Memorial At Staples Center: Fans & fan clubs should have been given tix FIRST!

VegasMJFan

Proud Member
I dont know about all of you, but I'm very upset. As someone who ran a Michael Jackson fan club for many years, I'm very disappointed and hurt that something wasnt organised so that WE, Michael's TRUE fans, were not given tickets to the memorial before the general public.

I know in my heart Michael would have wanted US there before anyone else. When I ran the King of Pop Fanatics Michael always made sure that we, and all the fan clubs, were given tickets before the general puiblic. He knew that we were the ones who truley loved him and he wanted us there before anyone else. For every single concert or appearance, Michael ALWAYS made sure the fan clubs got tickets before anyone.

I know the Jackson family are in mourning and are also very busy at this time, however, someone in the Jackson camp should have organised a way for the fan clubs to get tickets first. I know in my heart that Michael would have wanted us there before anyone. He loved us and he knew we were the ones who loved him and supported him when the rest of the world didnt. Now, all these people who werent even fans will be attending his memorial and most of his TRUE fans will be left in the cold without a ticket. The odds of getting a ticket is like winning the lottery. We should have been allowed a certain amount of tickets in a certain section so that his true fans could be there to remember him together.

It breaks my heart to think people who didnt like him, never supported him, and even made jokes about him will be there as "looky loo's".....just plain curiousity seekers. What a shame.

Please, I beg of you, if anyone related to the Jackson family or the Jackson family camp is reading this......PLEASE HELP US!!!!! Its not too late. I dont care if you contact me or anyone from any MJ fan club, but please remember us and find a way for HIS TRUE FANS to be there for the memorial. I know Michael would want it that way and I'm sure all of his true fans feel the same way. We were there for Michael when the rest of the world turned their backs on him and I do believe Michael would want us to be there at his memorial to say our goodbyes.

I'm sorry, but someone had to speak up for all the TRUE fans and I can no longer keep my feelings in. If you dont want to do it for us, do it for Michael because, as I said, I know Michael would want us there. He always wanted us there in life, and I know hw would want us there in death.

Thank you for listening.

Donna Green
(King of Pop Fanatics)
Vegasmjfan@aol.com

Last edited:
Re: Memorial At Staples Center: Fan clubs should have been given tix FIRST!

This is NOT about you.

This is about the family who lost thier brother, son, uncle...etc

Now...grow up!

I totally agree. In Michaels case more than any celebrity his fans are so totally loyal. We've been with him through thick and thin, it's a unique relationship between us and him. It's not fair at all and I agree fan clubs should have been allocated tickets first. :( He would have wanted that too. I can't be there, but I'm gonna have my own memorial for him somehow, and hopefully there will be something we can visit in the future to feel close to him. Good luck to all those who are looking for tickets! The true fans are being represented by you guys!

This is not some concert you of all people should understand that not all fan were a member of a fan club you my dear lady are so very wrong.

The Jackson family is feeling terrible grief. This was so sudden, and they must be overwhelmed. I feel that whatever they choose to do, should be ok with us. Fans don't need to BE there to know that they were loved, by Michael.

i never was a member of any fanclub....i didn,t liked the ones here in the netherlands, they were always ganging up.....
Does that made me less fan?
No.....
Everyone should be treaten equal and that,s what,s happening now...

the also could have done everyting private and not let television in the stadium...........but they are doing it the way they want.
And of course it,s about the fanbs but it,s al about he family, what they want for their daddy, son, brother.........

Umm ok did I misunderstand? I thought she was saying the loyal fans should be there over random people who just thought they would try for a ticket. :mello:
I feel so out of the loop round here, I really do.

If someone wants to go they should go, there shouldn't be competition about who is a bigger fan or who is a more loyal fan. If someone wants to pay their respects let them, they may have just been a Michael fan when they were a kid in the 70s but it doesn't mean they are any less of a fan than someone who supported Michael throughout the years

I understand your point of view. There will be, just like the concerts, people receiving tickets who only want to be there because it's something ''special'' and spectacular. There will be people sitting in that audience, who are now all saying ''R.I.P'', but were making fun of him before.

But this is a hard situation, the demand is huge and it's hard to tell who's a fan and who's not. It's not like we have this radar system in our computer scanning our brains to know wether we are fan or not. And just like someone else said before, not all fans are on the fanboards. But I think it would be fair, to give fanclubs a small amount of tickets, just like they did with the concerts. This isn't something like the concerts, there will be only one chance to be there. It's something really exclusive and it's not like an official memorial service will be held every year, so I hope non-fans would understand this and not sign up to sell tickets for money..

Please dont get me wrong......I know its not about me. I would NEVER think that at all. Thats not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that knowing Michael, I know he would want ALL of us there.....the ones who truly loved him and supported him. PLEASE dont take what I'm saying the wrong way. Its so hard to express things in writing....I'm not saying its about "me"......I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying is that I wish US, his longtime true fans would have gotten the opportunity to be there to say our good byes and to pay our respects. Agh.........its so hard to explain. I truly am sorry if you are taking it the wrong way and thinking its all about "ME". I would never think that....ever.......thats not in my heart to think that way. Is there anyone who understand what I'm trying to say/express?

