Thread: I just wanted to post this

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default I just wanted to post this

The measure of a man’s character is determined by how much he cares; by how deeply.

When Michael Jackson passed on from this world on June 25th, 2009, I lost my hero. And although I never had the honor of meeting this extraordinary human being, I feel as though I lost a friend; family. And it is the very finality of his death, the fact that there is absolutely nothing I can do to change that he is gone, that so frustrates me. And what grieves me, what pains my heart so indescribably, is that here this cruel and brutal world had such a beautiful man, such an unfalteringly kind, generous, loving person, so full of care. That was the thing, Michael Jackson cared. He cared sincerely. It wasn’t for show, or for gaining the spotlight, or for boosting the ego. The kind of care that Michael had was for the sake of those who he cared for alone. And who he cared for was humanity, he cared for the world. And it was from his heart.

I’m in so much pain now in the realization that Michael Jackson was born in to a world too hurtful, too mean, for someone as kind and full of love as he was; for someone as sensitive and in tune with life as he was. And how horribly and viciously the very world he cared for treated him. I wanted Michael to be alright. I wanted him to win. To come out victorious, and show everyone that, despite what lies they spewed about him, in defiance of how tirelessly they tried to destroy him, they never could. I wanted him to finally be happy, when his life had been filled with so much heartache and suffering. I wanted that for him so much. And I wanted him to know that, despite all the cruel and ugly things people said about him and did to him, there were still so many who loved him as deeply as any love had ever run, and who saw him and knew him to be the absolute exemplification of all that is right and fine in human nature, the epitome of what is good and righteous and beautiful in this world; of what we can all strive to be as and of what, beyond all the pain and sorrow and hurt of this world, is possible for human kind. That we do not have to be selfish or cold or cruel, that we can give love unconditionally and freely, that we can forgive and see beyond the petty and self-centered concerns and needs that make up most of our lives. That we can transcend living for ourselves and begin living for each other. I wanted Michael to know that he was that and so many of us knew that. It breaks me inside to know that, in return for his being that way, for being so wholly selfless and so incredibly generous and for having such an uncompromising, limitless care for the world and everyone else in it, he was treated so badly, beaten up and tortured. Why couldn’t we have shown him we love him? Why couldn’t we have shown him even a fraction of the kindness he showed to us? I can’t help but feel that our cruelty towards him was too much, that in the end, despite being so strong, and loving life so much, it was too much for him to bear, and he had to let go. No one could endure what he did for so long. And I wish so much I could just tell him how sorry I am for what the world did to him.

But knowing Michael, and I feel I do, despite never having met him, I think he would and did forgive, everyone, despite how they wronged him. Because that’s the kind of a person he was. His love was too strong, too great, too powerful, to ever be extinguished, to ever be beaten out of him like the world does to so many of us. And God knows they tried. They tried so hard to stamp out that glow in his heart. But they never did succeed. They may have put out his life, but they never succeeded in putting out his love or lessening how much he cared, for life and for people and for animals, and for everything. And that’s what I’ll always remember about Michael. More then his talent, more then his material accomplishments. I’ll remember first and foremost what a good person he was, and how I and others can only hope to someday achieve even a fraction of the purity that was in his heart. If anything was greater then his talent, it was the capacity for good in his heart, the capacity for love and kindness. In Michael, it seemed and it was immeasurable. That’s what people should remember, most of all. I hope someday they will learn to understand and appreciate how much he meant to this dark, cruel world of ours, and what a powerful light he gave to it, and how much we really needed and relied on that light which shown so brightly from him. That light was his soul, and I know, if there is a heaven, and I pray that there is, that Michael is there now. And I hope he can see how much we truly miss him and need him. He was a great artist. But most of all, above even that, he was a great human being, a good, beautiful human being who tried with all his might, with everything he had, to make this world less painful, to brighten it as much as he could, to make it a better place. And he did. He did. So many of us just didn’t seem to notice how much until he was gone.

I love you Michael, and I know so many others do to, and you will never be forgotten for what you truly were, a man with an unendingly beautiful soul, a man with a capacity for good and love and kindness that was without limit, someone who saw the beauty in the world where others only could see ugliness and pain, someone who saw the good in people were others only saw their faults and their weaknesses. You believed more wholly then anyone in the benevolence of the world and in people, and you let that belief guide you and you lived your life according to it, and though it led you down a path of hurt so often, and though it caused you to lose so much, you never wavered from it, you never let self-preservation or your own needs come first or take it away, because you truly were committed, you believed it so unwaveringly and so unquestioningly. Believing in the good and beauty of things wasn’t fake with you Michael, like it is with so many others, and you proved that by living your life by it, even when it threatened to destroy you. You cared more about what you felt and knew to be the truth then about preserving yourself, and so few people can ever, really say that. You were a truly selfless man who had true conviction in what he said. You would give your life for what you believed in Michael, and maybe in the end, that’s exactly what you did.

