddenly turning deadly. I had been watching it all day in various forms: photography that had slipped out through the net, videos of clashes with the police, articles and live blogs that discussed the turmoil and the chaos.

And then there was this link. A woman dying in the street, it said. On camera, it said. Don't click it, I told myself.

But I did.

sunspark says's diary :: :: The video is indeed horrific and graphic. It begins just after Neda is shot, as several people, screaming, help her off to the side of the street. They lay her down, her father bending over her pleading in Farsi, "Neda, don't be afraid. Neda, don't be afraid. Neda, stay with me. Neda stay with me!" On camera, blood pours from her mouth, her nose, her eyes as she dies.

I am not embedding it here, but if you wish to see it, follow this link and scroll down to 10:22 AM Sat: Neda's death.

So why did I click on that link? Why did I make the conscious decision to watch something I knew would haunt me? Why did I choose to bring myself to tears yet again. knowing that these would likely be the kind of tears that never would leave?

Probably for the same reason that, in the wake of 9-11, I did watch that raw video footage shot by the documentary maker who was following that first-responder fireman that day. I have tears in my eyes right now even writing about it, but I sat through every painful second of it because thousands of people died there and thousands more lived through it and tens of thousands had their lives directly affected by it and in some way I believed I owed it to them. My comfortable life had not been broken by crashing airplanes. My family had not been touched. My world had not suddenly shattered beyond comprehension. The least I could do was bear witness.

So I watched that video then, as I watch the videos now.

In the course of yesterday I also watched (or more accurately listened) to two more videos whose power broke me down. They were not the various and seemingly endless videos of the Basij attacking demonstrators. They were each shot from rooftops or balconies. Their tones were completely different but they each conveyed the pain of the loss of safety, a pain that Americans should find so terribly, terribly familiar.

The first shows people running and chasing each other and a couple (the film-makers) commenting in Farsi. I do not know what they are saying; I have seen no transcript of this. But it does not matter. Listen to the woman. Listen to her pained, and then panicked, voice. Listen to her shock and horror as she cries and screams in the end in the one part for which I do know the translation: "They are breaking into homes! They're destroying everything!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogEqQBmr-9Y&feature=player_embedded

The other video is a quiet one, a nighttime video that has already come to be known as "Poem For the Rooftops of Iran." This video--all but invisible--is full of the background noises of a city under siege. And quietly, in the foreground, a woman's voice speaks softly powerful words that we too might ask in similar circumstances: how can this happen here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUZuv6_bus&feature=player_embedded

I clicked on Neda's final moments, despite the absolute knowledge that I would wish I had not seen them, because in this rare personal finality, in the death of this girl who, I understood at first, was only 16 years old, I think there is the symbol for all of the freedom struggles everywhere. I clicked on it because my own daughters are 14 and 17, and I cannot imagine life without them, and when they strike out for some cause they believe in whether it is gay rights or environmental issues or what have you I never have to imagine holding their bleeding bodies in the streets. I clicked on it because too many people try to make political hay out of personal nightmares, and I need to remember what we all need to remember: the horror and pain in Neda's father's voice.

That is the cost of tyranny. That is the cost of war. That is the cost of oppression.

And even as I finish this, knowing that more Nedas will die before this struggle ends and that this is only one of many struggles before the world can find that elusive, impossible notion of peace that we all pray for, I know that I clicked on Neda's final moments as a stark reminder.

This is the price of freedom.

But why...why...does it have to be so?

***UPDATE: Corrected reference to Neda's age. An early and erroneous report had her at 16, but she was in fact a 27-year-old philosophy student.

And this:

http://www.iranian.com/main/node/68865
Iran's Rosa Parks
by Fred
21-Jun-2009

If pictures speak a thousand words, hundreds upon hundreds of video clips speak of trillions of words. It is undeniable; The Islamist republic of Iran is in trouble, deep trouble at that. And the kicker is the misogynist par excellence Islamist republic is being challenged not just by ordinary men but by women as well, you know the ones who are half the men, the ones who have been the special target of Islamists’ venom for the past thirty years.

