View Poll Results: What is the best song on Invincible?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unbreakable

    29 10.47%
  • Heartbreaker

    9 3.25%
  • Invincible

    5 1.81%
  • Break Of Dawn

    19 6.86%
  • Heaven Can Wait

    11 3.97%
  • You Rock My World

    35 12.64%
  • Butterflies

    15 5.42%
  • Speechless

    53 19.13%
  • 2000 Watts

    9 3.25%
  • You Are My Life

    9 3.25%
  • Privacy

    4 1.44%
  • Don't Walk Away

    9 3.25%
  • Cry

    6 2.17%
  • The Lost Children

    8 2.89%
  • Whatever Happens

    43 15.52%
  • Threatened

    13 4.69%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 146 of 146

Thread: Best song on Invincible

   
  1. #136
    Points: 8,784, Level: 63
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    wednesday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    543
    Points
    8,784
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 585 Times in 243 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    I love both Break of Dawn and The Lost Children. Voted for The Lost Children because it is such a beautiful composition and because I love the message!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to wednesday For This Useful Post:


  3. #137
    Points: 26,406, Level: 97
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 944
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,524
    Points
    26,406
    Level
    97
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 545 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Quote Originally Posted by Michaels Lover View Post
    Why do you even bother? It will just be ignored
    Because it's our job. You guys need to be patient and let us handle this through the correct process. This situation will resolve itself eventually, either through our continued action or mj_frenzy changing their behaviour. Hopefully the latter.


  4. #138
    Points: 10,405, Level: 67
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,631
    Points
    10,405
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 800 Times in 454 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    @mj_frenzy When something you say is your opinion, please state this, at the beginning. Then it will be a debatable topic. If there is evidence that what you are saying is a fact, then please post such evidence, e.g. a first hand anecdote from someone who was there at the time, or is an expert in the field being discussed. We have asked you many times to modify your posting style, as it is causing a lot of friction and upset in many threads, amongst many members. You have received infractions also, for not providing appropriate back-up to support controversial and negative statements, which can be seen as disrespectful towards Michael Jackson, which is against our forum rules. Sometimes you are regurgitating hearsay or rumours from tabloids and unreliable sources, which is also against our rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Because it's our job. You guys need to be patient and let us handle this through the correct process. This situation will resolve itself eventually, either through our continued action or mj_frenzy changing their behaviour. Hopefully the latter.
    These things that I mentioned earlier (about the ‘Invincible’ album) are well-known facts.

    I stated that "his involvement to the album was minimal (in essence, he only recorded his vocals)", which is true because the song-writing and also the production credits that he took on those songs are exaggerated and misleading.

    For instance, ‘Whatever Happens’ or ‘Heaven Can Wait’ are actually covers (of the original demos submitted to him which were already sung by other artists), yet he took song-writing credits for these two songs.

    These two original demos are available on the Internet.

    Also, I stated that "he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason", which again is true.

    On many instances, his collaborators (on that album) were left in the studio waiting for him and also having no clue at all regarding his whereabouts.

    That information was confirmed by several authors, among others by John Randy Taraborrelli or Mike Smallcombe.

    Even Rodney Jerkins himself confirmed that information in one of his interviews when he spoke about Michael Jackson’s many, unplanned trips instead of working on the album.

    A man who is committed to making his album certainly does not exhibit such a behaviour during the album’s recording sessions.

  5. #139
    Points: 10,274, Level: 67
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Germany
    Posts
    1,254
    Points
    10,274
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 535 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    I stated that "he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason", which ... is true.
    You still don't get the point. Or you are playing stupid.

    How can "mj_frenzy", the Michael Jackson "fan" from Greece, state, that such thing would be true? It may hurt your ego, but: YOU. CAN'T.

    What you CAN state is that you read that X or Y said it. Whether what X and Y said actually IS true or not, is then up for evaluation for everyone, including yourself.

    It can not be evaluated by everyone if you don't provide the necessary context to do so.

    Just because YOU believe what X and Y said, their statements don't become facts, that YOU can restate as if you personally KNOW what you're talking about. YOU. DON'T.

    You love to appear as a walking MJ encyclopedia in high demand on here. Yet you have proven way too many times that your reading and comprehension skills and general performance in correctly evaluating information is completely terrible - selective and tendentious at best. On top you appear too stubborn to accept or even understand repeated criticism from anyone including moderators since years. So what's the real mission?


    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    That information was confirmed by ... John Randy Taraborrelli ...
    Even a certain notorious gossip trash lover recently admitted that John Randy Taraborrelli is not a 100% trustworthy and reliable source, especially from the early 90's onwards. Ups, I think that was you.
    Last edited by Electro; 26-09-2020 at 11:16 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:


  7. #140
    Points: 723, Level: 14
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    50
    Points
    723
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 37 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    My favourite track off Vince is Speechless - unsurprisingly, looks like that was the most popular choice. Love his vocals and his conviction on that.

  8. #141
    Points: 587, Level: 11
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5
    Points
    587
    Level
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    What mjfrenzy says is true though. He was cancelling sessions for months on end and dragging out the recording process because his heart wasn't in it. It took 4 years, and with only a few songs he really worked on from start to finish this shows on the final album. Speechless and The Lost Children are the 2 true MJ songs on the album. The rest were presented to him and if he liked them they stayed.

    This isn't mjfrenzys opinion, it's fact. Rodney Jerkins has confirmed this, Rock My World was presented to him essentially finished, in one of Rodneys video chats he even played a bit of the non MJ version.

    If MJ was truly behind this album he would have actually written more then two tracks for it.

  9. #142
    Points: 845, Level: 15
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    28
    Points
    845
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Whatever Happens

  10. #143
    Points: 9,477, Level: 65
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,039
    Points
    9,477
    Level
    65
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 64 Times in 30 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    1.) Heaven Can Wait
    2.) Butterflies
    3.) Break of Dawn
    4.) Unbreakable

    My least favorite album but still has those gems.

  11. #144
    Points: 44,170, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,802
    Points
    44,170
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,630 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    For the time being my favorites are Speechless and Lost Children
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  12. #145
    Points: 10, Level: 1
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1
    Points
    10
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    I'm surprised Whatever Happens is at the top. It's not as underrated as I thought it was. That's my choice as well.
    I've just played this album on repeat for a few days.

    1. Whatever Happens
    2. Butterflies
    3. Don't Walk Away
    4. YRMW
    5. Break of Dawn
    6. Speechless

  13. #146
    Points: 6,989, Level: 55
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37
    Points
    6,989
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    I've always loved Speechless and The Lost Children. You can tell these are two MJ actually wrote. I love the album though even if it seemed his heart wasn't in it.

    Had we have gotten the album MJ wanted to put out with Seeing Voices and Xcape I think it would rivaled History as his most personal and artistic album. With Blue Gangsta.

    What other songs did Rodney do with him?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •