# Message from Heal The World Foundation

eunice

Proud Member
We should read through the whole message.Every line’s just so honest and sincere.

I feel warm in my heart cause I know there are so many so many people DO love Michael deeply. There are people STILL keep their faith and follow their true feeling about Michael. That’s great!

Thank you, HTWF

---
Message from HTWF President
http://healtheworld.us/members/htwf

To all those who love him,

The death of Michael Jackson is a great American tragedy. His heart had been battered on all fronts, but he believed in humanity and wanted to change the world.

People are now remembering his music legacy, but behind the scenes, unknown to all but a small handful of people, during these last 7 years he authorized that tens of thousands be spent on preserving his charity organization Heal the World Foundation (HTWF).

Jackson started HTWF in 1992 and was designed to leverage his name, adding to the many millions Michael Jackson had personally given to charity. With Michael Jackson not happy at turning 50 years old, he stepped up his efforts for a multifaceted comeback.

Following these final performances, it was believed that Mr. Jackson would live a long and full life,devoted to HTWF and serving his God and his fellow man, with his fans leading the way.

The staff at Heal the World Foundation express our deep sorrow for the loss the world has suffered. We are devastated by the loss of one of the world's great humanitarians and hope that in his absence we will be able to take the torch of his legacy and give back to his memory the same beauty he gave freely to so many.

We express our condolences to his family, to Michael's several spokespeople and representatives who made HTWF's expanded mission possible and more especially to his fans who saw him as a genuine inspiration and the lifeblood to our work. We love you as he loved you.
With profound sadness,

Mel Wilson
Vice President
Heal the World Foundation

---
And another message is from Melissa Johnson, Group Administrator
http://healtheworld.us/members/htwf...003/Message-from-HTWF-President.html#00000003
Posted on Saturday, June 27th 2009 @ 5:42 PM

Message to the public
June 27th 2009
Re: Michael Jackson Passing

To Mr. Jackson's beloved fans and all those who have written,

Please forgive me if my writing is poor, I wont be eloquent, as I've not yet had the opportunity to process this tragedy and I am not myself, nor are we prepared to answer all of you personally yet, so please accept this as a group response, for the time.

This is Melissa Johnson and I am one of many, who have been helping to develop the initiatives of HTWF and doing its work since 1993.

I cry along side the whole world and my heart is broken in two.
My prayers go out to the family, his precious children and all those who I know are hurting from the loss of him on Earth

There is a void in the air we all breath, as it no longer is shared with a man of extraordinary value to the world.

You all knew and loved him most, for his music, but my small part in his life and knowledge of him was not as a pop legend, but a legend for change and a force for good and charity, a side of him, even in his death, is rarely talked about.

His rare love and devotion to the helpless, the down-trodden, the innocent and the world's most needy is why I grieve today. They lost their greatest advocate.

Mr. Jackson was not a perfect man, but I know he strived to become the best version of himself and was surrounded by those that would not let him serve and love the world with the vigor he desired.

Over the years, I fell in love, not with a superstar or a pop icon as the world did, but with a miracle, a masterpeace of 'love and service', that was the blue print for the future of HTWF.

I learned of a work and a plan that I believed Mr. Jackson could actually make happen, saving millions of lives, not merely results for the worlds most needy, but a shift in the way that people treat each other. From indifference to concern, from inaction to action, from selfishness to service.

He was pure in heart and he loved humanity with a passion I had never witnessed in any other human being and likely will never see again. It was not manufactured love, like a politician who puts on a face for people, it was pure, innocent and simple.

He was full of love and he fought the world's dissaproval boldly, to hold on to his child-like qualities and inner beauty.

I believe he WAS a king, but not merely of POP, a king in character, the royal blood of an honorable and God-like man, flowed through his body and he was good at levels most of us could never attain ourselves.

I believed that Mr. Jackson would DO what he said he would do and change peoples minds and their hearts. Then the whole world. Not through music alone, but with a clearly defined plan and devotion to carry it out.

Starting a movement with his fans and eventually a world of well indented people, people who were fed up with the environment they had created for themselves.

He wanted to be remembered as one of the worlds greatest contributors and instruments for good, along side Gandhi and Mother Theresa, Mandela and Martin Luther King Jr.

He just wanted to love us, all of us and in 1992 he founded Heal The World Foundation, then in 1993, the first false allegations hit and year after year, until his death, every time he tried to serve and love us, there was some rapacious person there to slow him, cripple him and destroy any chance for his good works.

How many genuinely abused children were NOT helped in the last decade because Mr. Jackson's name, charity and good work was damaged so severely. Accused of abusing the VERY children he set out to RESCUE and HEAL.

Corey Feldman once said, calling Mr. Jackson a child abuser is like calling Santa clause a thief!

I believe the world will come to know as I have always known, that Mr. Jackson would never hurt any childand did have a propensity to love children especially, but love them as he loved his very own.