There are those in the West who are somewhat surprised of the active, at times leading role the Iranian women play in the current gathering storm. If only they knew the role of women in the history of Persia, or given a slight chance their potential to achieve the unimaginable, they would have not been surprised at all.

There is no need to go back to antiquity, although there are plenty of examples there too, or go back hundreds of years to Safarid dynasty, just take a look at the crucial role the woman of Persia have played in the long march to achieve freedom for all of Iran in the past century.

Women of Tabriz and elsewhere took up arms and eventually defeated the almighty forces of the tyranny. Iranian women have always, always been at the heart of social/political movements of Iran. For love of God, given the freedom in the West, a self made immigrant Iranian woman went to space.
And now, seeing them in all their elegant Persian uniqueness standing up to Islamist cutthroats eyeball to eyeball, even at time shielding them from the vengeance of the angry crowds, one knows the days of the Islamists oppressing Iran is numbered. What Iranian men have individually known, and most have denied it openly, whoever crosses an Iranian woman has dug his own grave. The Islamist republic has crossed Iranian women for the past thirty years, world; meet millions-strong Iranian Rosa Parks.

So you see how powerful you really are both yourself and together with others?

I wish I could help. I want you and your people to be both safe and free. I think you are all incredible. Hugs.

E.C., thank you for this wonderful piece of writing! And for your empathy for this situation in Iran.

GuardianAngel, please check in here as soon as you are able? Let us know you are ok?

GuardianAngel, like to ask your permission to send some of what you've written here to friends of mine? I think it would help them understand the situation from a human perspective. The more support there is, the better the chances? I wouldn't give your name or anything, but your words?

Stay safe. Be strong.

Victoria

E.C., thank you for this wonderful piece of writing! And for your empathy for this situation in Iran.

GuardianAngel, please check in here as soon as you are able? Let us know you are ok?

GuardianAngel, like to ask your permission to send some of what you've written here to friends of mine? I think it would help them understand the situation from a human perspective. The more support there is, the better the chances? I wouldn't give your name or anything, but your words?

Stay safe. Be strong.

Victoria
It is hard not to be empathetic if you understand what is happening.

Yes. It is best to ask permission to share any of what GuardianAngel wrote. You are right to do so and I should have as well even for the limited way I used it. Just so GuardianAngel knows, I gave no identifying information and did not leave the printout with anyone either. It should certainly not go into an e-mail without permission as there is a potential risk there to go along with the potential to create empathy and it is not our risk to take.

thank u.... u made me feel better... :yes:

i really am loosing hope, i am forgetting how hope looks like but i try not to.

:pray:

How could anyone blame you. Your situation is incredible scary and unbearable. Non of us can imagine such I guess.
But what I've said was proven true before by ppl like Martin Luther King or Ghandi.
Hope is the most precious and it is not to kill.
You can give up hope and again I wouldn't blame you but please know it will come back.

Those killing will end in dispair when they'll finally understand.

I'm praying for you and your ppl a few times every day!
Please stay save!!! You guys are the true heroes of this world these times!!! We all admire you!!! The ppl killed will never be forgotten!!!

sure pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee do... i beg you to do.

we so need our voices to be heard.

First of all you should know how much impact what your people have already done is having both in your country and the world. Iran is changed forever by what you/your people have done. Ahmedinejab will never be able to be quite as reckless or extreme again. If Khemenei is not replaced he will still always feel he is about to be. It is because of the courage of your people to speak out.

As to what you have done: I printed out your description of "what you did last night" and showed it to some friends of mine. I wanted them to be fully aware of what was happening. They were stunned, even though these were intelligent people who are usually very aware of what is going on in the world they were not as aware as they should have been until they read it. "It is very powerful" is what one of them said after reading it. I could see on their faces how effected they were by what you wrote because now it was no longer abstract. So you see, you are very important. You have done a lot. The people shouting on the roofs at night are also doing a lot. I know some have died. There are always some. When my country fought its civil war 34,000 men died in one battle alone so that everyone could be free. Hopefully there will be no more in your country than the few who have already died (even one is too many) but I do not believe their actions were in vain.

