From CNN: Family service for MJ will be held at Forest Lawn Cemetery

MJsJelly

Proud Member
http://edition.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/

I just saw news on the family service

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The first official indication that a family service for Michael Jackson will be held at Forest Lawn Cemetery came from a Los Angeles police official Sunday.
A memorial poster for Michael Jackson is displayed outside Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday.

A memorial poster for Michael Jackson is displayed outside Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday.

Forest Lawn officials were working with the Jackson family on their plans, which were part of "a package" of events Tuesday, said Jim McDonnell, assistant chief of staff of the Los Angeles Police Department.

His comments, however, did not answer questions about where or when Jackson would be buried.

While there are five Forest Lawn cemeteries in the Los Angeles area, a long line of media trucks and crews have been parked at the gate of the Hollywood Hills facility for several days in anticipation of Jackson's possible interment there.

The family of the singer, who died June 25, has given no public statement on the planning. However, brother Jermaine Jackson told CNN on Thursday that a private service would be held Tuesday morning.

MICHAEL JACKSON The Memorial
Tuesday, join CNN for all day coverage as the world celebrates the life of a worldwide pop icon, and don't miss our prime time coverage starting at 8 ET.

see full schedule »
A public memorial for Michael Jackson at the Staples Center in Los Angeles is set to start at 10 a.m. PT Tuesday. McDonnell said police do not expect a Jackson motorcade to take place on Tuesday.

An official with AEG Live, the concert promoter handling the public memorial plans, said there would be no funeral processional.

About 1.6 million fans registered for a chance at fewer than 9,000 pairs of tickets to the memorial service, organizers said.

Registration ended at 6 p.m. Saturday. The 8,750 registrants picked in a random drawing were to receive an e-mail Sunday after 11 a.m. PT, AEG Live said.

Tickets will be handed to the winning registrants Monday outside the Staples Center, said Tim Leiweke, president of AEG Live.

Last edited:
yes this is in Burbank. My bank is in that street, I was there the other day and news vans for all the networks are already lining up, kind of crazy. I hope it won't be too crazy and that no uninvited people show up.

it kind of pains me to think that just weeks ago I was driving down to Center Staging in Burbank to see Michael, and now it's a cemetery in Burbank :(

NO i want him at neverland! don't you guys hope he is buried at neverland!!

He'll probably be buried there first. The the family may get something worked out to get him at Neverland. Jermaine wants it to be Neverland too.

NO i want him at neverland! don't you guys hope he is buried at neverland!!

Not really and here is why....if you remember correctly at the end of all the court stuff Michael said he didn't care for neve land anymore. He said that it was now a house and not a home. So I dont think he would want to be placed in Neverland,

I believe that, for example, Elvis was moved from his mausoleum at Forest Hills in Memphis to Graceland. So, if they wished and got the permission from the powers that be, he could possibly be moved later.

I can't believe I am typing about moving his body....ugh.

i hope that nothing happens to his stone. Michael will have the grandest one i would hope. Nothing small for a man who's impacted fans and people all over the world. He deserves something massive.

we need to email cali to make it allowed for him to be moved there also that jerk congressman that just put out a video about michael being a pedophile.

we need to email cali to make it allowed for him to be moved there also that jerk congressman that just put out a video about michael being a pedophile.

Did you read my post.? Michael would not want to be buried in Neverland..he hated it there after they went in and tore it up. That is why he moved out of there.

so correct me if I'm wrong they are going to bury him while everyone attention is focused on the memorial right. so they can have some peace to grieve without alot of outsiders. Like westboro dumb ass church

Did you read my post.? Michael would not want to be buried in Neverland..he hated it there after they went in and tore it up. That is why he moved out of there.

I don't think he ever hated Neverland. Sure, people ruined it and robbed it of what it meant to Michael...but with all the love and time Mike put into that place, I doubt he could hate the place itself.

so correct me if I'm wrong they are going to bury him while everyone attention is focused on the memorial right. so they can have some peace to grieve without alot of outsiders. Like westboro dumb ass church

I believe Michael will be buried on sunday. This is a private thing for the family only. I am quoting news agencies. :)

Yeah i think now he would want to rest in neverland because he can now NEVER be attacked again! and it would let a dream come true neverland becoming a place for all his fans to see!

I don't think he ever hated Neverland. Sure, people ruined it and robbed it of what it meant to Michael...but with all the love and time Mike put into that place, I doubt he could hate the place itself.

ok maybe hate is a strong word. you are correct. But he was not very fond of it we will say. And if he wanted to spend the rest of his life there and his after life there I believe he would not of moved.

The only way Michael can be burried at Neverland is if California law is changed...or if his body is cremated.

i kno that mike said Neverland was now a house and no longer a home, but i still think its the best place for him to be buried.. and i seriously think it should be turned into a "Graceland" type of tourist attraction...

-Dal

if it was a graceland place the family could get money for the children! Not to mention Michale deserves more then just a plot at a cemetery!

I hope there is a plan to dodge the media. They need their privacy!
Thank You CNN and every other news station for putting things on blast!

is it possible to watch the funeral streamed online?

The funeral is a private event
it is not going to be streamed anywhere..

the memorial service will be on all major channels.

On Neverland - Jermaine hinted at "Those who make the laws can change the laws" they will surely work something out.

Hey guys,
Im sure us in the UK are way far behind the news from the US, but up until yesterday it is assumed that he will be buried for a couple of weeks at Hollywood Hills and then when the "red tape" is cleared, he will be interred (sp.) and buried at Neverland near one of the lakes which was his favourite place. His casket will be placed in concrete so no one can ever disturb him. Then they will erect a mausoleum like Elvis and use it as a shrine. The Jacksons think this is possible and the guy who half owned Neverland has already applied for the burial. The shrine will bring in a heck of alot of money.

I heard that the reason he didn't live at Neverland anymore was because he had alot of business and gigs in LA and that is why he had rented the place in LA.

michael bush has wrote on his facebook. off to do the hardest job of my life. i guess we all know what that is. it take confirmed with a pinch of salt with the media

Back