1.6 million people registered for the memorial service!!

Arabian Knight

Proud Member
"LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Some 1.6 million fans registered for a chance at fewer than 9,000 tickets to Michael Jackson's memorial service next week, organizers said.

The overwhelming response prompted organizers to open the lottery to non-U.S. residents as well, a Jackson family spokesman said.

Those who registered are hoping to be among the 8,750 people randomly selected by computer to receive a pair of tickets to attend the service at the Staples Center on Tuesday.

Winners are to get an e-mail Sunday telling them to contact Ticketmaster for information on how to claim their tickets, said Tim Leiweke, president of AEG Live, which is putting on the event.

Tickets will be handed out Monday at locations away from the Staples Center, he said. Ticketholders will also have wristbands to match their tickets, a precaution against people "trying to take advantage" of the system, he said."

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/04/jackson.wrap/index.html

art.staples.center.gi.jpg

Why don't they choose a larger venue to accommodate more fans????????????

Its so unfair that not many will get to attend. Out of a million, 14 k doesnt sound like alot. It should have been held outdoors or in a larger venue.

Im pissed off! They are using the most smallest stadium cause its for free! Its all about money! Even the state don't wanna pay for outside screens etc Michael deserves the biggest send off and the Jackson's should all put in and I'm sure they would be able to find an area to accommodate all those fans!

Michael deserves better than this. They have put no effort what so ever. Its just a headache to the state and nothing more! "Don't come if you don't have a ticket" WHY? To make YOUR job easier! Stuff em

And in the aftermath the media is going to make it look like only 14000 fans showed up for the memorial, and compare it to Elvis who had 80000 and Diana who had 250000.

I say to all the fans who wanted to go, go to Los Angeles. Fill up the area around Staples Center. Let the streets be filled with MJ fans and tell the law enforcement officers to go fuck themselves!

Im pissed off! They are using the most smallest stadium cause its for free! Its all about money! Even the state don't wanna pay for outside screens etc Michael deserves the biggest send off and the Jackson's should all put in and I'm sure they would be able to find an area to accommodate all those fans!

Michael deserves better than this. They have put no effort what so ever. Its just a headache to the state and nothing more! "Don't come if you don't have a ticket" WHY? To make YOUR job easier! Stuff em

I agree,this should be much bigger.We are talking about the biggest artist in history

I agree!

Shame on them! :angry:

And in the aftermath the media is going to make it look like only 14000 fans showed up for the memorial, and compare it to Elvis who had 80000 and Diana who had 250000.

I say to all the fans who wanted to go, go to Los Angeles. Fill up the area around Staples Center. Let the streets be filled with MJ fans and tell the law enforcement officers to go fuck themselves!

Exactly what I am thinking! They always wanted to degrade him in his life and they are doing it now after his death…

Im so angry about this but I have a feeling almost a million people will show up anyhow

Didn't Jermanie say there is going to be more?

People will probably go anyway even if they don't have a ticket which the media might try and use to make us look bad.

People you should go regardless of tickets! Fill the areas around the stadium! Be peaceful and respectful of course but give the LA police a big headache!
I wish I could go... but I'm broke and without a visa...

Im so angry about this but I have a feeling almost a million people will show up anyhow

That what they should do. They should go anyway and show the world solidity and loyalty to the KING, this would’ve been the biggest record breaking attendance in the world.

shame theres gonna be no real fans more than likely in there. . i just hope for the sake of everyones sanity theres a way for us all to do this later on. glad mike cant see this mess.

I bet its a scare tactic. They know there is still gonna be almost 1 million people showing up so to reduce the amount to make their job easier they are blocking the area off and asking people to stay home. Now that doesn't mean you have to, they just want you to so that they don't have to pay money and time.

Exactly!!! I wish all the 1.4million fans will go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make it the biggest funeral in HIStory. MJ likes everything to be huge and extravaganza. His funeral needs to be huge too!

Just ignore the district staffs who would be happy to death to have 50 people to send them off when they die.

Oh it would be so great if all these people would go!
I wanna go myself too sooo bad! But it's just not realistic. :( Anyone who has the chance to go; please do so!
I'll be there in mind.

shame theres gonna be no real fans more than likely in there. . i just hope for the sake of everyones sanity theres a way for us all to do this later on. glad mike cant see this mess.
MJ is there to see!!!! It's the reason why I wish everyone who could make it to go even if s/he is without ticket!

I bet its a scare tactic. They know there is still gonna be almost 1 million people showing up so to reduce the amount to make their job easier they are blocking the area off and asking people to stay home. Now that doesn't mean you have to, they just want you to so that they don't have to pay money and time.
Yes, they just want to make their job easier. Don't grant them their wish, MJ fans!

i dont wanna complain because i guess its hard for the jackson family to arrange this.. just have to mention something though.. why on earth doing this on a tuesday? people are working or whatever then.

if it was on saturday/sunday- more ppl could go!

Could someone explain to me why it's 1.6 million pp now and 2 days ago cnn was talking about 500 million ppl registering for tickets...?

Back