Most beautiful ballad on Invincible

Which ballad on Invincible do you like the most?

• Total voters

Chanya

Proud Member
Which of the many beautiful ballads on Invincible do you like the most? :) Although I like them all, personally I prefer Speechless, it's just amazing and 100% pure Michael at his most innocent and sweet. :) What's yours? I'll put them in chronological order.

"Heaven Can Wait" is my favourite track of the entire album so it wasn't a hard choice, hehe :)
It's just a "real talk" song, and I've always loved the honesty in it.
I've always said I like when Michael just telling it like it is, that he don't want nobody else to kiss and touch his girl when he's gone (how bizarre it felt to write that again in a time like this)
It kind of kills the romantic movie stories where the man is cool with leaving as long as his girl find love again.

Second favourite is "The Lost Children", many fans can't stand this song but I love it... the first verse overlapping to the chorus is one of Michael's best verses ever, in my opinion.
One of Michael's most important songs, kind of like "Heal The World; Part 2"

Speechless.

Love it that much that I had it played at my wedding.

RESPECT! :)

rileyneptunesohyayeah.gif

I don't get why so many people seem to dislike The Lost Children, it's a beautiful piece.

You Are My Life and Speechless...what about Butterflies (edit: whoops didn't see it there at first)

Wow. I'm shocked to see Speechless running away with the lead here. I think it's a bit of underrated track with a good melody, if a bit on the cheesy side. But I thought for sure Butterflies would be winning.

I went with Break of Dawn. Great beat, good tempo, great singing... a really great track. Butterflies isn't far behind.

Break of Dawn and Butterflies both sound especially gorgeous...but 'Speechless' is pure Michael. It may be gooey and overly fluffy but that's Mike for you! :lol: This is Michael when he's left to create what he feels like - when he's not being influenced by any producer or anybody else. That's why it's now my fave. I couldn't say that in 2001 though. :lol:

Break of Dawn definitely. I said that when I first heard Invincible and I still stand by it. It's just beautiful to me...

you are my life...

That song just put it's little sharp paws in my heart and never let go.... although it's cheesy.. I love you, never let you go, but ah... I love it....

This poll is so hard :(
Mike why'd you have to make it all oh so good?lol

anyways settled for break of dawn always puts me to sleep :)

I think Speechless is such a sweet song. I love it. I don't like the acapella intro or outro, however, and I wish the song was longer.

Whatever Happens always seemed like more of a mid-tempo song to me, but, alas, it blows every ballad on Invincible out of the water.

Back