Please dont get me wrong......I know its not about me. I would NEVER think that at all. Thats not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that knowing Michael, I know he would want ALL of us there.....the ones who truly loved him and supported him. PLEASE dont take what I'm saying the wrong way. Its so hard to express things in writing....I'm not saying its about "me"......I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying is that I wish US, his longtime true fans would have gotten the opportunity to be there to say our good byes and to pay our respects. Agh.........its so hard to explain. I truly am sorry if you are taking it the wrong way and thinking its all about "ME". I would never think that....ever.......thats not in my heart to think that way. Is there anyone who understand what I'm trying to say/express?
I understand you, I actually think people are being incredibly unfair to you in this thread. Assuming the worst. :no:

I feel you and I am sorry that something wasn't arranged. But when you say his TRUE fans as if we are not that doesn't feel to good. but I'm gonna let the alone. Think logically.he has too many fans there is no space. if all of them who could even afford to go. not even mentioning the ones who cant afford to go they would fill the entire city I mean come on your talking millions upon millions. try fitting all of them in one God Da*% building. it wont work. I think they did the best they could in what little time they had.

I understand. There will be people sitting there, who in my point of view, dont deserve to be there at all. Guess there will be some just sitting there because they love the whole sensation of all this.

I understand your point of view. There will be, just like the concerts, people receiving tickets who only want to be there because it's something ''special'' and spectacular. There will be people sitting in that audience, who are now all saying ''R.I.P'', but were making fun of him before.

Thank you.........thats what I'm trying to say. And, I'm not saying you had to be a member of a fan club. Michael had lots of hard core fans/followers that didnt belong to any fan clubs and they should be there as well. Its not about whos a bigger fan. I know ALL of us here loved him just the same. Please dont misconstrude what I'm trying to say. Snorlaaax seems to convey better what I'm simply trying to say. My apologies if I'm not expressing my words/thoughts properly. Im not here to offend any of you guys.....I sincerely mean that.

Last edited:

Ok I understand sorry had to reread it I thought you were saying something else

Ok I understand sorry had to reread it I thought you were saying something else

Thank you for re-reading. Again, its so hard to say what I mean without some taking it the wrong way .....and, again, my apologies if I'm not expressing my feelings in a way that you know where my heart is coming from. This post wasnt to offend any of you here....I know ALL of us here are true fans, just the same......always have been, always will be.

Thanks to those of you who know what I'm trying to express and are trying to explain better my feelings.

Let me give you an example when I say people who are not true fans.

I spent a lot of time at Hayvenurst several days ago. One couple who was there was singing, "One less freak in the world"........others were saying, "Oh, look....lets go see if we can get on TV"........

These are the people who shouldnt be at Michaels memorial......people who make fun of him and are only there to be "looky Loo's".

I know its impossible to screen whos a fan and whos not....thats why I'm saying that I wish there was a way real fans could have been allowed tix first......after family & friends. Do you see what I mean????? I'm not talking about whos a bigger fan.....only that any real fans had a chance to go before haters......which I know is impossible to "screen". Agh, its just very frustrating.......

I get what you are trying to say, yes it is rather hurtful to know that some ppl will be going just to say they went to MJ's funeral and to see who all is going to show up. To take pictures to post all over the net (assuming MJ will be there in his casket) while fans that live here in the US and abroad couldn't make it due to financial or couldn't get tickets bcuz the gawkers mangaed to snap them all up. Maybe in time MJJC could set up something for all of us such as a Meet n' Greet here in the US or in London to celebrate the Man, the Myth, and forever Legendary Michael Jackson..

Last edited:
Yeah that is upsetting to see. I wish I could go even though I registered for a ticket I still am too broke to go anywhere. I never got a chance to meet him or even see him. when he came to Detroit. he went to northland mall at same goodie record shop. man they closed the gates and nobody could go in. then he went to the rennisance center and they closed off the entrance to the hotel he was in. and we had to go home. I was crying my eyes out and it just hurts because I always held on to the dream that one I was going to meet this man atleast once in my life maybe just that one chance you know and now my hopes and dreams are all shot to hell. So I understand what your saying and it is unfair. sorry about before I have just been so definsive these past days it's not funny. I've been aurguing shouting crying just emotionally frustrated.

I get what you are trying to say, yes it is rather hurtful to know that some ppl will be going just to say they went to MJ's funeral and to see who all is going to show up. To take pictures to post all over the net (assuming MJ will be there in his casket) while fans that live here in the US and abroad couldn't make it due to financial or couldn't get tickets bcuz the gawkers mangaed to snap them all up. Maybe in time MJJC could set up something for all of us such as a Meet n' Greet here in the US or in London to celebrate the Man, the Myth, and forevery Legendary Michael Jackson..

