What is Your Race/Ethnicity?

What is Your Race/Ethnicity?

• Total voters

Chanya

Proud Member
Hope this thread doesn't offend anyone. If it does, feel free to delete it. But because of Micheal, we are one happy international and interracial family in here, so I am curious as to how many we are of each ethnicity (i HATE the word "race"). I know Michael was proud to be black, and so am I :) What's your ethnicity?

Re: Which ethnicity are you?

I voted, I am white from Ireland :) but a persons colour makes not difference to me...

I voted, I am white from Ireland :) but a persons colour makes not difference to me...

Of course it doesn't, everything here is just out of curiosity, in good spirits. :) In fact, part of the reason why I started the thread is because I find it ridicilous that we can't talk about ethnicity just because the world is so messed up. I refuse to make it a taboo who I am just because we live in a sick, twisted world. Ever since I was a little kid I never understood grown people's obsession with skin color. I never saw it like that, but I'm proud of my heritage.

Of course it doesn't, everything here is just out of curiosity, in good spirits. :) In fact, part of the reason why I started the thread is because I find it ridicilous that we can't talk about ethnicity just because the world is so messed up. I refuse to make it a taboo who I am just because we live in a sick, twisted world. Ever since I was a little kid I never understood grown people's obsession with skin color. I never saw it like that, but I'm proud of my heritage.

agreed!

white here

:)

Interesting to see such a diverse mix. :) I love the idea of multicultural society and fellowship. MJJC is the perfect example of that. Michael broke down all the barriers and brought us together. :)

I'm not 100% Arab though, I'm also part Persian.

i hate the word "black" i'm african american.

"i'm not going to spend my life being a color".

I am an American Mutt (ie: Norwegion, British (English), Cherokee Indian, and German) looks white but the blood runs wild! LOL My grandparents and some great grandparents immigrated here prior to 1928- some came here to the new land in the 1800's. My family has MANY different nationalities: some African American, Spanish, Indian, to Phillipino and more. I wish for their lovely dark skin and others for their straight hair while they wish for my bland white boring skin and my long naturally curly down to my butt hair that often looks like a horse's tail when I pull it up into a pony tail on hot summer days! LOL

Anyway.. I look white but there's much more to me than that.

Neat thread....I'm african american.....

i hate the word "black" i'm african american.

"i'm not going to spend my life being a color".

Uh ok, most people I know prefer the more modern term black american, as do I, just like we call people white americans. I don't come from Africa. But maybe you do. As for me, I'm American, and I happen to be black. Please keep the holier-than-thou attitude out of my face if that's what you're trying to accomplish with your little Michael quote at the end. My intentions with this thread are pretty clear by now.

And by the way, since you're so big on quotes, here's another one for ya:

"I'M A BLACK AMERICAN"

-Michael Jackson

How's that for a quote?

yea im pakistani so went for indian which is near enough the same thing aka Indian subcontinent :lol:

Uh ok, most people I know prefer the more modern term black american, as do I, just like we call people white americans. I don't come from Africa. But maybe you do. As for me, I'm American, and I happen to be black. Please keep the holier-than-thou attitude out of my face if that's what you're trying to accomplish with your little Michael quote at the end. My intentions with this thread are pretty clear by now.

And by the way, since you're so big on quotes, here's another one for ya:

"I'M A BLACK AMERICAN"

-Michael Jackson

How's that for a quote?

I actually dislike the term African American as well and it's annoying how almost any black person is labeled as a African America. For instance, i've heard black people from England and the West Indies labeled as African American and that's totally incorrect! How can they be African American when they weren't even born here in America?! It's foolish.

Another thing, that African American term seperates us from everyone else. I don't see others being referred to as "European American's" instead of White American's. Why can't we all be called Black American's? I know some people are just trying to be politically correct, but truthfullly I have no direct ties to Africa as my entire family is from the Caribbean. However I am proud of my African roots and heritage as a black person, but why can't I just be labeled American? Why African American?

No no, I prefer to just be called Black or Black American.

How weird, I was thinking about making a thread like this this morning!

I'm white. :)

Back