Thriller or Ghosts

Thriller or Ghosts

• Total voters

moonwalkbhoy

Proud Member
out of these short films what would u say is mikes best short film?

i go for ghosts,i wish every1 knew about ghosts like they do with thriller.

Ghosts ! I love Ghosts so much and i cant wait until i see the ghosts/Thriller medley from the rehearsals

Thriller is a classic but Ghosts is hands down waaaay better. His acting, the storyline, the dancing, its off the hook in Ghosts. And the special effects are sweet.

Let me put it this way, I once showed Ghosts to a 7 year old MJ hater (she thought he was a freak) and by the end of the vid she was crying 'cuz Mike had smashed himself into dust. Then she turned and asked "but why are people so mean to him? He was just being nice. Why do they say all those lies?" Then all she wanted to do was watch more MJ vids! Not only did she see his brilliance as a performer but she gained sympathy for him as a person.

Let me see Thriller do that!

the problem with haters is they dont know what mike was like. ghosts is amazing. it really doesnt get the credit it deserves.

I guess I am in the minority, but I voted Thriller. I like Ghosts a lot, but the story in Thriller is pulled together more tightly and cleanly, and I think the surprise ending is better in Thriller. The acting of the townspeople in Ghosts is a little too over the top, and I prefer the choreography in Thriller.

Honestly i can not choose between them.

Thriller is a fantastic short film. It has a great storyline. fair acting. wonderful dance number.

Ghost on the other hand has a fantastic storyline. Eccentric living alone townspeople with a deranged mayor try to run the dude out of town. Gets the ish scared out of him and was put in his place, not to mention Michael acted off of himself. the dance number i have no words to describe accurately how much i loved it.

So there is no way i can pick which of them was the best.

uh ? Thriller had 2 votes a second ago and now only 1 ?

Always loved the Ghosts short film!! I remember in 1997 when I was 11 years old and lucky enough to get my hands on the official Ghosts/BOTDF box set!! I still have it, included were the Ghosts full length VHS, the BOTDF album, the On The Line CD single and a Ghosts official booklet thingy! lol...here's some pics I took a while ago...

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

thriller for me. ghosts has better songs, but thriller has a better story. I never really liked the story for Ghosts. they should have made him a ghost hunter like a modern day ghostbuster, only the ghosts were in on it with him. they haunt the place and MJ shows up to bust them.

Always loved the Ghosts short film!! I remember in 1997 when I was 11 years old and lucky enough to get my hands on the official Ghosts/BOTDF box set!! I still have it, included were the Ghosts full length VHS, the BOTDF album, the On The Line CD single and a Ghosts official booklet thingy! lol...here's some pics I took a while ago...

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

I have it too, even though I can't watch the tape cause it's in PAL format, lol

I love both Thriller and Ghosts, but I'm with others who say that Ghosts hasn't gotten the credit it deserves. It needs to be released here in the US for one thing. I think I'd have to vote for Ghosts, but Thriller is amazing, and I grew up watching it.

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

The box set. Ah, bitter memory. lol

I went to a video shop to find History short films. But they were not available. The salesgirl recommended me Ghosts Box Set but I said no, thank you as I didn't know what it was at the time.

Few weeks later I rushed to the same shop to buy it. Unfortunately the one and only box set has been sold.

I pulled my hairs due to frustration. lol

I voted for GHOSTS too.. Because that short film was electrifying!

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

Ah, yes, I was lucky enough to get that. Although my house was robbed and the CDs that came with it were stolen. I was so upset. If I'd kept the CDs in the box instead of putting them on my rack with all my other CDs, I'd still have them.

I voted for Ghosts, by the way. It's just incredible.

Ghost is better but very underrated. Shame Thriller kindof overshadow most of his other works.

I loved ghosts but voted for thriller because it was his first independent vid all Michael. Now ghosts really drove me wild because he look so damn perfect and sexy in that video

Ghost all the way it was amazhing and the dance moves were soo wow lol - hardly anyone has watched it and i guess the slow buildup could put some people off but not me

thriller was amazing tho and started everything off in video world and was way ahead of everything at the time(still alot better them most of the videos these days)

I love both songs and films but I'm going to have to go with Thriller

GHOSTS!!!
I love the start. I really enjoy how he's psychologically flirting with the fatter, conservative, right wing version of himself and the dancing and creeping rhythyms are just insane. I love that clip so much.
I remember i got so scared of that when i watched it when i was 7. I ran out of the room crying. I only ever finished watching it completely last week!

Thriller wins by default because well, it's Thriller, but in terms of preference i have go to say ghosts. Never been so exhilerated by a film clip ever.
Best transformations, dance sequence, music and Michael was so cheeky and flirtatious ( in a really un-convetional sense ) in it.
Admittedly, it still scares me a bit, but that's the awesomeness of it.

I like his cute charm in Ghosts, but Thriller is Thriller, it will always be a classic winner for me

I love them both but to me Ghosts was absolutely spectacular.

In fact I'd love to see someone turn it into a Broadway like show a la Phantom Of The Opera with a whole story behind it.

The worst part about it is that because of where I'm from and when the record companies were trying to kill Michael's later 90's works, I never saw ghosts before a couple weeks ago. Never heard any of the songs from it either.

Now..."Ghosts" and "Is It Scary" are two of my favourite songs he's ever done.

I've always thought that if Michael had not sung I'd have wished he worked for Disney or started his own Disney like company. He had such an amazing and creative imagination and an eye for excitement. A Michael Jackson inspired theme park would have been the bomb!

Was it just me or did anyone else totally see the fat white conservatist dude as Michael from the beginning? I think it was the voice that gave it away.

Back