Thank you for trying to underdtand and explain what I'm trying to express....I appreciate that. And I think your idea of having a "meet n' greet here in the US or London at a later time is wonderful......

Yeah that is upsetting to see. I wish I could go even though I registered for a ticket I still am too broke to go anywhere. I never got a chance to meet him or even see him. when he came to Detroit. he went to northland mall at same goodie record shop. man they closed the gates and nobody could go in. then he went to the rennisance center and they closed off the entrance to the hotel he was in. and we had to go home. I was crying my eyes out and it just hurts because I always held on to the dream that one I was going to meet this man atleast once in my life maybe just that one chance you know and now my hopes and dreams are all shot to hell. So I understand what your saying and it is unfair. sorry about before I have just been so definsive these past days it's not funny. I've been aurguing shouting crying just emotionally frustrated.

Thank you, no need to apologise. I know we are all grieving in different ways and our emotions are all over the place..........

OK, so a family in shock and grief has to organise something that will satisfy millions of fans across the world, and they have a week to do it in. There is no place on earth to accomodate all the people who want to go, not being registered with a fan club does not make them any less of a fan.

So, in their situation ask yourself what would you do to make sure that you keep millions of people happy, give them what they want, in the week you have to do it, while you are coping with your grief, not to mention 3 bereaved kids.

I am sure if any fan, registered or not, has a better idea the Jacksons and AEG would probably appreciate your solution to the issue.

It appears that Randy was in charge of coordinating the memorial (based on what was said at the press conference) - so if anyone has a way to contact Randy, perhaps there is a way to advise him to save some tickets to fan club presidents, followers, etc.

Donna - I sent you a PM - check it out please

It appears that Randy was in charge of coordinating the memorial (based on what was said at the press conference) - so if anyone has a way to contact Randy, perhaps there is a way to advise him to save some tickets to fan club presidents, followers, etc.

Donna - I sent you a PM - check it out please

Got it....THANK YOU. I also pm'd you back. Any ideas?????

I dont know about all of you, but I'm very upset. As someone who ran a Michael Jackson fan club for many years, I'm very disappointed and hurt that something wasnt organised so that WE, Michael's TRUE fans, were not given tickets to the memorial before the general public.

I know in my heart Michael would have wanted US there before anyone else. When I ran the King of Pop Fanatics Michael always made sure that we, and all the fan clubs, were given tickets before the general puiblic. He knew that we were the ones who truley loved him and he wanted us there before anyone else. For every single concert or appearance, Michael ALWAYS made sure the fan clubs got tickets before anyone.

I know the Jackson family are in mourning and are also very busy at this time, however, someone in the Jackson camp should have organised a way for the fan clubs to get tickets first. I know in my heart that Michael would have wanted us there before anyone. He loved us and he knew we were the ones who loved him and supported him when the rest of the world didnt. Now, all these people who werent even fans will be attending his memorial and most of his TRUE fans will be left in the cold without a ticket. The odds of getting a ticket is like winning the lottery. We should have been allowed a certain amount of tickets in a certain section so that his true fans could be there to remember him together.

It breaks my heart to think people who didnt like him, never supported him, and even made jokes about him will be there as "looky loo's".....just plain curiousity seekers. What a shame.

Please, I beg of you, if anyone related to the Jackson family or the Jackson family camp is reading this......PLEASE HELP US!!!!! Its not too late. I dont care if you contact me or anyone from any MJ fan club, but please remember us and find a way for HIS TRUE FANS to be there for the memorial. I know Michael would want it that way and I'm sure all of his true fans feel the same way. We were there for Michael when the rest of the world turned their backs on him and I do believe Michael would want us to be there at his memorial to say our goodbyes.

I'm sorry, but someone had to speak up for all the TRUE fans and I can no longer keep my feelings in. If you dont want to do it for us, do it for Michael because, as I said, I know Michael would want us there. He always wanted us there in life, and I know hw would want us there in death.

Thank you for listening.

Donna Green
(King of Pop Fanatics)
Vegasmjfan@aol.com

I completely agree, it makes me so mad that someone isnt that bothered about michael could be taking a true fans place! Reminds me of how they did it at the o2

You know the most important thing for us is to accept Michaels, I hate to say the word, death. And I know it's harder for us fans to accept it and cope with the feelings we have at this moment. That's why I think its unfair that some fans cant go, because there are so many people signing up. Nothing you can do about that, and I'm not attacking people for wanting to go, because I understand. The things is..they liked Michael, we love(d) him.

I completely understand what you mean BUT, its very hard to organise something like this and include the fans

Just because someone is a member of a forum does not mean they loved Michael anymore or any less than us. So it is very hard to pic out 17,000 fans. MILLIONS of fans want to be there

I completely understand what you mean BUT, its very hard to organise something like this and include the fans

Just because someone is a member of a forum does not mean they loved Michael anymore or any less than us. So it is very hard to pic out 17,000 fans. MILLIONS of fans want to be there

well said TomV87

we all want to be there, but its just not possible.

Back