How could he not? He said many times, that a child's heart is not judgmental or unkind, its boldly honest and wholesome, not crude and manipulative as he came to experience with adults in his life.

How many Millions of lives would have been saved if we had protected our beloved ambassadors of peace, goodwill and charity. Living Legends for good, like Mr. Jackson and Princess Diana? How much more GOOD could they have done?

The loss of Mr. Jackson is not to Mr. Jackson, he is in Paradise and is ok now, the loss is to humanity, to the most vulnerable and the sick, to the abused children and forgotten child in all of us. We needed him, he didn't need us.

The whole world loses a teacher, a leader and an example of good character and we will never know how much he could have taught us.
Mr. Jackson is gone now and It is unclear if the Jackson Family will want to continue his charity work and his humanitarian legacy and in what manner.

The staff at HTWF only ask that the public be patient with us and allow the family time to grieve as we wait for the direction they would have us go.

HTWF belongs to God first and then to Mr. Jackson, as God's instrument for miracles and good to the world and we must all be respectful and wait for the family to come up for air, before and IF we can move forward on Mr. Jackson's behalf.

Many have asked what we plan to do and I don't know yet, we are left at the mercy of God and the Jackson family have a heavy burden to bare, but I do know personally, I won't let the adversary take me out, before I accomplish the things that God has prepared for me and I leave the world a lot better off, than the way I entered it.

My prayers are with you all and I ask that your prayers be with the family, his precious children and finally myself, that I be given the strength to do right always, in God's purposes and in the magic and glory of HTWF.

As Mr. Jackson loved his fans so deeply, I have seen clearly why, as I cannot express the joy you all have brought to my life. Your beauty, your loyalty, your love for others.
My deep gratitude and love to you all,

Melissa Johnson
President
Heal the World Foundation

---

I thought the Heal The World Foundation closed its doors a few years ago?

I thought it had too! But that was beautiful, thanks for posting!

:cry:

I have been in "I don't care" mode since June 3 (when my cousin died) that just went into full "I give the hell up" on June 25. It had been infuriating me that people are completely ignoring the fact that this man was a HUMANITARIAN before anything else. THAT is the Michael Jackson I fell in love with and will love forever. THAT is the one I am missing. THAT is the one who helped me through the death of my sister nearly twenty-three years ago.

I realize now--just by reading this--that I've got to keep on loving and use the talent God gave me to continue to be His vessel and continue to spread His love. Just as Michael did despite everything that has been thrown at him. I was really on the brink of hardening my heart to all of humanity. I can't do that.

I love children. I love this planet. I love our elders. I love them and want to help protect them. They are our most precious resources and our most important teachers. We need them.

God needs the world to understand how much He loves us more now than ever, now that He has taken another one of His vessels back. He needs the world to see how much love and care He put into the planet and how we need to love it back.

Not through grandiose or showiness. Not for pride or attention. Not for money or fame. That isn't why Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Mandela, Martin Luther King, Princess Diana or Michael did it. They did it out of love.

i am wondering too why the press still ignores it - but maybe they do just one topic after the other??

I wonder, and really really hope for you, Melissa, that your charity is amongst those who will benefit through the Michael Jackson Family Trust. If not please advertise here, there are many ways to achieve things. And Melissa, your words were eloquent, not just fine, but wonderful and so full of heart that I really hope and pray for you.

There was something that I also was so angry with - charity lost so much money because some few destroyed his image for some personal reason or fun (both things are possible if you look at some of the stories told and the people involved) -

...it was all so well planned (do you remember the dates when allegations appeared? it was all so well planned, and you know the secrecy regarding dates... these guys had no heart for his work in no way)

I hope, it seems, that trustworthy people now get together and work for his dreams, and keep on, and make arrangements that this can last forever.

I thought the Heal The World Foundation closed its doors a few years ago?
Not exactly. I was wondering what was happening with them earlier in the week myself so I was looking into this.

From what I gather, in 2002 they lost their tax-exempt status because they failed to file their yearly accounts, and at that point they weren't doing much anyway I think. But last year they relaunched with new management and are now a recognized public charity with tax-exempt status again.

I'm not sure what the plans are/were, but it would be great if they could grow again to do what Michael wanted them to do.

beautiful and so true.. Is there anyway I can get their contact add?

Michael, my darling, my Angel, my all, I've lived for you all my life, I live for you now and I will continue to live for you, doing the BEST I can to make this world a better place, to make every person your admirer, to deserve to come to that higher heaven where you are sitting and smiling with the Creator...I do not know how I will do it now that my only anchor to planet Earth is gone-the one who held me in his arms and carried me through life so far, who was MY LIFE, but I dedicated my life to you the day I became your fan and as then and now and forever you live in me, so I'll carry on with you in my every breath, in my every heartbeat..I love you baby and know you are forever...

I thought they were gone, too! I feel like a dummy now that I didn't realize they'd regained their non-profit tax status in March of 2008. On their site it says Michael had been working with them a lot (I guess in the past two years). Wow, I didn't know.

