Is this memorial program legit?

Rated_R_Ron

Proud Member
The reason I'm asking is because this guy has over 900 of them with buy it now price of only $18, while other sellers who have only one or two copies are seeling them for well over $200.
Plus if it was made for family and VIP's only, I can't see how this guy got hold of so many copies, I actually doubt they made that many.
I emailed him, so far no response.
What do you think???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&salenotsupported

I don't know what's the deal with this program. TMZ has pictures of it, yet everyone at the memorial was holding completely different ones. Maybe they re-did them and this is the one that they decided not to use. So no wonder he has 900 of them.

The reason I'm asking is because this guy has over 900 of them with buy it now price of only $18, while other sellers who have only one or two copies are seeling them for well over $200.
Plus if it was made for family and VIP's only, I can't see how this guy got hold of so many copies, I actually doubt they made that many.
I emailed him, so far no response.
What do you think???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&salenotsupported

That's definitely not the memorial program that I received. The only official one I know of is the gold colored one, and those are going for $300 or so.

My plan was to frame my program, ticket, and wristband, but I'm tempted to sell them and give the money to charity. I'm seriously debating this.

One of the other auctions actually says that this one was given out at Forest Lawn to family and friends only and that it's different from the gold program that was given out at Staples, which is the one most people have.
I don't doubt if it's legit or not, I'm wondering if the ones he is selling are real or fake, because how did he get this quantity and why sell for so cheap?

This is the one that the Jackson Family & V.I.P.'s had. The gold one was the one that AEG created that was given to the public & sold outside.

I saw Blanket holding the golden one, so I think this is a fake program, not sure though.

Somebody smart could make replica's of the real golden one and sell them for a normal price.
I would buy that 'cause I just want to see what's in it and keep it as a memory.

My plan was to frame my program, ticket, and wristband, but I'm tempted to sell them and give the money to charity. I'm seriously debating this.

With all due respect if you want to give money to charity you can organize a garage sale or something. Selling the program, ticket and wristband, even for a noble purpose, is just plain wrong imo.

I would love to have that program, too. And the wristband. I remember how I cherished my HIStory tour wristband until the MJ logo wore off. And now there'll never be another. :(
Also, does anyone plan to scan their programs maybe? I would lovve to have the picture on the cover of the golden ones in good quality..

With all due respect if you want to give money to charity you can organize a garage sale or something. Selling the program, ticket and wristband, even for a noble purpose, is just plain wrong imo.

That's fine...your opinion. I give plenty of money to charity, what little I have, already. I would never, ever sell those things and take the money myself, but if someone wants to buy them, that's their choice, and I think it would be a great thing to do to be able to give a good deal of money to a noble cause. That is if I actually would be able to part with the items, which I'm not sure I would. I'll probably stick to my original idea of framing them as a remembrance...BUT, to me, things are just things. You can't take them with you. Was just a thought.

That's fine...your opinion. I give plenty of money to charity, what little I have, already. I would never, ever sell those things and take the money myself, but if someone wants to buy them, that's their choice, and I think it would be a great thing to do to be able to give a good deal of money to a noble cause. That is if I actually would be able to part with the items, which I'm not sure I would. I'll probably stick to my original idea of framing them as a remembrance...BUT, to me, things are just things. You can't take them with you. Was just a thought.

Well like you said if someone is willing to pay for them... you could state that the money is going to charity too, but if i were you i would never let them out of my sight! Your so lucky you got to go! :)

Well like you said if someone is willing to pay for them... you could state that the money is going to charity too, but if i were you i would never let them out of my sight! Your so lucky you got to go! :)

Oh I know, I was very, very lucky...it was so intense, and something I'll remember for the rest of my life. I totally did not mean to give off the impression that I'd ever prey on my fellow MJ fans, no no no. I was just thinking about how I could either save those things for myself to remember the experience, or put some good use out of it and make a contribution toward a charity that Michael was involved with, in his memory. Now I'll shut up about it. :-/

I totally did not mean to give off the impression that I'd ever prey on my fellow MJ fans, no no no. I was just thinking about how I could either save those things for myself to remember the experience, or put some good use out of it and make a contribution toward a charity that Michael was involved with, in his memory. Now I'll shut up about it. :-/

Sorry, i didn't mean to be harsh on you. Maybe I’m being touchy about the subject, but I think MJ fans should be an example for the rest of the world. Some people turned Michael's death into a profitable business. If MJ fans started selling those things, even for a good cause, that would encourage those people to keep selling stuff on ebay and such. :( :( :(

Sorry, i didn't mean to be harsh on you. Maybe I’m being touchy about the subject, but I think MJ fans should be an example for the rest of the world. Some people turned Michael's death into a profitable business. If MJ fans started selling those things, even for a good cause, that would encourage those people to keep selling stuff on ebay and such. :( :( :(

Oh, I agree with you. I don't in any way want to be a part of that machine. If I truly didn't want my program or my ticket or wristband I would just give it to another fan who did! The thought only came into my head because I was so inspired after the service today to get more into raising money to help different causes, but yeah, that spur the moment thought I had is probably not a good one. And I do want to keep my program and frame it. It's funny though, when I think back on it Michael was one of my first examples of philanthropy when I was younger. He inspired me to sign up with my friend to do the March of Dimes walk and we registered under "Team MJ." :)

Oh, I agree with you. I don't in any way want to be a part of that machine. If I truly didn't want my program or my ticket or wristband I would just give it to another fan who did! The thought only came into my head because I was so inspired after the service today to get more into raising money to help different causes, but yeah, that spur the moment thought I had is probably not a good one.

I understand your intentions were good. Sorry again if i sounded too harsh. :hug:

On one hand i have heard it was given out to people at forrest green the day before the memorial and on the other it was given outside the staples centre? Any verification on this? Thanks.

please beware, there is an unofficial RED program, with a photo from the THIS IS IT press conference on the front. It was being sold by street sellers around The Staples Center the day before and the day of The Memorial. The only official one I know of is the gold programme which was given to ticket holders on the way into Staples Center.

please beware, there is an unofficial RED program, with a photo from the THIS IS IT press conference on the front. It was being sold by street sellers around The Staples Center the day before and the day of The Memorial. The only official one I know of is the gold programme which was given to ticket holders on the way into Staples Center.

I haven't seen the red one, but i now believe that there are two official programmes, the staples memorial one & the one with a head shot of Michael.

i've seen a fwe of the ones, someone w/ the family was holding one. but wegot the one w/ mj on the front, arms wide open, and in a blue shirt.

and many celebs got multiples of that one for staff etc...ugh

Back