News about the public service

Giovanna

Proud Member
This is according to CNN.com ...

• Story Highlights
  • NEW: Michael Jackson's family deciding whether to bring body to public service
  • 1.5 million fans have signed up for lottery of 8,750 pairs of tickets
I also believe they just said a few minutes ago live on air that Jennifer Hudson will be performing or something like that, i am not 100% sure because the volume was really low so dont quote me on that just yet.

I really don't think his casket needs to be there.......call me selfish but next Tuesday I'm not going in to work, and if I see that casket, man there will be no holding back the tears for me!

I, too, pray it not be there. I want to remember the beautiful Michael that lived among us. He will forever be in my heart and the heart does go on :yes:

This is according to CNN.com ...

• Story Highlights
  • NEW: Michael Jackson's family deciding whether to bring body to public service
  • 1.5 million fans have signed up for lottery of 8,750 pairs of tickets
I also believe they just said a few minutes ago live on air that Jennifer Hudson will be performing or something like that, i am not 100% sure because the volume was really low so dont quote me on that just yet.
Jennifer's very pregnant right now so I kinda doubt that. Unless they mean the other Jennifer -- Jennifer Holliday.

I hope his casket will be there but close of course.

And open casket would be a very bad idea. I so hope they don't do this to him. I thought the family had already decided that his body would not be there? If they do this, then the mayor of Gary is gonna use that as an ammunition to plead his case for the body to be flown there for their memorial.

Either way they decide I'm sure his family and friends will do it respectfully.

I think those who don't want his body there, actually need to view his body in order to come to terms with this. It'll be difficult, but I think once you see him there, it'll be easier to process and the sense of denial will start to go away.

And people who say that Michael wouldn't want people to see him this way actually have no idea what he wanted. None of us do. But he didn't oppose having James Brown's body at the funeral, and even requested to see his body prior to the funeral. Michael was not afraid of death, and I truly believe he'd want people to see him one last time. But I have no way of knowing for sure.

Whatever the family decides, we just need to respect it, and not complain.

I respect his family's wishes, what ever they decide, after all it is up to them.

But I would like to have closure with Michaels death. I still have a hard time coming to terms with what happened. I expect him to show up and say, "lol, its only a movie" (a quote from thriller)

Agree 100%

Agree. He was a part of my life like a family member (even though I never really met him), but that's part of life and closure. I will be heartbroken, but I will also be forced to really admit that this is real. So far I am numb and it hasn't hit me yet. Like almost a dream. A bad dream of coarse. I need closure.

I think those who don't want his body there, actually need to view his body in order to come to terms with this. It'll be difficult, but I think once you see him there, it'll be easier to process and the sense of denial will start to go away.

And people who say that Michael wouldn't want people to see him this way actually have no idea what he wanted. None of us do. But he didn't oppose having James Brown's body at the funeral, and even requested to see his body prior to the funeral. Michael was not afraid of death, and I truly believe he'd want people to see him one last time. But I have no way of knowing for sure.

Whatever the family decides, we just need to respect it, and not complain.

Very well said, and agreed.

Well, something must be wrong with me then, because I don't need to see his dead body lying in a coffin in order to get closure.

If coffin will be open,I will not watch this on tv..
Someday I will watch on youtube,or where will be,but in tuesday,I think I will not:(

Last edited:
I don't want to see him in a coffin, no please no...

I want to remember MJ as he was alive, dancing, singing and healing & entertaining the world...

*R*I*P*

They repeated again that Jennifer Hudson is going to perform according to their sources.

If the stories about his brain being removed are correct - and that procedure is done with drug related deaths - then there won't be an open casket.

Given the way that authorities in LA seemingly dont want a mass turn out, then I would think that its unlikely for Michaels body to present. If it was announced that his body would be there, then pandemonium would ensue, fans would turn out regardless of what the restrictions are, and the authorities dont want that.

I doubt it will happen and I hope it doesnt anyway.

i hope his body won 't be there either but only his spirit, the body viewing or open casket needs to be private with the family not freaks who will look to see if his nose is there (cause im sure some people will talk about that) . And what is this talk about Michael's brain?! what does that mean "death related to drugs" is that normal procedure? i don't understand

If Michaels body is not going to be there, it can turn out to a WORLDwide disappointment and media bubble, and ... the question would be - what a public service it is without a casket???

NO, Family should bring michael there! like it was with James Brown!

Michael deserves his final homage!!! as well as fans!

don't want to see either one Hudson or holiday. Nothing against them though. I want to celebrate him. Like when we went to chene park memorial they was singing the temptations songs and stuff i don't want to here that. I love those artist but i want it to be about him, call me selfish or mean but thats how I feel

some fans need and want to see thier beloveds body
others do not - so in closing we must respect what the
family chooses to do - either way is exceptable for a memorial
so dont judge ..

dont judge - Michael's memorial Please
just pay homage to this beautiful man

No negativity on Michael's memorial from fans please :angel:

RESPECT

Back