:cry:

I have been in "I don't care" mode since June 3 (when my cousin died) that just went into full "I give the hell up" on June 25. It had been infuriating me that people are completely ignoring the fact that this man was a HUMANITARIAN before anything else. THAT is the Michael Jackson I fell in love with and will love forever. THAT is the one I am missing. THAT is the one who helped me through the death of my sister nearly twenty-three years ago.

I realize now--just by reading this--that I've got to keep on loving and use the talent God gave me to continue to be His vessel and continue to spread His love. Just as Michael did despite everything that has been thrown at him. I was really on the brink of hardening my heart to all of humanity. I can't do that.

I love children. I love this planet. I love our elders. I love them and want to help protect them. They are our most precious resources and our most important teachers. We need them.

God needs the world to understand how much He loves us more now than ever, now that He has taken another one of His vessels back. He needs the world to see how much love and care He put into the planet and how we need to love it back.

Not through grandiose or showiness. Not for pride or attention. Not for money or fame. That isn't why Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Mandela, Martin Luther King, Princess Diana or Michael did it. They did it out of love.

first of all..Heal the world foundation,,Thank you for your post...made me cry..
second of all..Irish thank you also..your post touched me in such away that it also brought tears to my eyes. That is correct we must move on and continue to do the work Michael started. We can all contribute to humanity in our own ways. The important thing is to just keep doing it.

I think this relaunch of HTWF was discussed a while ago. And there were some real question marks around it. Does anyone else remember?

:wub::yes:

I cry..Michael gave so much of himself and there are soooo many people he's touched and helped in life!

God Bless

I would love to donate my refund money to HTWF but my husband is a bit sceptical that this website is bogus and taking advantage of MJ fans because there is no mention of a charity No. from the charity commission. In the UK all charities have to be registered with the charity commission, they then have a registration No. which then has to be displayed on their website in order for you to be able to check that the charity is genuine.
I would love to donate but I want to be sure that my money will be used in the way that Michael would have wanted. If Im not sure I shall donate to the NSPCC which is a children's charity who's mission statement mirrors Michael's own ethos and have full charity status.

the reason i loved michael my whole life, real profound love was because of his humanitarian efforts.
more then his music i thought he was the nicest, most caring person ever.
its the reason i havent been able to stop loving him, as during the trial etc my mum was like cant u grow out of your mj obsession, get over the songs.
i was like mj is so much more then just music
love him so much.

Last edited:
That just set me off all over again. That was beautiful. The world really has lost something so special. :( I miss him and love him with all my heart. I hope they get to carry on and do what Michael wanted. I am also going to try and do some things personally to carry on Michael's legacy! He's an inspiration.

So are there real questions about them? I really need to know.

:cry: Wow, that really was beautiful and moving - both of them. Thanks for sharing them. It's really sad that no one even talked about Michael and his charity work for a long time now. Instead they choose to try to bring him down. He is one of very few people who actually tried to help others, and then people fight against him. So sad that there is so much evil in this world.
Also, it brings up a very good point that everyone also overlooks all the time. There are a lot of people who loved his music and think he was a musical genius, but there are so many of us who are not just fans because of the music. One thing that really changed me was when I read his books and then watched his video for Earth Song. I was weeping by the end of it because of how Michael had been mistreated and misunderstood, because of how we've abused our earth, our animals and each other, and because I really saw how much Michael cared. He seemed to be agonizing over it, and it was real. He genuinely was a great person with a kind and loving heart. That is what made me love him as a person. Maybe if we all keep saying it enough and repeating ourselves, finally the media will listen and report on that.

I would love to donate my refund money to HTWF but my husband is a bit sceptical that this website is bogus and taking advantage of MJ fans because there is no mention of a charity No. from the charity commission. In the UK all charities have to be registered with the charity commission, they then have a registration No. which then has to be displayed on their website in order for you to be able to check that the charity is genuine.
I would love to donate but I want to be sure that my money will be used in the way that Michael would have wanted. If Im not sure I shall donate to the NSPCC which is a children's charity who's mission statement mirrors Michael's own ethos and have full charity status.
I don't think there's a number like that for US charities. I've been reading about how to tell if a charity is legitimate and basically all it says is to verify that they're non-profit (with the IRS).

I don't think there's a number like that for US charities. I've been reading about how to tell if a charity is legitimate and basically all it says is to verify that they're non-profit (with the IRS).

There is the Better Business Bureau. There's not much there for Heal the World, though. There is one listing, but it is not accredited and there is no positive or negative activity.

There is the Better Business Bureau. There's not much there for Heal the World, though. There is one listing, but it is not accredited and there is no positive or negative activity.
Are you sure it was Heal the World Foundation? There's another charity, a Christian charity, that just goes by 'Heal the World'. They're based in Irvine, CA (I think, something like that)

Back