I would like to share two things I read today. They are from people who have felt impacted by what they have seen and felt a need to write about it. Both articles made me cry, but as you said about what you wrote I am not trying to make you cry. I want you to know how powerful what has happened already and the sacrifice and bravery of your people is. What Mechi said about hope is very very wise. If you keep your hope you have won. Your leaders know that. So should you.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/6/21/745286/-why-neda-matters-(updated)
why neda matters (updated)
by sunspark says
Share this on Twitter - why neda matters (updated) Sun Jun 21, 2009 at 03:58:22 PM PDT
I hesitated to click on the link.

Warning, it read: graphic video.

And I know myself, the woman who still, to this day, has tremendous difficulties with images of 9-11. But half a world away there were people who were suffering. Half a world away there were people whose peaceful demonstrations against a dictatorial regime that had stolen what had had been alleged to be a democratic election was suddenly turning violent, was suddenly turning deadly. I had been watching it all day in various forms: photography that had slipped out through the net, videos of clashes with the police, articles and live blogs that discussed the turmoil and the chaos.

And then there was this link. A woman dying in the street, it said. On camera, it said. Don't click it, I told myself.

But I did.

sunspark says's diary :: :: The video is indeed horrific and graphic. It begins just after Neda is shot, as several people, screaming, help her off to the side of the street. They lay her down, her father bending over her pleading in Farsi, "Neda, don't be afraid. Neda, don't be afraid. Neda, stay with me. Neda stay with me!" On camera, blood pours from her mouth, her nose, her eyes as she dies.

I am not embedding it here, but if you wish to see it, follow this link and scroll down to 10:22 AM Sat: Neda's death.

So why did I click on that link? Why did I make the conscious decision to watch something I knew would haunt me? Why did I choose to bring myself to tears yet again. knowing that these would likely be the kind of tears that never would leave?

Probably for the same reason that, in the wake of 9-11, I did watch that raw video footage shot by the documentary maker who was following that first-responder fireman that day. I have tears in my eyes right now even writing about it, but I sat through every painful second of it because thousands of people died there and thousands more lived through it and tens of thousands had their lives directly affected by it and in some way I believed I owed it to them. My comfortable life had not been broken by crashing airplanes. My family had not been touched. My world had not suddenly shattered beyond comprehension. The least I could do was bear witness.

So I watched that video then, as I watch the videos now.

In the course of yesterday I also watched (or more accurately listened) to two more videos whose power broke me down. They were not the various and seemingly endless videos of the Basij attacking demonstrators. They were each shot from rooftops or balconies. Their tones were completely different but they each conveyed the pain of the loss of safety, a pain that Americans should find so terribly, terribly familiar.

The first shows people running and chasing each other and a couple (the film-makers) commenting in Farsi. I do not know what they are saying; I have seen no transcript of this. But it does not matter. Listen to the woman. Listen to her pained, and then panicked, voice. Listen to her shock and horror as she cries and screams in the end in the one part for which I do know the translation: "They are breaking into homes! They're destroying everything!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogEqQBmr-9Y&feature=player_embedded

The other video is a quiet one, a nighttime video that has already come to be known as "Poem For the Rooftops of Iran." This video--all but invisible--is full of the background noises of a city under siege. And quietly, in the foreground, a woman's voice speaks softly powerful words that we too might ask in similar circumstances: how can this happen here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUZuv6_bus&feature=player_embedded

I clicked on Neda's final moments, despite the absolute knowledge that I would wish I had not seen them, because in this rare personal finality, in the death of this girl who, I understood at first, was only 16 years old, I think there is the symbol for all of the freedom struggles everywhere. I clicked on it because my own daughters are 14 and 17, and I cannot imagine life without them, and when they strike out for some cause they believe in whether it is gay rights or environmental issues or what have you I never have to imagine holding their bleeding bodies in the streets. I clicked on it because too many people try to make political hay out of personal nightmares, and I need to remember what we all need to remember: the horror and pain in Neda's father's voice.

