Thread: # Message from Heal The World Foundation

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: # Message from Heal The World Foundation

Heal the Kids was an initiative developed by Heal the World Foundation (i.e. with Michael) in 2000, a couple of years before they lost their tax status.

As for the "officially notified" that it's not legit comments on the other site, I wrote to them wanting to know WHO notified them. So far I haven't heard back. This is important to me to find out what the heck it going on!

We're Sending Out a Major Love! ~ Every 25th @ 2:00pm PT
    Monthly global prayer/meditation in honor of MJ (mjjc thread)
    www.MajorLovePrayer.org | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,160 Times in 2,358 Posts

What beautiful letters.
    Michael's kind and generous soul. Bless him.

Missing Michael.....

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Does anyone know why Michael's Heal The World Foundation and/or Heal the Kids were stopped?
    We are here to change the world

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I started a thread on this the other day as I wanted to know what the status was as well.

Michael started the heal the world and it closed its doors from I understand financial reasons in 2004 just before the trials.

But HTWF say Michael wanted to keep it going, and had put in thousands of dollars to keep it going. I don't believe Michael would have turned his back on it. it was close to his heart.

Here is the current statement and explanation

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/h...hMelissaJohnso
    Last edited by Gaiaschild; 02-08-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I think it's strange that an explanation about the current status of the foundation is available only to current and new members. All their actions are shrouded in a fog and that smells bad to me. If they are serious about being a genuine charity, they should have their ish in order. Having the right papers and possible certifications. And not relying on tear pulling letters for support, but by an open attitude, not hiding in vagueness.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Angry Re: # Message from Heal The World Foundation

the link doesn't work. another organization who have taken Michael's kindness as weakness... *sigh*
    "The key to being
    a wonderful writer is not to write.
    Leave room for God to walk in the room.
    You just get out of the way."

MICHAEL JACKSON
    ON THE CREATIVE PROCESS

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

http://healtheworld.us/members/htwf

There are a few sites popping up recently claiming to be donating money to the foundation for selling of various goods and services. Please be careful as a many of them are not NOT approved by the charity.

We have created this section of the website to outline the third party members, private companies and individual supporters that ARE endorsed by the Heal the World Foundation. If you have found a site that is not on this list please get in contact with us here and we will try and look into it for you.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aengil View Post
    Hrm... well, they say they've been 'officially notified' that it's not legitimate but they don't say by who, so it's hard to say how accurate that might be!

From the Foundation side though, there's an 'MJFans interview with Melissa Johnson' on the healtheworld.us site - it looks like you need to create an account on the site to view it directly, but you can view it without an account through google's cache.:
    http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache...hMelissaJohnso

There's a lot of information there. I haven't investigated it to see how accurate it is, but it looks to me like basically the 'old' Heal the World Foundation collapsed, and a 'new' one was set up to try to carry on the work, seemingly with Michael's approval if not his active involvement.
    again, more informattion FROM the PResident, from HTWF but nothing WITH michael jackson, regarding them or his resubmergence with them? why would fans ask her questions, either before or after his death. why is there NO interview WITH jackson, on HTWF or regarding HTWF? well after the failed extortion attempts, the trials, etc. he got back on track and was doing his charity and humanitarian efforts around the world, so why is there no interview WITH him, regarding this HTWF on their own website? having fans ask Q & A with the President just doesn't cut as facts for me, sorry.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Check out this thread: Michael's Heal the World Charity... http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=72888

We're Sending Out a Major Love! ~ Every 25th @ 2:00pm PT
    Monthly global prayer/meditation in honor of MJ (mjjc thread)
    www.MajorLovePrayer.org | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Lovely heart warming statements there Very touching and admire them for the work they did with Michael. I'm just saddened that there is an air of uncertainty about their dealings

"I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart."

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Hi Everybody,

I'm still new to MJJCommunity, but have been posting on another Heal The World Foundation thread about what I have learned about Melissa Johnson's HWTF. Just found out about this thread today.

Please go to http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/sh...t=58378&page=6 to the end of the thread for what I have found out so far.

I love MJJCommunity and am so happy to be here. It's not my intent to put anyone down, but I really do hate for people to lie about Michael.

If she has a tribute site, why not just say so?? If Jermaine Jackson can pay tribute to his brother (www.tribute2009.com), Melissa's site could, too. There is no reason for false pretense.

If anyone on this thread has any PROOF or actual evidence of Michael's personal knowledge of and support of Melissa Johnson's HTWF, PLEASE post it here! So far, I have seen nothing real.

Kate

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

OK, folks.

Here is the latest from CBS News:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5234202.shtml

This report by CBS News was published today. It really does say it all, and I quote, "The Michael Jackson estate has no connection whatsoever to the "Heal the World Foundation” run by Melissa Johnson," said Terry Fahn, a spokesperson for John Branca, the special administrator of the Jackson estate.

Rest In Peace, Michael.

Kate

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

For anyone interested in working together on Michael's vision and to preserve his legacy, join us at www.uncivilsociety.org. This is Jeff Trexler's blog, but he has said we can do heal the world work there while we are figuring it all out.

Here is a good idea from a former fake HTWF member posted there today:

Question (already posted on the site): "I would like to ask everyone who comes here to post what you think the most valuable type of work for us to sponsor with both our time and money would be: donate to children's charities, orphanages, children's hospitals, AIDS victims, educational charities, providing help to homeless children--what?"

Answer (from former HTWF member): "Well, I think that is enough about HTWF. I want to answer Kate's question about the most valuable type of work for us to sponsor in the beginning. I think it should be something simple but hopefully effective, such a scholarship in Michael's name at Oxford, where he gave that amazing speech about parents and children in 2001. I don't know anyone at Oxford, but surely someone does. I did look up tuition costs, and although the Oxford website is pretty vague about costs for US Students, I searched around and found several sources that say a year at Oxford for a US person costs between $30,000 to $40,000--about what a good private university here costs. For UK/EU students, a year is much less--about $7,500 to $10,000.

I think a good goal would be to raise $40,000. If a US person is awarded the scholarship, it will only pay for one year, but if a UK/EU student is awarded the scholarship, it could pay for most of their undergraduate degree.

How to win the scholarship? I think there would have to be a knowledgeable review panel set up--maybe Jeff can help us with that since he is in academics. My idea--and I am sure there are better ones--would be to have an ongoing research effort into Michael's humanitarian and philanthropic work... basically a history of what he actually did to help people and the planet. The research would have to conform to rigorous academic standards, and all the papers written would become part of the body of work, whether the winning dissertation or not.

Anyway, $40,000 a year does not seem like an unattainable amount of money to raise, and it would result in some FACTS about Michael Jackson's life, something that has been in short supply.

Eventually, we could endow a professorship somewhere... I don't know. I just know that I want to see people know the truth about all the good he did, and I want young people to study and learn about what it means to do good with your life.

Anyway, that's my idea."

Do any of you know anyone at Oxford?

www.uncivilsociety.org is a good place. You are all welcome.

Kate