Lester: 'Blanket could be next M. Jackson'

**Tink**

Proud Member
MICHAEL JACKSON's youngest son, PRINCE MICHAEL 'BLANKET' II, could be the next KING OF POP - according to the star's best friend MARK LESTER.

Former child star Lester, who is godfather to Jackson's children, claims the superstar's offspring loved all of his songs, and hails his youngest child as the "next Michael Jackson" after picking up his dad's famous moonwalk dance.

He says, "Our children would often sit together and watch Michael's videos - Prince loved Thriller, Paris liked Smooth Criminal best and Blanket adored them all. He could easily be the next Michael Jackson. He loved to dance with his dad and Michael taught him to do the moonwalk."

09 July 2009 19:11

-contactmusic.com

zmike6.jpg

:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking just as a fan of Michael's music and artistry, the prospect of his own son Blanket following in his footsteps to meet great success would be like a dream come true, but Blanket will do what he wants to do. Either way, I'm sure Blanket will make his father proud.

Please not 'til he's ready. Its a lot of pressure and I would hate Michael's kids to suffer with the immense consequences of international fame as Michael did.

p.s. i think this has already been posted

Somehow that is very believable. you could just tell, especially by him holding his daddy's doll...

Does anyone know where I can find the rest of the interview?

Yeah, it's possible I guess - as long as they want to do it and without any pressure. If anyone could follow MJ's footsteps it would be his children since they are the ones closest to him, and of course the most eager to continue his legacy. I can already see the appetite for them in the newspapers, articles about Paris wanting to record a song for her dad for an O2 tribute. True or not I don't know (it was in the Sun after all) but it shows how people are still thirsty for Michael Jackson and they REALLY want to fill in the gap.

Being the son of the greatest entertainer ever is alot of pressure. Leave him alone. Nobody can be the next MJ, not even his own children.

who knows they may get into the entertainment industry and not only be celeb kids, but that does not mean they can be their parents, they are individuals, was lisa marie like elvis performing? are any of these offspring like their parents exactly? my point is the next big thing doesnt have to be linked the biggest star before them michael wasnt related to the beatles was he!! so i dont get this article. leave the kids alone. their father is in them, but dont expect them moonwalking and filling that void for michael fans, let them be the best prince , paris, and blanket not michael. we should leave the kids alone dont you think?? their thrust in the spotlight enough as it is.

Sorry, but, I know how much of a true friend Mark Lester has ALWAYS been to Michael. He certainly does have fond memories and I must admit how much I have appreciated his input. However, it seems as if every day or every other day he is in the news. I cannot help to wonder what his true intentions are for talking so much to the media. Some times enough is enough.

Michael's words:

I don't know how they would handle that. It would be tough. I really don't know. It's hard, since most of the children of celebrities end up becoming self-destructive because they can't live up to the talent of the parent. People used to always say to Fred Astaire Jr., "Can you dance?" And he couldn't. He didn't have any rhythm, but his father was this genius dancer. It doesn't mean that it has to be passed on. I always tell my children, You don't have to sing, you don't have to dance. Be who you want to be, as long as you're not hurting anybody. That's the main thing.

I think it's a cute thing to say, but I don't think any pressure should be placed on Blanket or any of his sibblings to follow in their Father's footsteps.

I PRAY with all my heart that Michael's kids grow up to be emotionally stable adults.

Its a sweet thread. But I hope he follows in his fathers footsteps if he really wants to and that he waits till he is at least 18. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A part of me wants this to happen, but I believe it is time to think what is best for them NOT what is best for us, but if it was best for them to become huge superstars an enjoy “fame and glory” without suffering then let it be!

I sometimes drift with my thoughts, I imagine the three of them perform on stage an explosive show as a tribute to their dad, but that just in my head. I want the best for them.

I dont think there should be any kind of suggestion or expectation put on any of his kids to follow in his footsteps. We miss Michael and want something of him to remain, but we have his music and achievements for that.

I might be one of the few people who don't want any of MJ's kids involved in entertainment. Loving music is one thing. But I just don't think it's healthy at all for these kids to have that kind of expectation. the "next michael jackson", let alone an artist never tries to be the "next" whatever. I think the kids should be protected from such "expectation".

I might be one of the few people who don't want any of MJ's kids involved in entertainment. Loving music is one thing. But I just don't think it's healthy at all for these kids to have that kind of expectation. the "next michael jackson", let alone an artist never tries to be the "next" whatever. I think the kids should be protected from such "expectation".

I'm with you. Personally, I hate it when the media applies the title of "The next (insert legendary icon here)". The artists are never able to live up to the icon they are compared to.

yup i tihnk what would be a great option would to become a producer or own a record label rather than be inthe spotlight themselves. they'll probably do that anyway to release MJ's vault of songs.

Joe Jackson, famous for catapulting his sons into superstardom via the Jackson 5, said he already sees signs Michael Jackson's children may someday follow in their father's fast-moving footsteps.

"I don't know -- I keep watching Paris," Joe Jackson said. "She … wants to do something."

"And as far as I can see, well, they say Blanket, he can really dance," he added.

I dont think Mark Lester is out for self indulgence. I think he has continuously provided positive images, reference etc to Michael Jackson and probs feels that with all the negative stuff still being written that his knowing of Michael balances it out.

I have enjoyed listening to Mark, he has always provided great stories without divulging too much.

After all he did leave the entertainment business so he obviously had enough of it.

AND theres not that many who were true friends, look at flippin Uri, claiming they were still best mates and living off the past - had to laugh tho when one of the sky interviewers was direct with him and asked the last time he had seen Michael.............!

Joe Jackson, famous for catapulting his sons into superstardom via the Jackson 5, said he already sees signs Michael Jackson's children may someday follow in their father's fast-moving footsteps.

"I don't know -- I keep watching Paris," Joe Jackson said. "She … wants to do something."

"And as far as I can see, well, they say Blanket, he can really dance," he added.
One of the news reports here in the U.S. said that Paris wants to be a fashion designer. She gorgeous enough to be a model. I can see Paris in the world of fashion.

Back