Just know Michael that I understand and I appreciate you for your character more then anything, and I hope everyone someday will too, and that they, like I, will know how truly extraordinary and special and wonderful you were and how much good you gave to us and how much you inspired hope in an otherwise hopeless world. Because of you Michael, I can never truly give up believing that there is something better then the heartache and devastation I see every day, because you were that thing that was better, so much better. I know it can exist, I know beauty can exist, because you were there. And even if you were too beautiful for this world, even if you were too good, I still know the universe produced a being of pure heart in you Michael, and that gives me hope, and it gives the world hope. And I thank you Michael, from the bottom of my heart, for you being you. For just simply being you.

I wish so badly the world could have loved you as you loved it. It did not. But I still believe, Michael, that there is more then this anguish in existence, that there is more then sorrow, and it’s because of you that I still believe. You were and are my inspiration to go on and to dream. Thank you Michael, again, for giving the world so much, for giving the world yourself, so selflessly. And thank you so much for simply being. It means more then words can ever describe. God bless you Michael, and I pray to God that you have finally found the peace and happiness you always deserved.

Last edited by wannabestartinsomthin21; 08-07-2009 at 07:22 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabestartinsomthin21 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

london via northumberland via leciester via cambridge. My name is Katie
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: I just wanted to post this

oh man that was beautiful, i agree 100%, thankyou for that.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Oh Lord, that is so heartfelt and beautiful. I've been awake for nearly 36 hours and am feeling a bit numb, but your words have snapped me out of that.

I want to say thank you Michael also: you gave me, and everyone else so much of yourself and we are better people because of you. Rest in peace Michael, and we will forever celebrate your love full life that you had here on Earth.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks

Well put. I couldn't have said it any better.

Thank you for that.
    My Twitter

Remember, my child: Without innocence the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion & Ocean Soul's nothing but a name...

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Thank you for posting this! Michael was too beautiful and too sensitive for this world. He gave so much and never received as much in return. But he knew we loved him and he loved us from the bottom of his heart. Thank you, Michael! May God bless you and rest your wonderful soul!
    I'll never let you part
    For you're always in my heart.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    1 year registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Thank you for those beautiful words they were truly miraculous. And thank you for bringing me some peace by conveying my love for Michael with your words. I miss him *tears*

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Thank you for these true words. I feel the same but can't put it in words like you. You, WBSS , are also a gift , better believe that.

Love

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Beautifully written, from the heart.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Thanks you guys. I'm glad it brought you guys some comfort. I just had to put it down. I wrote that all down in probably 10 minutes. I didn't even try to make it eliquent. I miss Michael so much. He was such an amazing person. Today's memorial inspired me to write that. Brooke Shields and Marlon Jackson's speeches especially got to me. If anyone has those two speeches in a video format I could download, I would appreciat it. I would like to save those.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Wannabe!!!!!!
    I miss you
    I haven't seen you post in soooooooo long!!!
    I've always loved your posts because I have the same perception as yours about Michael. You always posted what I wanted to say which I can't express it well

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilsusie View Post
    Wannabe!!!!!!
    I miss you
    I haven't seen you post in soooooooo long!!!
    I've always loved your posts because I have the same perception as yours about Michael. You always posted what I wanted to say which I can't express it well
    Also so true

Love

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Wow, long time since you've posted here WBSS21! You've surely been missed! You are one of the most intelligent and passionate fans of MJ on this board and it's so nice to see you posting again. That was beautiful what you wrote . I really have nothing else to add. You said it all.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    1 year registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

that was beautiful.
    "..Maybe the walls will begin to tumble and the sun may refuse to shine,but when i say i love you..you gotta know its for all time.."
    We will never see a soul like you'res again..
    I love you Michael always and forever.I miss you.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thank you for having the courage to share this with us.
    It's a beautiful piece of writing, it says everything.
    x

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

WBSS, you have written some of the most eloquent, honest posts on this board. Thanks for sharing your beautiful words with us. It is comforting to know that you and so many others saw all the things I saw in Michael.