That is the cost of tyranny. That is the cost of war. That is the cost of oppression.

And even as I finish this, knowing that more Nedas will die before this struggle ends and that this is only one of many struggles before the world can find that elusive, impossible notion of peace that we all pray for, I know that I clicked on Neda's final moments as a stark reminder.

This is the price of freedom.

But why...why...does it have to be so?

***UPDATE: Corrected reference to Neda's age. An early and erroneous report had her at 16, but she was in fact a 27-year-old philosophy student.

And this:

http://www.iranian.com/main/node/68865
Iran's Rosa Parks
by Fred
21-Jun-2009

If pictures speak a thousand words, hundreds upon hundreds of video clips speak of trillions of words. It is undeniable; The Islamist republic of Iran is in trouble, deep trouble at that. And the kicker is the misogynist par excellence Islamist republic is being challenged not just by ordinary men but by women as well, you know the ones who are half the men, the ones who have been the special target of Islamists’ venom for the past thirty years.

There are those in the West who are somewhat surprised of the active, at times leading role the Iranian women play in the current gathering storm. If only they knew the role of women in the history of Persia, or given a slight chance their potential to achieve the unimaginable, they would have not been surprised at all.

There is no need to go back to antiquity, although there are plenty of examples there too, or go back hundreds of years to Safarid dynasty, just take a look at the crucial role the woman of Persia have played in the long march to achieve freedom for all of Iran in the past century.

Women of Tabriz and elsewhere took up arms and eventually defeated the almighty forces of the tyranny. Iranian women have always, always been at the heart of social/political movements of Iran. For love of God, given the freedom in the West, a self made immigrant Iranian woman went to space.
And now, seeing them in all their elegant Persian uniqueness standing up to Islamist cutthroats eyeball to eyeball, even at time shielding them from the vengeance of the angry crowds, one knows the days of the Islamists oppressing Iran is numbered. What Iranian men have individually known, and most have denied it openly, whoever crosses an Iranian woman has dug his own grave. The Islamist republic has crossed Iranian women for the past thirty years, world; meet millions-strong Iranian Rosa Parks.

So you see how powerful you really are both yourself and together with others?

I wish I could help. I want you and your people to be both safe and free. I think you are all incredible. Hugs.

u so helped :):yes::angel:

i read word by word and i am touched.... thank u for the symphaty, the beatiful writting :flowers:

thank u alllllllllllllll those shared symphaty, and the beautiful words, i so need it.

How could anyone blame you. Your situation is incredible scary and unbearable. Non of us can imagine such I guess.
But what I've said was proven true before by ppl like Martin Luther King or Ghandi.
Hope is the most precious and it is not to kill.
You can give up hope and again I wouldn't blame you but please know it will come back.
Those killing will end in dispair when they'll finally understand.
I'm praying for you and your ppl a few times every day!
Please stay save!!! You guys are the true heroes of this world these times!!! We all admire you!!! The ppl killed will never be forgotten!!!

u so give me hope... :yes:

Last edited:
TODAY of REPORT: monday!

I am alive!

many peoplegathered around 2 different squares, (2000, more or less) but due to the huge numbers of security forces, (basij, Sepah, police and some people who wears ordinary outfits, no uniform and no one knows who the hell they are even the goverment!!!) people could not join.

like the day before, secutiry forces did not let more than 3 people to stand together closely. they scattered people sternly.
every 4 people together were asked to scatter and....
that's all i know so far...

at Sunday, there was not much violance but tear guns were shot and gunshots in the air. no beating or killing thanks God.

I am not sure about today...

something i think i must share is that peaceful gatherings in streets is totally legal based on the islmic laws of my country. and no organ is allowed to oppose.

But since the superme leader on friday said that "it must end" the law suddenly changed!
he is the law!

dictator, he can't stand any oppostion and wish all people to sing his praises only.
and they call it democracy! :angry:

Last edited:
Back