Usher - great respect

cgrimberg

Proud Member
I just wanna say that I have never been a huge fan of usher because his doing moonwalk and such on his concerts ... BUT i must say that todays performance of "Gone too soon" was absolutly wonderful, of course not like Michael sings it but I loved what usher did after the song was finished , huging the jackson family and kissing katherine.

I like the way he walked down and touched the casket.

And what I am realizing is that the people who participated were actually invited to participate by the family. That dude who played the guitar told Larry King that he was invited by the family. This may explain why we didn't see certain people like Beyonce or Kanye or Akon or whatever. Jennifer was invited by the family. Stevie was invited by the family. So there you have it. Now I'm not saying that certain people couldn't just come, but it appears that those who were to perform were asked to do so.

I have changed my opinion about Usher. He did a wonderful job. I'm glad he touched Michael's casket. It was almost like when Michael Jackson touched James Browns. Michael influenced Uhser just like James Brown influenced Michael.

Last edited:
i cried so hard during that... I thought he was about to collapse right there,...he was so sad

Usher really touched me when he went down and sang in front of Michael's casket. He has never said a bad word about Michael and has always had a lot of respect for him. Usher did a great job and I know he loved MJ. Much respect to him.

I have always liked Usher and have always respected the support he has given Michael. I did laugh a bit, though, when he said "Everyone here can appreciate Michael, especially me," when his family was sitting 20 feet in front of him. He meant well, but it made me :lol:

Damn. I guess I was the only one how thought Usher going down and touching the casket was.......I don't know how to word it......contrived. I know he loves and misses MJ, but it seemed like it was for show. Just my opinion.

respect to you usher you did michael proud.

That moment ...when usher reached out and touched the casket...was outstanding I simply broke into tears : He not only sang beautifully but also took it further to show that he truly cared for michaell with that simple intimate heartfelt gesture of touch...
I don't have to sympatize with him as a singer but I gotta give the props to the man!

Usher really impressed me! He seemed so sad and he put so much feeling into that song! He made me cry :cry:

I was just worried he was going to trip over and send the casket off its spot to be able to enjoy the moment! That's the kind of incident I've come to expect when Michael is involved. I'm amazed and relieved that the service went by without any disastrous YouTube moments.

Usher did sing the song well and "the touch" was heartbreaking. However, I believe the breakdown at the end was staged. I didn't see tears. I think usher was imitating the way MJ ended the song (breaking down). I just thought it was extremely convenient how he kept his composure through the whole song and then broke down at the same exact time Michael did when he sung the song. Coincidence?

usher is one of us..hes a fan..he met michael, worked with him..how can anybody say that his touching the casket was fake or a show..i cannot imagine myself singing the saddest MJ song right next to Michaels body..he was obviously heartbroken like many of us and i admire him for finishing the song..

it made me smile seeing that finally michael´s brothers came to comfort usher not the other way round..

he got my respect and im glad he was there..

Usher was great
You can really tell he is a huge fan of Michaels and looks up to him.

His performance would of made MJ proud

Damn. I guess I was the only one how thought Usher going down and touching the casket was.......I don't know how to word it......contrived. I know he loves and misses MJ, but it seemed like it was for show. Just my opinion.

I agree, the 'tears' at the end felt a little fake

yea mjfan i agree kinda...it didnt seem to be inspired by mj's performance and the taking of off glasses and crying at end seemed bit rehearsed..I think it was nicer when brooke shields wwent over to katherine for some reason, more sincere..but was nce too..i personally did't like the touching of the casket and felt was unnecessary and a tad disrespecftul because no other performer did it and in front of his mum , kids...hmm....he could have sang it with just as much meaning without touching the casket..everyone knew the relevance of the song and that the caset was there..it didn't need to be the focus...

I would have much preferred if usher or another performer just turned their back to the audience and sat in the chair, looking up at the screen and the pictures and singing from the soul..all the attention on the screen and not the artist which is how it should be..

I have always liked Usher and have always respected the support he has given Michael. I did laugh a bit, though, when he said "Everyone here can appreciate Michael, especially me," when his family was sitting 20 feet in front of him. He meant well, but it made me :lol:

actually, no... what he said was "Michael has influenced everyone here,especially me" - meaning that he is his greatest inspiration.

my friend thinks he faked it a bit. i don't...

yea mjfan i agree kinda...it didnt seem to be inspired by mj's performance and the taking of off glasses and crying at end seemed bit rehearsed..I think it was nicer when brooke shields wwent over to katherine for some reason, more sincere..but was nce too..i personally did't like the touching of the casket and felt was unnecessary and a tad disrespecftul because no other performer did it and in front of his mum , kids...hmm....he could have sang it with just as much meaning without touching the casket..everyone knew the relevance of the song and that the caset was there..it didn't need to be the focus...

I would have much preferred if usher or another performer just turned their back to the audience and sat in the chair, looking up at the screen and the pictures and singing from the soul..all the attention on the screen and not the artist which is how it should be..

oh stop moaning..why are people been so judgemental and picky, usher was spot on, and he was very respectful..

It was very fitting of Usher to be there,he respresented the many current artists influenced by Michael, as he walked towards he casket and then broke down, I feel he represented even me as a fan growing up with Michael all my life.

Usher had me sobbing like a baby. Beautiful, just beautiful.

I felt like screaming when he went down to the casket. Not in a bad way, but it was like that space was sacred and someone was violating it. A very touching moment though.

He didn't fake it. There were times during the memorial when I laughed at some of the stories, and the next moment I was drowning in tears. It is inevitable, and Usher loved him very much.

mj26 please dont label me with words like moaning because every person on here is entitled to their opinin and feelings which is completely different to moaning and if we don't agree , then we don't agree..you dont need to higlight what i said like i been a bad boy at school just to reply with the comment that you thought i was moaning...everyone equal on here in their love for mj and everyone gonna have different views about things..accept it and please dont try knock my words down...thanks

Didn't Usher kneel in front of Katherine and comfort her? That was beautiful.
Never really cared about him, Justin or Chris Brown. But I cannot deny Usher sang wonderfully...

Back